Could you date someone who resembled a family member?

Went out to meet a guy for lunch. He provided excellent conversation so I gave it a shot. He shows up and bares an eerie resemblance to a FIRST cousin of mine. Weirded me out sooo bad. Could you date a guy that looks like family?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• We’re attracted to familiar things. If someone resembles your family member somehow, you are more likely to be attracted to them.

This doesn’t mean they need to look exactly like them or similar. Resemblance is different. They have an air that you can relate with your family member, and you can’t put your finger on it. (Lots is people misunderstand the question)

So yes. Maybe I would (and I have)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I wouldn't. They would probably be a relative that I don't know. There is this guy who had a crush on me that I think is a cousin down the line especially since he has the same last name as my great grandmas familys and I believe my grandma told me we had some relatives in the state he lives in. Nope

1|0
    0|0
    • Same!!! I have some very good looking cousins in the south and my home state. My mother and father warned me who they were since I’ve never formally met them. My dad even told me men with my last name are likely his siblings his dad never told me about.
      Especially in the case of promiscuous men. He warned that if they looked like him. It’s a no. 😳😳😳

• Show All
    • Yeah, I just know family with my last name are either in the south or up north.

• 7h

Thank you for mho

Most Helpful Guys

• If she isn't related and I like her for her, yeah! why not.. Seems the people that would worry about it and have an issue with it might have some sexual excitement with incest, or some taboo kink in their head. Why else would it be an issue if they are not related?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I probably couldn't do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, never. I'm attracted to whoever that doesn't look like myself, my siblings or any of my family. Someone who looks similar to a family member is a huge turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely NOT! God forbid they just MAY BE RELATED. Then what? I would not want that scenario.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well a resemblance would definitely throw me off, so probably not.

Now personality traits is where I might consider a maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think someone wouldn't be too bothered by that because they had really good families. But for me, no, i dont want to be reminded if my family everyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • I said no because I'm a straight man,
    and because incest is wrong.
    If I went on a date with a woman that looked a close resemblance to being possible familial relations, it's not happening. I'd hang out and be friends.
    I'd consider her family.

0|0
    0|0
  • My crush has the same name as my annoying uncle, gonna be cringing if he ever finds out lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Im told my man looks exactly lile my father did at the same age but i dont see it

0|1
    0|0
  • I was dating a women who reminded me of a woman from work who is very superficial and catty. She is attractive but I couldn't get past how she reminded me of that woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, i sstarted talking to this guy and he reminded me of my dad...
    no no no

0|0
    0|0
  • My most recent girlfriend was like my mom in highschool even down to birth date. But she's athletic while my mom only recently became athletic.

0|0
    0|0
    • Does your mom have a daughter she never told you about?

• Show All
    • Haha I was just joking around. She would have obviously been your twin if she was the same age as you.
      Well, it's cute that she's similar to your mom, they must get along well

• Depends on how bad the resemblance is and how closely related i am to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • We all unconsciously look for people who resemble us the most. #basicsofpsychology

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if the family member is just really creepy or fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Helllll no

1|0
    0|0
  • I've done it

0|0
    0|0
  • That would make me uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.