Why does my ex boyfriend want me to help him move?

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up 4months ago
We are still "friends" since we both decided to still keep in touch every week and still hang out every week (to movie, dinner, etc)
So anyway, recently he has been having dramas with his female housemate
he's been telling me about how she's been sleeping around with different guys and bringing different guys home
And now she's pregnant
And she told him that she has a lump under her breast
So 2 weeks ago she decided to become religious and started wearing a hijab (since she's muslim)
And now she wants to kick him out because she can't live with a male anymore
He got pissed off over this but luckily he got a place to move in
So then today he messaged me:
Him - aye can u help me escape lol?
Me - what do you mean?
Him - come help me move and decorate please lol, i will shout you food, any food you want
Me - lmao ok
Him - you can't reject food cmon 😛😛 but if you can't its all good
Me - lol when?
Him - im moving in 2 days so this weekend
Me - lol ok
Him - ok thanks will let u know

Why does he want me to help him move?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're keeping in touch every week then either you're his friend or you're some back up sexual option. As a friend its not out of the realm of offering a hand when moving. why are you framing this in the context of an ex? either you're over it, or you're not. either he will try to use this as an opportunity to get sex, or he won't. either you are truly friends, or you'll be asking questions online to figure it out lol

1|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You both still meeting regulary is a bigger hint for him wanting you back. Kind of the same situation for me... But it really depends on all circumstances.
    In this freindzone-situation I would say he only needs your help to move. Decorating as a man alone can be very hard aswell :D.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You're his friend, and he's having girl issues, you're the obvious person his mind sends him too.

I just don't understand the story of the other girl, so first she's a slut that's cheating on him and he's fine with it. than she gets pregnant of who knows who, and he's still cool with it, then she gets cancer, and decides to become a saint that can't live with her boyfriend? Ok then.

There's a lot of holes to fill in that story

0|0
    0|0
    • You obviously didn't read it properly. She was his female housemate. Not girlfriend.

• Show All
    • Yup. That, I agree. Maybe the girl decides after being pregnant that she wants to change for the better? But as a Muslim myself, I dont see why she has to kick the guy out of the house if they are just housemates.

• @sxprimrose I've heard of people who because crazily involved in the religious beliefs and change everything about their lives, to the point that the church rules their lives. I didn't related it to muslim though.

Maybe it happened all at once and she had a mental break down and its overreacting? Maybe the hormones? We'll never be sure

• Either 1) He just needs help moving and knows you're good for it 2) He wants to get back together 3) He wants to make that female housemate uncomfortable with your presence or 4) All of the above.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not. I think he just needs to get out of there. Maybe he still has feelings. Just weird your good friends.
    His housemate seems pyscho.

1|0
    0|0
  • He may want you just to help with his move because he wants to catch up and hangout while you help him. However, he may have other motives. By you coming over to help he may try to make a move on you or something. But that's not for certain yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Think about it. Who doesn't want help moving. A lot of people would consider calling their worst enemy as a last resort, for help moving.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your friends it sounds like well he expects you to act like a friend

1|0
    0|0
  • Not everything has a hidden meaning! Maybe he just needs help moving and he knows you’re a reliable person! Either that or he wants to sleep with you!

0|0
    0|0
  • Best to assume it is his expectation of you as a friend since you guys do hang out pretty often. Try not to read too deep into it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it Chanel. He's being opportunistic. He knows you lowkey still care for him and is using it to his advantage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he knows you’re dumb enough to help

2|0
    2|0
    • Because your a shithead

• Show All
    • Get lost

• You dont know jackshittt

• Maybe he's hoping that you two will get back together

0|0
    0|0
  • May be he still need u n not over u n know u would help him

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he is a mooch who uses people.

0|0
    1|1
  • He wants to see bend over and pick up boxes.

0|1
    0|1
  • He doesn’t have any other friends?

1|0
    0|0
  • Because he is too cheap to hire movers

0|0
    0|0
    • But he's only moving to the next building?

• Show All
    • Its just his clothes and electronics and stuff like that
      he's not moving any of his furnitures like his bed and all

• Does anyone actually want to help someone move?

• He's an idiot.

0|0
    1|0
  • no don't help him he's a butthole

0|0
    1|0
  • Needs help moving 🤷🏼‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably trusts you the most with his things.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants u back again

0|0
    0|0
  • Bodies make moving easier

0|0
    0|0
  • He's moving, it's easier when people help out

1|0
    0|0
  • Because he needs help moving

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe his a helpful friend. and needs you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wants you back

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like he is bring lazy

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants you back

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably wants help moving!😮
    "Shout you food"? Why do you both write "lol" so much? It makes you sound stupid.

0|0
    1|0
    • Everyone says lol
      You dipshit

• Not people than have a good vocabulary, rather than a small one. What does the phrase "shout you food" mean?
      And why do you feel the need to insult me?

• if you remain friends with an ex. you never broke up

2|0
    0|0
  • to keep from having to move with no help. If you are willing to go for the "with benefits" thing, well, who WOULDN'T want to "christen" their new digs with a little horizontal bump? Old GFs are great for that because they are often willing since they've slept with you before and so they can tell themselves they are not sleazy doing so now. Not saying that's ok but that's probably how he's thinking

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes