Not being ready to grow up

Anonymous

First I want to mention that i have no freakin idea how i'm supposed to write this so um here we go i guess...

I'm just so scared of growing up, and having all those responsibilities, and the pressure of making something great out of my life. for crying out loud i'm turning 16 tomorrow and i'm trembling with fear. it's not that big or important but it terrifies me, i feel like there will be higher expectations and i'll have to do so many things. it's like i'm jumping into an entirely new world and i’m not ready for it.

Is that how it’s supposed to be because I don’t think it should

My entire life I’ve wanted to be a grown up, I was rushing, I didn’t want to be a child. I believed that I was mature enough, that I’ve always been ready. But I’m not. Not anymore.

I don’t know what to do anymore, how to act. And I have to make such big choices, ones that will define the rest of my life, and I feel like whatever I do I’m just going to screw up and then what, my life will be pointless. I won’t be making any changes, I won’t be happy, there will be no reason to exist. How am I supposed to deal with this?

I’m currently wasting my time, wasting my life.

There are so many questions. What are you going to do? What are you going to study? Where will you live? How are you going to manage on your own? How will you sustain yourself?

And still there are no answers. Just fear seeping throw my veins.

This is so unfinished and probably sound stupid and confusing, but if you have read my current fears, damn I love you. Thanks.

Not being ready to grow up
Not being ready to grow up
8
3

Most Helpful Girl

• daringhorse
    Girl, I am 17 year old girl who is going to college next year :) Before you start worrying about that, I want you to relax for a bit. First, what career interest you? Are you into STEM, Finance/Business, Law, Art, Theater/Drama, Music, etc? If you can solve this question, this will answer your other questions such as what am I going to study, where will I live, how am I going to manage on my own, and how will I survive.
    I know growing up is both scary and exciting at the same time, but it’s normal to be scared 🙂 It’s OK to feel that way! To AVOID this type of feeling, how about you brainstorm a plan for your own future. Like first your college admission, what major I want to pursue during college. Then after college, what place I want to work for, and etc.
    Instead of gaming those questions swirled inside of your head, how about break it down into smaller pieces? What I mean is worry about those when you are in that time period. For example, during in college (if you are still undecided), worry about picking the career you want. Then when you have a job after college, worry about which place you want to live for the rest of your life.
    You see my point? It’s all about breaking it down into smaller pieces.
    Hope this helps 😀
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Denniszen
    Embrace each moment as it comes.

Imagine driving through a beautiful enchanted forest, unicorns eating carrots and little bunnies nibbling at the unicorns carrots... those silly bunnies!!

Little Bambi frolicking and jumping around playing tag with the little bunnies.

The beautiful trees and birds singing, butterflies fluttering, babies being born life is SOO beautiful!!

Whats that? You can't see it because your looking behind you in the mirror because your afraid of what you left behind?

If you are looking behind you and not whats in front of you you will miss all of the beautiful things ahead of you.

Tell ya what ya need to do. As you find yourself out growing things (stuffy or a blanket) put them in a box and when you feel like your missing that time, take a nap with your keepsake and when you wake up you'll feel better!

Give it a try it can't hurt.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

27
  • HOAAH
    Talk to people whom you think are successful, ask them how they got there and what suggestions would they give you. Read self help books like think and grow rich, 7 habits of highly effective people and total money makeover. Get wise about money, people skills and goal setting. You are so young... and the world is not going to pressure you too much at your age so enjoy your youth.
  • nerms123
    Your feelings are normal but you’re too young to feel that way. Just take a step back. You don’t need to do everything adult right away. Things change slowly and you’ll have time to get used to everything. Plus there’s always lots of ways to get help with anything if you need it.
  • xMichael1989
    Girl if you dont want to be a grown up, whethever that means don't be, i am 30 years old and i still love videogames and roleplaying games the same way as i was in my teen years, life move forwards and you can't control that, but what you can do, is enjoy every moment of it, because time won't come back, cheer up :)
  • OrangeBoy2
    I recommend you to make 1 year pause before university, to explore the world and yourself. Do some trips and see what exists.
  • ajfass
    If you lye meet to your woman every night and she demands you to change, checkout her privet social settings cus they are blocking u out and chatting with fresh meat.
  • HeyMikie
    Happy Birthday! Growing up is an adventure. Forget about what you are supposed to do in the future. You are 16 years old, so be 16 years old. Enjoy it. Growing older is inevitable but you don't need to be frightened. It helps if you have an older person that you can confide in. It can be a relative or a friend. They can be a little older or a lot older. Sometimes a grandparent can be the most understanding and helpful of all. Just remember that you are not alone. Everyone goes through this. by the way, taking more responsibility in life is easier than you think. Just don't try to grow up all at once. There is no need for it.
  • Holy_Ghost_Fire
    Ready or not, life will happen and come.
  • Anonymous
    I've been in the same situation and I still am. I'm turning 21 in about 5 months and I haven't really grown up yet. I'm living at my mom's, no car, still working on my driver's license, no job yet, etc. I dropped out of school when I was 17 (I still stand by my actions), and I've been basically lost ever since. School wasn't helping me with anything, if anything school was becoming a toxic that was killing me, the last almost 4 years I basically locked myself in my room, dealing with depression. I'm just finding myself at 21 and trying to improve myself, I'm in training to be a medical biller, I'm going to the gym, I'm also studying to become an investor. My advice is to remember that you're still young and to take your time when growing up, the biggest mistake you can make is to grow up too fast.
  • Anonymous
    you women never grow up you are kids lol