Could you date someone who resembled a family member?

Went out to meet a guy for lunch. He provided excellent conversation so I gave it a shot. He shows up and bares an eerie resemblance to a FIRST cousin of mine. Weirded me out sooo bad. Could you date a guy that looks like family?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
    Vote C

1513

Most Helpful Girls

• We’re attracted to familiar things. If someone resembles your family member somehow, you are more likely to be attracted to them.

This doesn’t mean they need to look exactly like them or similar. Resemblance is different. They have an air that you can relate with your family member, and you can’t put your finger on it. (Lots is people misunderstand the question)

So yes. Maybe I would (and I have)

• Nope. I wouldn't. They would probably be a relative that I don't know. There is this guy who had a crush on me that I think is a cousin down the line especially since he has the same last name as my great grandmas familys and I believe my grandma told me we had some relatives in the state he lives in. Nope

• Same!!! I have some very good looking cousins in the south and my home state. My mother and father warned me who they were since I’ve never formally met them. My dad even told me men with my last name are likely his siblings his dad never told me about.
      Especially in the case of promiscuous men. He warned that if they looked like him. It’s a no. 😳😳😳

• Yeah, I just know family with my last name are either in the south or up north.

• 7h

Thank you for mho

Most Helpful Guys

• If she isn't related and I like her for her, yeah! why not.. Seems the people that would worry about it and have an issue with it might have some sexual excitement with incest, or some taboo kink in their head. Why else would it be an issue if they are not related?