Men Wearing Panties: Fashion Disaster or Just Dudes Seeking Comfort?

So I had the opportunity to be involved in a university discussion on this fashion topic. Whether men wearing panties(made for either gender) is a sign of pervercity or just a broader than normal fashion sense. So my take is that it depends on the reason why the guy is wearing panties. I personally have a hard time with boxers because they twist around my leg and restrict my hip movement. After years of ignoring this I now have hip problems. I feel if someone in my situation wore mens or womens panties that, however weird and unflattering it may be, that it would be totally fine; same thing if they are worn for exercise or strictly for comfort.

Comfort is important when it comes to clothing, we all know this even if often we ignore our comfort.

In this discussion our class heard several different perspectives from many different people. One point of view stated that mens boxers are "Uncomfortable, allowing the genitals prolonged contact to the inner thigh, causing chaffing, 'swamp crotch' , and awkward movement." This student argued that these problems including "swamp crotch" (odorous bacterial growth due to excessive perspiration) would be fixed by wearing panties as the garment would, depending on fabric, allow the wearing greater ventilation to the area, a different form of support for the genitals, and a well formed design provided more comfort. The student also gave some cons to his argument, mainly a public stigma of the practice, dreaded pantylines for some fabrics and designs, and the effect on sperm production.

This student did not admit to participation in this exact subject but promoted an appeal to reason in favor of those who do for practical purposes.

An opposing student based their argument not on any religious view(which was discussed and cited in religious text at length as well, concluding that the main point of argument as theologically moot by later religious text) but on a view based on possible sexually deviant reasons for the choice of vestment. The opposing student stated "I agree with (name excluded) on the basis of 'comfort, and preference' but however if the panties are worn for a sexual purpose I object to this. If its a couples sexual practice, who cares what goes on in the bedroom 'dont ask, dont tell' all the more to yall! If the wearing of the garment type in question involves a lone man who just is sexually aroused by wearing underwear like that, then its weird, If he stays home like that who cares! Although if this man goes in public in a state of sexual arousal then the line has been crossed, he should stay at home for that, and the purpose for wearing panties has been changed from a practical to a perverse reason."

Of course any man willing to wear panties whether in private or public is making a fashion statement, these two students made great arguments and stated others such as cultural tradition, popular preference, and change of fashion trends.. Overall the subject is left up to the individual whether the stigma of such a practice should remain. I as an individual think we should remove the stigma and be more accepting and less judgmental of those making a rather odd fashion choice as this.

1627

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• tl;dr

I doubt panties will feel comfortable during an unexpected erection. That's why I vastly prefer loose boxers to anything else.

• Very true unless the fabric has an immense amount of stretch

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 15

• Boxers and Briefs.

Just look more flattering.

Like a girl in lace panties or thong vs boxers

• True they do look more flattering!

• Testicles should be away from the body to keep a lower temperature, and panties will not let that. Without forgetting how can panites be more comfortable? as 1- they crush your balls to your body and 2- they won't let a lose space for a possible boner.

For comfartbe underwear I beleive that men have more options like briefs, or whatnot (i don't know much about this) and usually men wearing panties is never for comfartability but for sexual purposes.

• I don't think you know how testicles and penises behave.
      1) They almost always find a way to separate from the body.
      2) They will get damp and disgusting either way, that's why you wash them.
      3) If the rubber in the underwear isn't too wrong, it will not crush anything.

The real problem were is that while women's panties have a relatively thin material over the perineal zone. Men need a wider piece of materia, as it has to hold up the testicles and the penis on the front. And that wider material bites into the soft flesh on the insides on your thighs, and is the most irritating and uncomfortable thing ever.
      I say this as a gun who wore somewhat similar underwear as a kid (I don't know why, that's what I got used to), and by the time I was around 15, it irritated the hell out of me. I tried on some boxers... OH MY GOD! HEAVEN! NO BRUISING!
      So yeah. The testicles have nothing to do with this. Try rubbing a piece of fabric against your thigh all day, and you'll know what I am talking

• That is why literally every male underwear has a little bag for the testicles.

• you do now what you are talking about you are saying the right things l wear nice hipsters and boxer shorts and girls love them as well edwin

• Im confused, whats the difference between male... panties (i hate that word) and budgie smugglers or tighty whiteys?

• Tightly whities are fairly high waisted, but rather women's underwear designs fashioned for a mans shape.

• speedos are the budgie smugglers l hate the word panties as well tighty whiteys an American word l am from scotland l love to wear nice hipsters and boxer shorts and girls do love them as well

• I love men in flattering underwear. Boxers are gross and their skin sticks and sweat collects. I prefer men in sheath briefs so the skin is covered and nothing sticks allowing it to move around freely under his pants. Then when he gets an erection it isn't constricted and can slide up comfortably. Here is a google link to a search for images. Sorry, I can't upload a pic. www.google.com/search

• I would laugh if I see my boyfriend wearing that lol

• l had them when l was a kid not as an adult man l love to wear guys hipsters and nice boxer shorts girls love them as well edwin

• Do whatever you want, but they aren’t designed for the stuff you have down there.

• I don't want my man wearing panties..

• Very unattractive in my opinion.

• Fine by me. Kind of cute!

• Weird

• I think it's kinda cute

• i dont care

• is weird to me

• Must be comfortable for them

• Thats really weird

What Guys Said 26

• There is nothing wrong with a man wearing panties. It is a comfort issue - and maybe, depending on how your s/o feels, a sexy fashion statement.

My preference is either boxers or tighty whities, as a general rule. The latter I grew up with and, interestingly, my girlfriend thinks that they look sexiest on a guy. She says boxers are boring and she loathes - absolutely loathes - boxerbriefs. (I therefore only wear them when it is very cold out.)

In any case, I also have a variety of other underwear, mostly bought by my girlfriend, who I like to say has given me the world's largest underwear collection. I have thongs, panties, superhero briefs (no kidding), bikini briefs, g-strings, the works.

Frankly, it is all about either comfort or what might turn my girlfriend on when she is in the mood. That's it. It begins and ends there. For all that, I actually do find panties comfortable from time to time.

The reaction to a personal underwear choice that generally no one sees strikes me as odd, to say no more. If this is the biggest problem people have in their lives to complain about other people's underwear, they must not have very many problems.

• Seriously, I can't believe women and girls on this site would be okay with a guy wearing "male" panties, putting on makeup, wearing a dress... like WTF is society thinking, this is why I am STRONGLY against this transgender, homosexuality b. s. God made us a certain way and if you go against God and his creation then when judgment day comes you can answer to the all-mighty for those warped "theories, opinions and actions".

But that's the thing, God has given us life, food, shelter, yes, some have it worse than others, some have it better. Everyone goes through life's difficulties, but to say "ahhh" doing that is okay, no it's not. If I saw two male monkey's fucking, I'm not going to think, "hmm, that's normal"

This world is seriously fucked up.

• Were talking about a guy wearing a speedo for underwear vs going full on cross dressing here man. Only one verse in the Bible says a man can't wear a women's garment. And the law pertaining to that verse was abolished by Christ.

• lol your seriously going to try to talk to me about religion? Then you need to read more religious books.

• I'm muting this post so say what you want i dont care lol.

• I dislike them. I prefer to be able to function one way more than another. If I have to choose. I also like the way normal boxers look and feel as opposed to panties. I will let the girls keep their underwear. Thank you.
    I am okay with other guys wearing them I suppose. I just don't like if they are wearing them obviously. I prefer not to be able to tell. Being aware of that just makes me uncomfortable, personally.

• It's not good for you. There's a reason your balls hang away from the body - they have to stay cooler than body temperature to work properly - they don't need support. When you wear tight underwear they get pushed up towards your body and they get warmer, and if they don't work properly you'll have lower testosterone levels and a lower sperm count. A guy who wants to dress like a woman probably already has low test.

• The only problem with being a male is that those things are a hazard when it comes to sports.
      You're doing your own business, running around, just training and then WAM! now those damn things temporarily disabled you in the middle of your training because they have to flop around.

I'd say, the junk in the trunk are just as annoying as boobs are when it comes to sports. Perhaps even more annoying. Sure, big boobs that hop everywhere might give you slight back pain (and positive staring from other people), but balls straight up disable you during sport. Plus, if anyone sees a restrained eagle in your pants then you're shunned for it and laughed at.
      Boobs for sport = win/lose.
      Balls = lose/lose.

• Wear whatever you want. It's not effeminate to wear underwear that was popular just a few decades ago. The only thing that has changed is the marketing.

• Nothing weird about this in my opinion, also this is not a new thing at all.
    It's preference, and who cares what underpants someone wears really.

• They are great I buy silk ones they are so comfy and hold everything in place. Colours I usually wear black but I have pink white yellow blue ones , and the g/f got me some with frills on for special fun times...

• FAGGOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    LOL

gifimage.net/.../homer-disappearing-gif-11.gif

• i only ever wear panties they are the most comfortable underwear in my opinion... they feel great look sexy lots of styles and fabrics.. some trial and error of course cuz obviously men and women are not the same.. but you would be suprised how many women that work in the stores are very helpful when you get enough courage to ask for help... who knows what they after i dont really care.. the way i see it im going into to purchase somthing my money is as good as anyones... i still dont try on in stores... so thats where the trial and error comes in

• Those may be nylon or satin briefs the pictured guy is wearing, but they are still briefs in shape and function.

• I didn't pick that picture, I picked the second one (thank you walmart product pictures)

• But even those are still shaped like men's briefs. Just "feminine" materials involved.

• True!

• I don't care what people do as long as they're happy. If those dudes wanna wear panties then they should.

• Being bi I like guys to look like guys and girls to look like girls.

• wait, why not just wear breifs? those have existed for men for a long time

• They're just comfortable, considering they're large enough for, you know..

• My girlfriend finds it hot when I am wearing panties

• "Manties" = Spectacular victory for lovers of fashion disaster and shameless gay culture.

• That wouldn't be comfortable at all for me. I prefer something less tight.

• "Men" wearing panties? LOL smdh

• Speedos? Umm, no. Just.. no.

• Comfort is the most important thing)))

• More from Guys
    6