Would you be in an online relationship/long distance relationship?

Why/why not?

69107

Most Helpful Guys

• If there was no other option available, I suppose, but it's certainly not my preference. I much prefer to actually be physically with my partner.

I have high scores on both Quality Time and Physical Touch on the love languages quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com That means I need to spend a lot of time with my partner and have physical contact (not just sex, but things like cuddling and sleeping next to each other) in order to really feel good in a relationship.

Years ago, I tried a LDR twice - in one case it became LDR after we'd been together a few months because I had to move for my job and in the other case it was LDR from the beginning. Neither lasted a year. I think it's just too hard.

People with low scores on Quality Time and Physical Touch probably have a better chance of making it work, but it's not an ideal situation at all for someone like me.

• Yes. When you're actually in love and happy with someone, then I don't see a reason why not to.
    There'd be no point in replacing that person with someone you care less for, simply because you can't get physical as often.
    Distance doesn't matter and won't last forever, since you'll move together at some point.
    Also.. A long distance relationship actually requires tons of communication.. Since you can't meet, you'll have to talk which is the best way to get to know your partner.

• A little fact about me.. I'm in one right now with a girl from Japan (3 1/2 years already).
      My flight goes tomorrow ;P

• Awww have a safe flight!! And enjoy your time :)

• Thank you very much :)
      We already have some nice trips planned but even without that I'd have enough to look forward to.
      I just hope that I can catch some sleep on the plane.. It's gonna be looong flight otherwise.

Regarding your initial question.. Feel free to ask me if there is anything more you'd like to know.

Most Helpful Girls

• No.
    When there are no physical memories together, and there is enough distance, both individuals will eventually find it hard to maintain such a connection; the moment another special someone enters their life. This is because there are no true memories, and it’s easier to avoid confused and/or aggressive exes when they are hundreds of kilometers away.
    9/10, at least 1 person will get hurt; if not both.
    Maintaining long distance friendships on the other hand is really good; make international connections while you’re young, and you will open thousands of doors for yourself.

• I have and we've been together a year and moved in with each other 😂

• How did you meet? Details! Lol

• Awwww was it hard for you guys to keep in contact long distance?

• Met on there, talked for a few months on there and then the eventual visits, the dude came to me bless him, and then the dude asked me to move down and I said yes haha