Does it matter if a guy brings his child along on the first date? Is that a bad idea and should we change days or doesn’t it matter?

I don’t really know this guy, we just randomly met and talked a little, but there is instant attraction and we’re both super psyched about the date. Because of my schedule from finals, I can only see him one day next week, and he work every day but the day I have off so does he. He has a 2 year old boy. And he has him on that day so he’d bring him along. Is this a bad idea for a first date? Or shouldn’t it matter? My friend said what if his kid doesn’t like me, and it may be a bad idea. Thoughts?

2745

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he wouldn't bring his kid if your schedules were different. Sounds like he thinks he's met someone fantastic and doesn't want to lose his chance with you. And the kid is 2 years old. They are not gonna have an issue with it. In a perfect world he could wait. But it sounds like that connection is strong. What's the worst that can happen.

• Thank you! Exactly. And he told his cousin who is seeing my friend that I’m the first female his child will have been around since the Mom, so it’s not like he does it often.

• There you go. I went through something similar only it was the second date. Lol! And I don't regret it because we just celebrated 3 years together. Our connection is like nothing I ever felt even with my son's father I spent 15 years with. When you have a connection like that you don't want to let it get away. I hope your connection grows and one day you'll be laughing about bring a 2 yr old on your first date. Goodluck.😊