Top 10 Hand-to-Hand Fighters in Marvel and DC

I don't have much time to post details right now. I might add them later.

10. Taskmaster

Top ten hand-to-hand fighters in Marvel and DC

9. Batman

8. Bronze Tiger

7. Lady Shiva

6. Cassandra Cain

5. Black Panther

4. Richard Dragon

3. Iron Fist

2. Shang-Chi

1. Karate Kid

Honorable Mentions

Deathstroke

Wolverine

Rha's Al Ghul

1431
LadyTerror is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 31

• I absolutely had no idea they had a character name "Karate Kid" in comics, wonder if they got any influence from those "Karate Kid" movies when they created him though.

• Well the movie is from 1984. This character was created in 1966

• I have no idea. I think it was just random

• karate kid was a member of legion of super heroes wasn't he... Think he died fighting nemesis kid...

• 6d

I know you don't have the Incredible Hulk in there but that's my favorite, as far as I'm concerned he beats them all

• 6d

Yes but he wins because of his strength. His fighting skills aren't that impressive

• 6d

As long as the Incredible Hulk wins does it really matter After all?

• A major flaw that many of them have in common: the cape. In hand to hand, or indeed any combat, it is a hindrance.

• 7d

I thought Black Panther would be a couple higher.

• These were all very interesting characters for sure, but no mention of DareDevil? ;)

• Karate Kid? LOL...
    Batman: "Wonder Woman is the best melee fighter in the world".

• 5d

Karate Kid beat Batman while Bats was healthy and KK was near death with a virus. He also stole Batman's belt right off his waist during the fight and Bats didn't even notice until the end of the fight when KK handed it back to him.

• 4d

@Tanisha69 That's not plausible in real world, that's why Batman has lots of movies whilst Karate Kid has none related to the original comic character, which is irrelevant (compared to Batman or any other superhero, even Aquaman) :P

• Is it just me, or can you get away with adding a lot more pictures than I can?

• 6d

Dead pool is the best.

• Iron Fist is my fave of these!

• 6d

Ehh it's pretty easy for some writer to say "and this new xyz character is a genius who can beat anyone".

• 1d

Yikes, I recognized only like 4 people on here. There's a superhero literally named Karate Kid? Is he a tongue in cheek character, or handled seriously?

• 7d

Pretty sure deathstroke has beaten batman. Shang chi Is no match for iron fist.
    Can't believe you missed out Daredevil for lady Shiva.
    https://youtu.be/xt5HBEHn37A

• 7d

I would have placed Deathstroke above Batman pre-Flashpoint but he doesn't have many impressive hand to hand feats in the New 52. Iron Fist would definitely beat Shang Chi in a fight but he also has a lot more chi control. Shang Chi has better skills though. Nick Fury and Black Panther consider him to be better

• 3d

https://i.imgflip.com/w6x8g.jpg

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../a1a.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/7yb49.jpg

Deathstroke gets an honorable mention, Taskmater is in the list, Karate Kid is the top of the list, Batman is way down on the list... Just no... Not ok, not on. Where is Karnac, because he would kill this list very easily. Luke Cage? Ok, Daredevil sometimes uses billy clubs, BUT YOU HAVE TWO SWORDS MEN ON HERE... Just... no...

• 2d

Lmao Karate Kid is hands down the hand to hand best fighter in the DC universe and regularly goes toe to toe with Kryptonians. There's just no competition for him.

And #9 is definitely not low, but Batman also has virtually no feats to suggest that he's better than any of the top 8. He can definitely beat Bronze Tiger because his gear is superior, but Tiger has shown better skills. Lady Shiva has kicked his ass pretty much every time they've fought and even Cass has surpassed her mother now. Not to mention, David Cain and Batman seemed evenly matched when they fought.

I was planning to place Deathstroke higher and would have if the New 52 didn't happen, but it did. He hasn't had many impressive hand to hand skills since then. I was also planning to add Daredevil and Captain America in the honorable mentions.

• 1d

I'll have to check him out. Thanks for letting me know :)

And Batman beating the League didn't have as much to do with his fighting skills. It's definitely impressive, especially considering he's only human. But he relied more on his brains and resources.

• 1d

Fighting is as much mental as physical. But yeah, Karnak, he is horrifyingly powerful and has little to no mercy. He is an awesome morally grey character.

• 6d

Easy to scare them. Just hold 'm a mirror.

• 6d

Lady Shiva looks pretty cool

• 4d

Batman isn't number one? :,(

• 5d

What about the comic book characters Jesus vs Muhammad? Could they win in a fight?

• 5d

i love deathstroke and wolverine a lot

• 6d

spider man is the best

• awesome, they are all badass!

but I would like to add Luke Cage to the list as well

• Luke relies more on his durability though. Does he have many years that require fighting skills?

• but I thought one of his main powers and abilities was being skilled at street fighting?

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 14

• I've never heard of the first two, and the last one is a villain I believe.
    Iron Fist is a good fighter, the glowing fist is his main advantage, but the others are more skillful than him, especially Black Panther, Batman and Lady Shiva. I haven't seen much of Cassandra Cain's fighting actions and moves, so I can't be sure about her, I'm also clueless about Richard Dragon, and Bronze Tiger, but they both look dangerous.
    Honorable mentions are underrated too.

• 7d

Iron Fist actually has the memories and experiences of every Iron Fist before him, just like how Black Panther does with all of the previous Black Panthers. T'Challa did admit that Iron Fist is better than him though, but he'd only call Shang Chi a true master. Even Captain America tried to imply that he's the best fighter he's faced.

Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain are pretty evenly matched but Cass has one win over her. It's 3-2

• 6d

I never knew he was that strong. How much can Jessica Jones lift?

• 6d

In the comics, she's considered around the same as Captain America, which is around 2 tons. Not sure about the show though. We've never seen her reach her limit yet

• Why the hell isn't Batman the first? Or Wolverine? And who the f*ck is Karate Kid, that boy from the 80s movie? Come on, any of the lower ranked heroes here would beat him up. 😒

• I don't agree, Batman, Black Panther, Ra's Al Ghul, Lady Shiva and Cassandra should have been ranked higher, and where is Wonder Woman?

• 7d

Yeah I was thinking of Wonder Woman and Captain America but forgot about it

• 2d

I only know a few of those...

• 4d

Batman was my fav

• 5d

I like the first two

• I was thinking Batman would get ranked higher.

• Well #9 is still a good ranking. There are a lot of characters though, and some of them are really good

• Batman should be at least 1st or 2nd

• 7d

@Cadillax02 nope! He's definite #6 within the DC universe. How he compared to Marvel characters is debatable

• 6d

Black Panther and Wolverine are my favorites, hands down.

• 4d

Wolverine is the best

• 7d

Batman can beat them up, all of them.

• 5d

Deathstroke has never lost to Batman, and has beaten him convincingly. Jean-Paul Valley (Azrael) has beaten Batman and Bats used trickery to beat him the second time. Wonder Woman beat Batman without using her powers and he said she was the best H2H. Karate Kid is right for #1 he is far above everyone and beat Batman when he was near death he also stole Batman's belt right off his waist while beating him and Bats didn't notice.

• 6d

I've never heard of any of these characters

• 6d

Whoa that's a lot more than I ever knew existed

• 7d

they look so cool