What It Means To Be "Assertive"

Learn The Difference Between Passive, Assertive, Passive Aggressive, And Aggressive

πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š
πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š

Hi guys and girls. This was a promised mytake covering assertiveness for some of my consistent readers. This is a little spin off fromπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

How To Create Healthy Boundaries, Communicate Effectively, And Be Assertive

Objective: To Understand What Assertive Is, What It Is Not, In An Attempt To Communicate More Effectively With Family And Friends

This will be short and sweet for the readers.

Let's get started:

Be Assertive
Be Assertive

Passive Behavior:

Passive
Passive

What It Looks Like:

Quiet, Self Spoken, Poor Eye Contact, Lack Of Confidence, Looks Down A lot, Allows Self To Be victimized, Prioritizes Everyone's Needs But Their Own, Lacks Self Love And Compassion, Seeks Constant Validation, Constant Personalizations.

Assertive Behavior:

Be Assertive
Be Assertive

What It Looks Like:

Listens Without Interruption, Willing To Compromise, Stands Up For Self, Good Eye Contact, Confidence, Can Effectively Ask For Needs To Be Met, Advocate For Your Rights And What's Ethical

Passive Aggressive Behavior:

Dismissal
Dismissal

What It Looks Like:

Projection, Reverse Psychology, Silent Treatment, Deflection, Sarcasm, Subtle Or Sneaky Insults, Doesn't Effectively Communicate Needs, Deflection, Mockery, Bitterness

Aggressive Behavior:

Aggressive Behavior
Aggressive Behavior

What It Looks Like:

Easily Frustrated, Very Loud, Intimidating, Condescending, Uses Harsh Criticism, Name Calling, Labeling, Interrupts, Doesn't Listen, Unwilling To Compromise, Mockery, Hostility

DEESC Script
DEESC Script

Author's Remarks: Thank you for stopping by!!!!!! Please use the helpful references πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡ To help aid you in your journey to be assertive with the company you keep. I hope you learned something new and that you will understand yourself and others better. Most people are not aware of their body language and actions. They will mistake assertiveness with one of the other behaviors listed above. You may actually be too passive or too aggressive. Which is why I highly recommend the DEESC Script. If you don't know what that is please review the MyTake mentioned in the introduction πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘† That's all I Have.

What Assertive Is And What It Is Not
What Assertive Is And What It Is Not

This is a NEGATIVE FREE ZONE!!!! So be kind to one another and spread joy. If you have personal questions or off topic questions please direct message them. I will not be answering them on public posts. Thanks for understanding and respecting my privacy!!!!! Disclaimer: I do not own any parts of, or profit from any of the Illustrations used on my posts. Any awards from GAG have not been claimed after being accepted. If they have been claimed then I have contacted the artist directly and have permission to post. These artists deserve recognition so make sure you like/follow their pages and show your support. Hopefully you will find my content fun and helpful.

Yours Truly: Secret6620

Here's Something Sweet For Stopping By:

What It Means To Be

References:

https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-illustration-behavior-types-different-kind-human-passive-passive-aggressive-aggressive-assertive-image61553265

https://www.victoriamilan.com/blog/metro-masculine/

https://www.therapistaid.com/therapy-worksheet/passive-aggressive-and-assertive-communication

https://www.google.com/search?q=assertive+passive+aggressive&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiaqYfQx6vjAhUCbc0KHZQZApoQ_AUoAXoECBEQAQ&biw=360&bih=564#imgrc=MT9tajsnY40F_M&imgdii=JWtVg7iJGCXRRM

https://www.slideteam.net/assertive-passive-aggressive-behaviour-table-form.html

Have A Wonderful COLORFUL Day

πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
What It Means To Be "Assertive"
12
9

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

912
  • LoU_Hades

It depends on situation which attitude is the best one.
    I'm certainly not assertive if somebody is aggressive.
    Being mutual assertive is the best attitude for communication with others, but here is the rule valid "don't toss pearls in front of pigs"

1 likes
  • SexyAshh

Omgggg! Another great one girlπŸ’ͺπŸ‘

And ughh! Did not know that was the full definition of passive, i just assumed it meant like aloof basically. I had an ex tell me thats how i come off before speaking.. well that and bitchy. I was partially offended, now i am fully! UghhπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

1 likes
    • LMAO 😘 Thank you for the feedback!!! Love this β™₯οΈπŸ’‹

• DeeDeeDeVour

Awesome myTake! What It Means To Be "Assertive" You now have me craving for very cold macarons. :)

1 likes
    • Yay!!! Thank you so much lol β™₯οΈπŸ’‹

• AD240pCharlie

Thank you for sharing this. Way too many people seem to think that they're being assertive when, in reality, they're just being rude. Being confident and going for what you want doesn't make it okay for you to be an asshole. If you're ACTUALLY confident, you don't need to be.

1 likes
    • Facts πŸ’― Thanks so much for the feedback β™₯️πŸ₯°

• I am currently seeing a psychiatrist every couple of weeks. I suffer from anxiety my psychiatrist is currently helping me be more assertive, but I find it really difficult. Reading through this and seeing these posts really helps, and I have actually copied a link to this post so I can keep going back to it to read over again. Thank you so much for this post please keep doing more like these! 😊β™₯️

1 likes
    • OMG 😍😍😍 I am so happy this helped you. Thanks for the wonderful feedback πŸ₯°

• Grond21

Thank you! This is great. I wish a lot of people knew how to be assertive and not the other behaviors. I'm working on it myself, and I can clearly see the benefits

1 likes
    • Thanks so much for reading and leaving such helpful feedback β™₯️πŸ₯°

• Grond21

My pleasure, as always!

• invalid1

I felt lucky reading your take title, and more than that the content is so clear and the graph.
    I had a positive comment by my boss, and he pointed he wants me to be "more assertive" and outgoing. I'm not native English speaker so I couldn't find a translation that I can relate to. But your post helped me with that.
    I think it's a skill of being confident and having good self esteem and in the same time appreciating others and not belittling them. Studying social psychology currently in my vacation and understanding myself and my past problems of self esteem and depression etc. Your topic was a crown to what I'm building to better myself and my life.
    All I want is just to say thank you sincerely. <3

1 likes
    • Thank You Very Muchβ™₯️β™₯️β™₯️ I Am So Glad This Was Useful For You. This was AMAZING feedback 🌺

• YHL6965

I tend to jump between assertive, passive and passive-aggressive depending on my mood. However, I try my best to be assertive as often as I can, especially in the workplace. It's just that every now and then I can't help my sarcasm.

1 likes
    • Awesome β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

• Mollynotgemma

Is it possible to be assertive passive! As I assert myself when needed yet don’t want to hurt people but by only being assertive occasionally I do it after being passive for so long that I blow and say it all at once! Which hurts the people passive with as they’re shocked by my sudden forthright behaviour!
    Everyone thinks I’m mega confident yet I’m the most scared person inside but manage a team of 7 and have got there through pretending to be someone I’m not! Or am I that person and can’t accept it! It’s such a hard question!

1 likes
    • Lol thanks for reading and leaving feedback β™₯️πŸ₯°

• Swat_

Any tips on how to improve assertiveness? I am as passive as it gets and I have no clue what I have a saying over and what not.

1 likes
    • Use the mytake featured in the intro β™₯️πŸ₯°πŸ‘†

• Swat_

Oh, read over it, thanks

• β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

• ASH_242K

Thank you for sharing such wonderful myTakes on self development ! πŸ’œ

1 likes
    • Thank you so much for the support and extremely helpful feedback β™₯️πŸ₯°

• DDpsy

It's not my fault for being passive aggressive. It's everybody else's fault for not being perfect , able to read my mind and do exactly what I want. Darn it all!!!

1 likes
  • Youngan

Assertive is the best way to get things done. I'm assertive by the way.

1 likes
  • leahzrc

I'm passive, it has led me to terrible situations

1 likes
  • katjana21

Good read :)

1 likes
    • Thank you β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

• lollyacctwo

This is me in a nutshell πŸ˜‚ sassyness x10. Lol.

1 likes
    • Thanks so much for the feedback lol πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• Not a problem πŸ˜‚ maybe now thanks to your advice I won't be custard dunked, and might learn to calm down a little πŸ˜†

• Would you be able to message me about karma?

• Amnooreen

Your mytakes are very good ! Keep going! :)

1 likes
  • jessicarosen

Excellent take! Love your work.

1 likes
    • OMG!!! Thank You So Much!!! Thanks for reading and leaving AMAZING feedback β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

• You are very inspirational. Please continue to contribute to this community.

• β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

• Definitely something I need to work on

1 likes
    • Same here. It's not always easy to remain assertive 🌺

• Smegskull

coloUrful

1 likes
  • ANNALISA99

To be more confident in what you do.

1 likes