Girls, why is a man's height important when finding a partner?

Explanations of responses would be great.
  • I just find it physically attractive.
  • It makes me feel protected.
  • It's a genetic trait I'd like to be able to pass on to my kids should we have any.
    Vote C
  • More than one of these.
    Vote D
  • None of these.
    Vote E
  • Height doesn't matter. He could several inches shorter than me and I would still date him.
    Vote F
  • I'm a guy/Results
    Vote G
Lol, I love how the amount of men who voted to see results is more than the women who have currently voted

4930

Most Helpful Guys

• I have Some reasons are :

1. Around a hot tall guy, you get to wear heels with reckless abandon without worrying that you will tower over him!

2. They are born knowing how to pick you up and throw you on a bed :p

3. When you are near a hot tall guy, you feel safe, like nothing can happening to you because other people are intimidated by tall people.

4. You feel safe when they hug you, and your height matches theirs in such a way that your ear hits their heart and you can hear it beat.

5. When they hug you from behind they can rest their chin on your head and grab you, causing you to melt a little bit inside.

6. You can turn their sweaters and shirts into dresses. Just throw on some pumps and hit the club, gurl!

7. Hot guys who are tall and big can reach stuff off the top shelf for you, and when they do you can stare at them and watch as their muscles flex.

8. All tall hot guys are sexy when sitting down because they are so tall that they have to slouch, meaning their legs are spread open kind of and just yessss.

9. Tall guys look great in clothes because clothes are made with tall people in mind. Plus it’s really cute when they roll their pants up to show some of their socks, a look that only tall people can pull off effectively!

10. They have healthy genes.

11. You will never have to wear kitten heels/ be conscious about your shoe choice/worry about looking taller than your man.

12. People who love tall guys know that the act of looking at a tall dude is an act of seduction because you have to look up at him and just omg.

13. If you’re shorter than your man friend, you “fit” together with them in awesome ways.

14. Sometimes a hot guy is so tall that-holding his hand is awkward so you hold his bicep instead, which is just as good!

15. Because when your hot tall man friend takes you to concerts, he can see everything but will use his domineering height to comb through the crowd to make sure you get to see, too.

16. When you go to stuff with him it will be easier for your friends to spot you in the crowd.

17. You will always be seen as cute and cuddly to a tall dude.

18. They have long legs…

19. When it’s raining outside a tall guy will pull out his umbrella and you will remain perfectly dry!

20. When you share a bed with a hot tall guy at night it’s easier to get into his little nook.

• I feel sorry for really short guys. I know of ways how it can be swung in their favor though as I've seen some do.

They go into very niche flamboyant styles where they actually appear very attractive for select groups of women. I hope their interest in those scenes are genuine though, because otherwise it's a little sad.

If you're a really short guy. Get slim and let your hair grow out. Except for the body hair, that you shave off!
    Go as far away as you can from masculine/broad appeal looks because you're not going to wing that anyway. Turn yourself into an indie-pop looking thing (or any other colorful androgynous alt-scene person).

• I'm 5'7 is that even considered "really" short for a guy?
      I am actually appealed by long, grown-out hair.

• @CharlieUnicorn
      It's below average if you are European descended anyway.
      Still, I would love to go out with a woman who was taller than me.
      I just read that there aren't as many who are accepting of shorter guys though.

My height per se isn't really my self-esteem issue.

• That's good. When I was talking about really short guys, what I had in mind were men I knew who actually have a condition. Stunted growth because they had leukemia or some severe hormonal unbalance growing up. The few men who appear almost childlike physically.

This type of dude's best option is to adopt a fringe style that really stands out and is more androgynous. They do however need to have a good creep radar as they'll also attract pedophile women.

Most Helpful Girls

• I prefer shorter guys. The taller the guy, the more insignifancant I feel. There are sometimes exceptions. The height matters to me when you get to the extremes. Honestly I wouldn't mind if he was 4 foot 11. As long as you don't obsess over your height, it's ok.

• It’s purely on instinct. I like looking up at him and feeling protected, and I want to wear heels and still be shorter. That being said, we don’t always get what we want, and if I end up with someone who’s a few centimetres taller AND I love him I guess I can’t do anything about it.

About the whole genetics thing, females seem to not understand that at all. The father’s height isn’t a 100% determination of the child’s height. The mother also takes part in that. Sometimes the height comes from the mother rather than the father. You can have two short parents and still have a tall child too.