Thought provoking films for people who are tired of Marvel and crappy CGI

I know I'm tired of these movies that seem to get made every other week and have the same thing they all do. The classic "edgy" woke script, crappy CGI, and basically a terrible plot line. About 70% this is the case for today's films. You might as well give up checking what mainstream entertainment has to offer.

So here are some of my favorites, I hope you found something useful and fun in this my take. A word of caution, most of these films are NOT for children.

1. Nymphomaniac Volume 1 and 2

Most people know I love this film on GAG. It's very sexually explicit, hence the title, but it focuses on so much more than that. Keep in mind it's about a real addiction and the filming is so raw and the script, don't even get me started. It's a very sad movie. It says volume 1 and 2 but it's not really a sequel, just one long film

2. Secretary

Another sexually explicit film that focuses on S and M, but it has a great plot line, and wonderful acting. It's like 50 shades of grey but it came first and actually has love, and thoughtfulness. 50 shades of grey is trash. That's not BDSM, if you want a real interpretation on what BDSM is, then watch this film.

3. Five easy Pieces

Jack Nicholson at one of his finest, a hard film to watch with very convincing acting. A drama/road film.

4. My Fair Lady

I love classics, and this one is the best build up to a classic love story, not mushy gushy.

5. Django Unchained

This is very explicitly violent, but it's worth it in my opinion. A powerful, sad, and kick ass film. You won't be bored with this one. I love most all Tarantino films though.

Hope you found one you love

6
3

Most Helpful Guys

• Django is a classic and I loved it like every Tarantino's movie!
    I'd have to check out the others.
    My fiancée and I too watch some very particular movies (more on her initiative to be honest) and they are always overwhelming!
    Is this still revelant?
  • Tunasub
    I think I'm going to watch Nymphomaniac tonight and look for 5 easy pieces again. I didn't see all of Django, one day I will watch it entirely. The other I believe I saw but I was younger...
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• menina
    Out of these I would watch "My Fair Lady". I've heard about it and it seems interesting. Already watched "Django Unchained" and I also loved it! I highly recommend it.
    Nice take! 👍🏾
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you! You really should give all of them a chance though

• menina

No problem! No, the others are not the kind of movie I would watch.

• You don't like sexual films? Trust me, they are more than just people having sex lol

• Woah this is so thoughtful, once again I can tell how much time and energy went into this post. I can't wait to watch Secretary I've never heard of it before!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Aww thank you, this was one of my short my takes though lol. Secretary is so good! Please tell me what you thought of it when you watch it!

• absolutely! do you know what streaming service it's on, or how you watch it?

• I think you can find it on Amazon, but I know Netflix doesn't have it and neither does Youtube. But you could still try other places

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

14
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Yeah, those seem to be quite some movies, I would enjoy watching them I really miss Cinemax after dark too bad Xfinity got rid of it... LMAO
  • Gwenhwyfar
    Great recommendations!
  • Interesting movie choices! Thanks for sharing! 🙃
  • COMMODOREII
    Nymphomaniac was pretty titillating. 😎😉😏
  • SuccessfulHornDog
    I love Audrey Hepburn. Secretary was a good movie