Can a guy and a girl go to a baseball game as "just friends"?

There's this guy who I'm friends with benefits with pretty much. He stated awhile ago that he doesn't want to settle down. I have feelings but I haven't said anything in risk of ruining the friendship. We are making plans to hang out tomorrow and he brought up going to the Cubs game if they're in town. Is it possible for just the two of us to go to a game as just friends or does it give off a date vibe?

Even though we're friends with benefits, we text a fair amount though we don't text every day. It's also about genuine stuff most of the time.

1754

Most Helpful Guy

• they can but you and that guy can not. You seem to like him and he invited you over to the game and you apparently text often too, and both seem to like. What is the use of hiding?
    Both of you want to date each other without telling the other person you are dating them, for some reason. You are literally hiding the date from the person you are dating.

• I don’t think he wants to date me. When we first started hanging out, he told me he didn’t want to settle down. But he either offers to pay or does pay for everything when we do hang out, which throws me off.

• He IS dating you, he just won't admit it or maybe he doesn't want to admit it.

• Yeah I'm not sure what it is. We did hang out, decided not to go to the game, and went to get dinner and drinks instead. We went to a semi-fancy restaurant (his choice) and he paid for everything. He told me he never expects me to pay due to my financial situation.

Most Helpful Girl