Most Award Shows ARE Rigged

Most Award Shows ARE Rigged

Last night was The Oscars in America. People got the chance to vote for Best Actors, Actresses, Movies, TV Shows etc... But, here's the thing, The votes don't really matter. Thats right, Most awards shows are rigged. The winners are usually determined days ahead of time and announced to the winners days before the ceremonies. This was the case at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards when Cameron Dallas was announced as the winner of Vine Star of the Year. Apparently the Vine Star was contacted 4-7 days before the final votes were even counted to recieve the news he was the winner.According to the Washington Post he wasn't the only one. Several winners were notified ahead of time as well. The next year the same controversy ensued. Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards are often seen as rigged as well as many shows, cartoons, actors and actreses who win are all Nickelodeon employed. Even non televised and non celebrity awards shows are rigged. Even School ones. Personal example was when I won a scholarship my Senior year of high school. I was told weeks ahead of time that I was winning that scholarship and be ready to accept it. It was later revealed to me that other students who won were notified days before as well who was winning what awards. So yes I do believe that most, but not all Awards are rigged. But thats why most people do not care for awards shows, because they are rigged and really do not matter.

#Awardsarerigged

#Thepeopledonthaveachoice

312
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• When it comes to the Oscars, the public shouldn't be allowed to vote because let's be honest, Fast and Furious would probably win best picture XD

When it comes to choice awards, idc, it's about popularity. So, I only expect popular people to win. Plus, those types of shows don't appeal to me.

When it comes to music awards, it's also more about popularity than art. The same popular musicians take the awards while the lesser known people, the ones not on the radio are creating beautiful music the majority will never hear.

• So I guess it really isn't that shockng its rigged

• Well, I don't think the Oscars are rigged. I do think it's a shame mostly popular artists get big rewards even if they play it safe/just sold a lot. So, to me, that's rigged. But I don't think choice awards are rigged (unless there is a clear contest based on popular vote and producers change the results)

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe in america. Over here they try to rig it and end up with people voting aganst what they want. It happens a lot.

A few years ago the BBC's strictly come dancing had an older guy who kept getting through and he ended up leaving because they judges were complaining about it being a "popularity contest not a dancing one".

On our shows like Britain's got talent you can clearly see who the judges, among others, like as they usually go last in the final to the fresher in people's minds. Normally doesn't work. Annoys them to no end.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 2

• An awards show can only be "rigged," if there is either no full disclosure about how votes are cast and how winners are picked and there is an appearance of impropriety or if there is evidence that those voting procedures or lack thereof have been tampered with. As far as I know all advertised awards shows have a disclaimer or said procedure listed and available for you to look up or posted at the end of a broadcast. I think due to all this legal jargin, you the public, are allowed to inquire about the results of an awards show if you fear it being rigged, but the truth is they most likely aren't because of this.

Letting winners know ahead of time does not mean a show is any more or less rigged if voting took place before the show aired or concluded because it stands to reason that if being presented with an award, the producers of the show want that person to be present. No one wants an awards show with none of the contenders there.

• Very true. But I don't watch award shows anyways.

What Guys Said 11

• This is the message they usually show at the end of Teens choice awards
    i.perezhilton.com/.../...awards-watermark__oPt.jpg
    "ultimate choice was determined solely by the producers"

• You shared one example of one year in which one award show was "rigged", then use that as your reasoning as to why "most award shows are rigged". Lack of evidence, over exaggeration, and a misleading/false statement lead me to not even consider your mytake seriously.

• Of course. Hollywood is big buisness. If Lindsey Lohan had beaten a guy to death with a hammer while mean girls was in the cinema it would have been covered up but now no one would help her.

• It's rigged if it's advertised as a public vote. But it's not. The Academy votes on it, not the general public. The Oscars are not rigged. It may be decided ahead of time, but not rigged

• You just realized the other part of the so called TV shows? Reality shows are not real, awards are totally bogus, news are altered, the truth is enhanced and fake imagines are used when they can't find anything close to real?

• This is informative since it was always speculated.

• No, people did NOT get the chance to vote for Best Actors, Actresses, Movies, TV Shows etc... The Academy has a large number of people who vote for their choices of the best in those categories, and at no time is there any vote by "the people", nor is it even suggested. The fact that it is done in advance of the show does not make it "rigged" at all. The same thing with the awarding of scholarships. Delaying the announcement of who was selected does not influence the selection at all, so there is nothing rigged there. If an awards show advertises that it is determined by voting of the people, but those votes do not count, then that would be "rigged".

• The whole word is rigged. It's all a lie

• Hands wash hands.

• True They are rigged.

• only "racists" would believe this