MTV's Challenge is my favorite reality show of all time. It is a fantastic blend of competition, drama, hookups, and suspense. The 33rd season, War of the Worlds, will premier on February 6th, 2019. It's the longest consecutive running show on MTV right now.
The Challenge is formerly known as the Real World/Road Rules challenge, and began as Road Rules: All Stars when it premiered in 1998. However, going on 21 years now, the show has bypassed many shows which people have totally forgotten about. Some of them were great, some of them were one-hit wonders, and some of them were flat out terrible.
1. Al TV(1984-1999): The show stars Weird Al Yankovic, which is cool. It's essentially a parody of MTV, and it displays the music videos that Al wants to watch, and only what Al wants to watch. I barely remember this show, and I'm surprised it lasted 15 years.
2. The Assistant(2004): I will defend this show to my death bed. Yes, it seems ridiculous-a group of people who actually want to be Andy Dick's assistant, but the season was hilarious, and it offered some of the most bizarre competitions, and elimination rounds in the history of reality television. It's a shame it only lasted one season.
3. The Andy Milonakis Show(2005-2007): This can easily win the most bizarre reality show of all time Oscar. It stars Andy Milonakis, who appeared to be a pre-teen(due to his disease), and would just commit nonsense skits and do the dumbest things imaginable. One of his biggest hits was his song "Larry is an Idiot Jerk."
4. College Life(2009): In case you're wondering what this mysterious title is about, the show starred eight college freshmen at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and here were some of their personalities: A male student who partied too much, a Sorority Sister who fought with her "girlfriends" too much, a nerdy guy who was unpopular with everyone, the "normal" college girl who balanced her social life, and academic life, and the token black male student who made it on an athletic scholarship. You probably don't want me spoiling what happened during this one season, do you?
5. Scrubbing In(2013): The television show Scrubs was a big hit, but not this MTV blunder. The show followed several Travel Nurses, and the horrors they go through. Yeah, it wasn't too pretty.
6. Next(2005-2008): Unpopular opinion: I actually loved this show, due to its absurdly picky daters. It was quirky, super fake, and odd, but I liked it, and I doubt you even knew it existed.
7. One Bad Trip(2003): Imagine a show where fathers show up on vacation trips of their daughters twerking on men, and doing drugs. Alright, it was a bit farfetched, but still hilarious.
8. High School Stories(2003-2006): This one was actually unique: A show about high school seniors across the country, and the insane pranks, and/or blunders they've done in their schools. One of them featured a high school in the Cincinnati Metro Area(where I live), and that's what got me hooked.
9. Pimp My Ride(2004-2007): How can anyone not love this idea? Basically, they take your basic-ass vehicle, and allow a famous rapper(Xzibit) to decorate the shizit out of it.
10. I Bet You Will(June 10th, 2002-August 30th, 2002): I put this show on here because... 1. You probably never knew it existed, 2. It barely lasted long enough for humans to know it existed, 3. I liked it, and 4. It proves people will do anything for money.