Beauty is Only Based on 3 Factors in My Hypothesis

Bellus (Latin) for Beauty, which translates to "fine". Beauty is simply based on three factors, in equal quantities:

Familiarity

Parents, siblings, friends, co-workers, celebrities, famous people.

All these people mask and influence our perception of beauty. Maybe it's the comfort they give to us we remember, or maybe we associate certain looks with certain traits - as we use probabilities to help us decide what decisions to make. Next time you find someone attractive, ask yourself "what did they remind you of for you to perceive them as beautiful or handsome?"

Societal Ideals

Now this actually goes in hand with familiarity. As those who follow the trends become majority, therefore we are more familiar to them.

Yes we currently are in a tribe. The Western Tribe. Every tribe has its ideals and trends. Things we find handsome or beautiful in our tribe may be very ugly to another tribe.

Some images below of the beauty ideals that are currently happening around the world, which we do not practice.

This also gives us goals to achieve in our free time. It gives us a feeling that we belong to a group. It also increase sales, which profits the economy. Sadly, the media uses our negative emotions as they impact us more, to be consumerists. There is nothing wrong in consumerism but the way it's done is immoral. Anorexia, bulimia, obesity, depression, reduced self esteem are some of the by-products of this.

Hence my post is to increase awareness that beauty can be found in everyone, we just need to open our minds and truly see. Yes of course some people are sick, we shouldn't promote unhealthy habits. But isn't fitting a certain ideal unhealthy too?

We can see our ideals always change with time.

Biology

Biological beauty for women is knowing she is fertile and healthy, for a fertile and healthy man. These are signified with: a healthy amount of body fat, large hips, big buttocks, big breasts, long shiny vibrant hair, sparkling eyes, clear skin, pubic hair, pleasant natural smell, symmetrical face, fat cheeks in face, round features, round/oval face, good height, less fat on the stomach, symmetrical body, plump lips, strong nails, strong teeth, thick thighs, fat upper arms.

Biological beauty for men is how well he can produce, protect his offspring and look after his woman. This is signified by height, muscles, beard, moustache, symmetrical body, symmetrical face, angular face, thicker eyebrows, thicker eyelashes (men have more body hair), thick hair, pubic hair, pleasant natural smell, less body fat, muscular legs, big hands, big heads, angular body, strong teeth, sparkling eyes, clear skin.

This is actually the least important.

We live in a society where rules and regulations are very important. Therefore, the risk of going to jail, not being accepted in society is very important. Therefore, logically it makes sense to accept a mate based on societal ideals and familiarity, rather than biology.

A majority of humans would fit biological beauty standards. Why? .... because we are alive right now and that is beauty in itself.

I'd like to finish off with a question. If you are alone in the wilderness and have no human company, wouldn't any companion that comes your way become beautiful within time?

Lets not let a few years of our lives rule the entirety of our life due to #beauty.

515

Most Helpful Guy

• I live my life based off of treating people based off their personality. Unfortunately, women treat men based off looks (dont deny this one girls, its so true) at first which is why i never give any sort of approval to women espeically if she's attracted to me. I hate how people judge you off the way you look so i purposely present myself in a sloppy way as a sort of filter. It filters out shallow people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do agree that around the world people have different ideas of beauty, but I think when a person is visually pleasing most usually can agree. People here claim to hate dark skin, but every time we see a very dark person who is beautiful we stop and stare and can all agree. I am talking about from my culture. They don't like lightskinned people like myself either, but most of them don't want to be too dark; I have seen darkskinned people that even those *not myself, because I am not closed minded* cannot deny is beautiful. Some people have that striking look of attractiveness.

• Yes because those people are biologically very beautiful and we have to acknowledge it sometimes.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 14

• Don't fetishes imply that more is going on? They are presumably not familiar, do not conform to societal standards, and do not conform to what makes the most biological sense from an evolutionary standpoint.

• My understanding of fetishes is the brain normalises something that is traumatic for the person to deal with e. g. gore fetish, masochism fetish.

And to a point our fetishes do stem out of familiarity. My partner has a fetish for women with a brown skin tone, his first sexual encounter was with a mixed race girl.

• some of these are so nice.. pretty cool

• Interesting. A lot of these really had conditioned us to shape what we find beauty.

• Thank you and yes I agree. It's a lot to do with conditioning and therefore we need to realise is it biology or society or familiarity that we are attracted to. :-)

• Just be healthy and welcoming.

• I agree

• It's a wonderful work on post this. I really appreciate it!

• Nice one.

• Enjoy the small things

• So personality isn't important?

• I think biology is the most important.

• DUUUUUUDE!! look. at. dat. chick. in. da. pic. wuuuuuuut. I'd wanna warmly crumble HER apple Ya KNOW WUT AH MEANNNNNNN boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

GaG please ban me, I'm a danger to myself and others.

• Beauty is based on boobs and booty. That's it.

• Whatever Hollywood/media says is beautiful is beautiful. Since this is WHITE. WHITE is the ideal beauty.

• I disagree with your ordering. I think biology is the most important. It will drive social ideals as well.

• Interesting statement, do you have any data to back this statement up?

And the ordering is not in priority. In my hypothesis I have stated they all are equally important. However, familiarity and societal pressures go hand in hand, therefore they make biological beauty only 33 percent.

• LMFAO! Pretty sure that's just you. 99.9% of guys would LOVE to have the chance to find out just how fertile she is. Repeatedly!

• Damn you guys are silly.

Because women who are infertile and having problems are seen as sexy.

And fertile ones are actually seen as ugly.

You just proved my point that you have been conditioned and other men too.

This is not only for women but for men too.

Women find men who are on steroids and fake more attractive too.

What Girls Said 4