Girls, what is the point of fake eyelashes and nails?

I don't know why, but for some reason I find fake eyelashes, and nails.

I get so frustrated.

I mean girls are so hateful towards guys who lie about themselves to look better.

But they use things like fake eyelashes and fake nails.

And In all honesty, girls look SO MUCH WAY better when not having any of those on, and i just don't see any point in wearing them.

And don't say "Because we like it"

Or "We don't do it for men, we do it because we think it looks good"

Because we both know that that is a lie.

But really, what is the reason you wear / use it? because of insecurity?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it's just because they don't want to grow their own nails, and the fake nail look great with only a little effort. And then fake eyelashes can make some girls feel better about themselves (say if they have blonde eyelashes, or their eyelashes are really short). A lot of the time girls do it because it boosts their confidence as well. Personally I don't use either, but some of my friends do, and this is just what I've noticed with them.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is actually one of the best answers so far.
      The sentence "A lot of the time girls do it because it boosts their confidence as well" makes me actually understand it a little

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• they make eyes look bigger

0|0
    0|0

• I personally wear fake lashes because I like they way they look, and I think they make me look better. But just because I say that, doesn't mean that I feel insecure when I don't wear them. I know that I look better when I wear makeup, everyone looks better. The point of makeup is to enhance a person's appearance, so it makes sense. But I feel just as comfortable when I wear no makeup. So, somedays I wear a full face of makeup, sometimes I wear none, and sometimes I'm somewhere in the middle. It all depends on how I'm feeling and how I want to express myself. It's also worth mentioning that I wear makeup for myself. I really don't care what a guy thinks of my appearance, or what a girl thinks for that matter. I just have to like the way I look. So if someone came up to me and told me that they didn't like my false lashes I'd either just shrug, or tell them to fuck off. But if there is a guy I like, I do take the time to make sure that, in my mind, I look good. That's what everyone does when they want someone to pay attention to them like that. I mean, look at peacocks.

So there's my overly descriptive reason why I sometimes wear false lashes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really think it stems from peer pressure, media and a quick fix.

Famous celebrities start trends and if you want to be accepted in the higher group, or labelled as beautiful and social accepted then you'd do whatever it takes.

If the media starts a trend for women to go bald, I'd say majority would. People will downvote me, but media and peer pressure is very strong... 100 adverts a day with subliminal messages that you are not good and you need a product to fix you.

The media does this because its a business. Now not many women have gorilla lashes, its unnatural. Therefore, if that's a trend.. 99.9 percent women and men are targeted. That's almost 7 billion people. And that means almost 100 percent profit. This is called consumerism.. and our society lives on this and gives us jobs.

Now why women fall for this is because they don't have time to grow out real nails and probably lost eye lashes due to the chemicals they wear or stress. Its a quick fix.

We as a whole love quick fixes. :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • i have no clue tbh lmao. i don't wear fake eyelashes or fake nails, but i feel as if maybe its just because of personal preference. some girls just wear them because they feel good about themselves. its almost 100% not for guys though haha. we just do things like this to feel pretty for ourselves

1|0
    1|0
  • I have fake lashes because the open my eyes and frame my face well. I don't wear make up so it's the one thing I'm happy to pay for because I don't have the inclination to wear any kind of make up regularly.
    Mine don't look particularly fake, it's rare that people pick up on it.
    Im guessing some women choose acrylic nails for the same reason, it takes a lot of time and effort to have natural nails looking nice everyday. Fake ones will last for two or three weeks with no maintenance

0|0
    0|0
  • I only wear fake nails because I like having long nails but I always break mine when I get really shy. but for some people it would be social media, or comments from other people that makes them feel like they need to try and make them feel better

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't use fake eye lashes or nails because I don't have the patience or money. But I have tried them and I liked how I looked. It's a constant battle though, between having too much make up and not enough. Not sure which is better

1|0
    0|0
  • It enhances their look and it's what they like, I don't wear them I had fake lashes one time for a hair show I did and it felt weird lol like someone was constantly standing over me casting a shadow or weighing my eyelids down, and I have a pretty good amount of nails so the only thing I buy is polish it saves money in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear fake lashes and nails to impress guys or because I'm insecure. But you must be to ask that question, do you not know how to put them on? I wear them because I like to accentuate how much of a bad b-i-t-c-h I am. I was born gorgeous hun, I just like highlight even more my beautiful features and make females like you feel inferior enough to ask questions like this. lol. With or without the lashes or nails, I'm still fierce as fire.

0|0
    1|0
    • A dude asked this question... Just thought I'd point this out...

• i dont use fake eye lashes i would like to thank my parents cause i got a good eyelashes. and i fake nails they are cute but never tried it and i think i can't work properly if i got cause i do a lot of flower arrangement and stuff.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think those things take too much time to put on. I would pass on those. Although I think they look really nice on the kardashians. But I also think the Kardashians look over done, and they look plastic. I think there is beauty in being natural. Some guys prefer the natural to the very made up artificial look that the kardashians put on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use fake eyelashes or fake nails simply because I don't like the hassle. But you can tell yourself all you want about how women must put make up on for guys but why on god's green earth would we spend $50 on a foundation if guys can't tell the difference between that one and a $20 one? Huh? Why would we bother with all of it if we know at the end of the day most guys will say they like us better without it? I'll tell you why, because make up is a fucking art that I love doing. My boyfriend hates make up and guess who doesn't give a fuck... me because I think it makes me look great. Jump off your high horse.

1|0
    0|0
  • girls on TV are beautiful. Why shouldn't we be beautiful too? fake accesories are less expensive than a surgery or something like that, aren't they?

0|0
    0|0
  • They're cute, why else? I'd get fake nails if they didn't make certain... activities... difficult.

2|0
    0|0
  • I like wearing my nails long. . that's why really. .. fake lashes not into so much

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes