Is imagination greater than knowledge?

PoliteSpeaker

Meaning of what Einstein said... At least to my awareness.

Einstein famously said: "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

Einstein was referring to creative imagination and not synthetic imagination. At least not synthetic imagination alone.
Edison is a good example but there are better examples but he is the most famous person so: When Edison created the talking machine 100% from creative imagination. What does that mean? That means he did not know how to do it. He filled his conscious with it, in waiting for plans to come to him through his intuition. I don't want to get religious but the plans come from God, or the universe, or infinite intelligence, or whatever the hell you want to call it. It is the only invention he did 100% through creative imagination. I have used it on meaningless things but it works. Basically this is the true definition of a Genius. Society thinks genius is some kid who is in college at age 12... No that is just someone who has a brain the processes very quickly. That is not a Genius.

The Wright Brothers were 2 bicycle mechanics from Dayton Ohio. Other people had spent millions are trying to figure out how to fly... But these 2 average brothers figured it out... "I can see it brother, I can see it". They saw it in their imaginations and filled their consciousness with it and guess what happen... They were lead to the answers they needed.

Is imagination greater than knowledge?

Henry Ford sent his engineers to work on creating the first v8 engine. Every 6 months they'd come back and say it cannot be done. Ford would say go back and try it some more. He was the one paying the checks but I guess he knew too that any idea held in the mind will began to cloth itself.

Is imagination greater than knowledge?
3
9
3Girl Opinion
9Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• indigomarine91
    This question isn't in one direction as one may think.
    Because there are many different type of

words (linguistic intelligence)
    numbers or logic (logical-mathematical intelligence)
    pictures (spatial intelligence)
    music (musical intelligence)
    self-reflection (intrapersonal intelligence)
    a physical experience (bodily-kinesthetic intelligence)
    a social experience (interpersonal intelligence), and/or
    an experience in the natural world. (naturalist intelligence)
    Is this still revelant?
  • ADFSDF1996
    When it comes to ideas that benefit humanity, the skeptic/nay sayer only exists to be proven wrong.

Countless skeptics throughout history have incorrectly assumed that we have discovered all there is to discover in regards to science and technology, only to be proven wrong. Even today we have countless “experts” who are skeptical about new innovations only to be proven wrong.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• Smoke-n-Growls
    Imagination allows us to push the limits of what we pursue - and can be the key to solving problems.

Knowledge feeds imagination, but putting knowledge BEFORE imagination limits the progress of knowledge.

We need more of both, but a surplus of imagination will lead to a font of knowledge.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Miss_Wats0n
    Knowledge is something you gain.

Imagination is something you create.

Both are unique in their own ways.

But everybody has knowledge, few love to imagine. And very few combine their knowledge with imagination.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

17
  • ZackBan
    It's a very simple concept

Knowledge is essentially copying the imagination of others.

It takes imagination to push forward innovation.

You need the Knowledge of what already exists but being able to create something that does not exist takes imagination and is far more impressive
  • AdmiralSirJohn
    Imagination is the beginning of knowledge. Without the imagination to ask questions, knowledge cannot be discovered.
  • Nick473
    I dont think its one or the other. You really need a synergy of the creative aspect and knowledge to create something new
    • Nick473

I guess you could say knowledge is the materials or the building blocks and creativity is the doorway to innovation

• Julious0202
    I think Einstein was referring to himself, in his case imagination was much more important to explain the universe
  • Deserter
    The two go hand in hand, the more knowledge, the more imagination
  • Gwenhwyfar
    You’re not wrong
  • andreasderjuengere
    I think, both should be used in combination.
  • SenseiSeptred
    Yes, it is in many ways.