What makes a pretty girl "unapproachable"?

The question is pretty self-explanatory. One which I have struggled with. I know girls who, according to beauty standards, are pretty but some of them often complain about "having no chance with guys". Since I'm not at all experienced in the dating realm, please explain this to me: What makes you not want to talk to you a pretty girl? Is it you not feeling confident? is it the girl not sharing similar interests with you? is it her mannerism? is it her shyness? is it her unfriendliness? I am honestly baffled by this!

25112

Most Helpful Guys

• Haha, @Baranishere...

You ask a very good question. If you understand what I'm about to tell you, you have a chance to get the hottest guy around.

Firstly, pretty girls and hot guys are not unapproachable. What I mean by this, is that there is no inherent quality of a hot person that makes him/her unapproachable.

The reason he/she is perceived to be unapproachable... is all because of... YOU. You have placed him/her on this altar or pedestal, where you knowingly or unknowingly believe that your attractiveness is not at the same level.

This means that most average-looking men and women are too afraid or feel unworthy to approach a super hot guy/girl. On the other end of the spectrum, most average-looking men and women have no problem speaking to unattractive ones.

Now... REVERSE...

From the perspective of the hot girl...
    Hot girls are rarely approached. It is a very common complaint among supermodels and ultra-attractive women that they can't get a guy. Or when a guy actually approaches her, it is a douchebag. This is because many aggressive alpha-males have the guts to ask EVERY woman... average or attractive. And so while the average women gets approached by a mix of nice/douchebag men, the hot girl only gets approached by... douchebag men.

Hot girls and guys are human being just like you and me. And if they want happiness in their lives, they want a STABLE, LOYAL partner.

The only time that the average man thinks about asking a hot girl out... is when that hot girl already has a boyfriend that looks like an average guy. Because then the man will think, "What the hell is that gorgeous woman doing with that ugly guy... I'm better than him"". But by then, it's already too late. She's taken.

So if you want that hot guy, go and ask. The worst that can happen is he says no. If you never ask, you'll never know for your entire life what could have been. The reverse is true for guys... go ask her out.

• Please put this as MHO. Perfectly accurate. What a wonderful answer! This is 100000% on point!

• Oh my goodness, this is so true!!! Even my own husband was afraid to ask me out because I'm hotter than him. I had to ask him out! I get chased by all sorts of undesirable men, but the nice ones are all afraid of how pretty I am and the fact that hoards of other guys want me. It's to the point where really pretty girls sometimes get stuck trying to chase down a decent man. Ha ha ha. I hope more men read your post.

• 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Because more often than not they act stuck up and sometimes do that simple-minded thing where you walk by and you do give a "Hello" or "How are you doing?" and they look you right in the eye and say nothing.

You can't think the world of yourself and be unapproachable yet want guys to want you.

• They want attractive men to want them, that's the difference.

• @RalphBlack donald trump? you should be more specific I guess

• @StarShine98 and that is the typical bullshit people play when u want to know somebody they automatically believe u are desperete or u chase its fkn stupid bcs its not true it doesn't work like this

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's all body language, no resting b face and not being afraid to look someone in the eye and smile. While also not treating or acting like you are better than everyone just because of your looks

• Probably because if a guy even says “hello” to some of these women today, he’s likely to have a sexual harassment case against him. I’m not saying you would do that, but a lot of these women would which would make it scary to even approach a woman at all. Not to mention a lot of guys assume pretty women are either taken or not interested and then there are some who prefer to date lesser attractive women. Not all beautiful women are stuck up bitches.

I think beauty is both a blessing and a curse to many women, but you’ll find someone 😊