Do you think you're good at consoling people?

57117

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, no. I dont think I have good words, i'm not the type to hug or pat you on the shoulder, I dont know why. But I am a good listener.

What Guys Said 117

• media2.giphy.com/media/VuWtVHkMjrz2w/giphy.gif
    Oh ya, I'm amazing. I got a consolation broom in my closet just in case I need to sweep someone's emotions off the floor!

• From a logical perspective yes, I have an ability to make people feel they have a good reason to feel as they do, or to provide perspective in a bigger picture which allows them to not be so hard on themselves, and self-critical. However, I am not the best person to go to, to seek pure sympathetic energy and reassurance of ones feelings, as being understandable.

• I like to think so. I like being there, and showing that i care. While i may not understand what they're going through, i do understand that they need a little pat on the back. Most importantly, a hug. And I'll hug them all day long if they need it. Unless, I'm eating, DO NOT DISTURB.

• I think i am good at it, but there was this one time i failed terribly.
    I was new to texting then , and I came across a 13 year old girl , whose best friend was involved in an accident tdt afternoon and when she wnet to the hospital to see her she wasn't allowed and asked not to vist for the next few days too...

I tried my best but then i ended up making her say that I wasn't helping!

But I did certainly improve then.
    I Recently convinced a girl to Not to kill her uncle who had sexually harassed her in the past as a child.. I am glad that I did help her out!
    I have helped online in a lot of other minor cases!

• I'm decent for a guy... I have a bootcamp mentality that I apply to myself, and I often have a hard time feeling bad for people when their problem is silly or when their solution is right in front of them.
    I give good hugs though.

• Not really cause most of the time they act like a victim, rather than taking responsibility for their situation. That irritates me cause I know they could have taken action for the better so I have no sympathy for them.

• Sometimes, it depends on the day. If i'm tired i cannot seem to have any idea what i should talk about, good days are a different story, if the person is drunk its quite hard to consolate them otherwise im quite good at it

• Depends on the person and the issue. Im great at making people feel better, but when they just want to be told its ok and there's an issue they should sort out i dont usually sugar coat it

• No...

I suck at it. When people cry, I feel like getting up and leaving.

• It depends on what the situation is, what they need comforted from, and if I realize they need comforting.

• Fuck that ! My attitude is be happy or go home. Drama is fun till it gets out of hand.
    It is why we as people form groups. Living and understanding of forgiveness with the possibility of regret. The is no one love except Christ , Amen.

• I'm not sure. I managed to stop my best friend from committing suicide.. but after how many friends I've failed to stop from doing it seems to say no..

• Sounds like a waste of time, I would ask them if they want to go to the pub, if yes we drink on it if no they can just sleep it off. I'm going to the pub.

• Nah I use a broom to console people from 5 feet away

• I'm extremely good at it :) sometimes people just need someone to listen and tell them its gonna be ok.

• In my opinion no. But apparently people tell me i can make them have a good time forgetting things just by hanging out with him/her. (Maybe because little things that would bother a lot of people won't bother me) ((idk just guessing atm lol))

• I can console guys, because they have genuine problems and only complain about them if they can be sorted out. Girls problems are often stupid so I can’t really help

• No. I'm terrible at it.
    My coping mechanism is problem oriented, so I usually can't emphasize.

• Really good at it actually. I'm able to calm them down and then provide advice to fix their situation.

• Well I've talked people out of killing them selfs i think the number of people i saved is 16 but that number does include me getting people out of the way of speeding cars

• More from Guys
    97

What Girls Said 56

• I think so only because I feel like people naturally open up to me and I just listen. When they want something, or looking for advice I give it with both perspective, not just their's only. With so much going on and listening to so many people, you learn the right things to say and do.

• i work as a qualified psychic, relationship expert and advice columnist so yes I am good at consoling people. Some of my clients come to me for that. Others come to me for insight, psychic predictions, answers so that they are happy and do not need consoling. http://www.webclairvoyant.com

• I don't know about that, but i am good at giving advice most of the time. I don't like seeing people or hearing people cry, the type of cry that you know that they are hurting just breaks my heart, and I'll try to help the best I can but I can't say that I am good at it because... I'd end up crying with them. I just know how it feels and sometimes I wish that i could just take away their pain and deal with it for them because it breaks my heart :'(

• Absolutely not, I have been told I can be cold and unemotional. Not super good with advice either. Not a great listener... I usually fall to sleep when people are describing their feelings to me. I'm not intentionally trying to be rude to people, I am just not the best person to come to.

• Nah, honestly I’m terrible at it unless I’m super close with that person. I’m very good at taking someone’s mind off their issues, but consoling them when they’re crying is something that I struggle with a lot.

• I'm too good at times, it gets exhausting because they could lean on you totally and then I can't find the nicest ways to tell them back off... either that or they'd find I overwhelm them with attention and advice... never the winner:'(

• Very much so. I am a excellent listener. I am very empathetic and have a calm personality.

• Not at all. Most of the time I find myself not knowing what to say so I just say whatever comes to mind that doesn't sound insensitive.

• I can be yeah, but If I got the feeling that you did this to yourself, like you could have walked away, then I freaking suck at it

• I'm awful at comforting words, but I'm good for a listening ear or a hug.

• I sure hope i am. Many people come to for advice and i try to give them the truth and also a solution.

• I'm horrible at it, because I had no role models who showed me how to console people.

• Not sure about consoling but I try to give good advice. I'm an excellent ear for anyone needing to vent.

• I'm ok I guess, I try to make them laugh, ask question about their passion or general stuff to make them talk and give them some food.

• Yep most of the time people open up to me and usually quite comfortable with me

• Yeah, if the person is a friend or someone I care about.

• Sometimes but usually I'm too awkward to do more than sit there

• Yes I think I am because i have seen good results of it so far

• I try listen what people say, then try to make things up for them. And give them honest opinions.

• I'm very good at giving advice on some subjects, but on some other i'm a total disaster.

• More from Girls
    36