Why don't people like thin lips?

A lot of models have thin lips and they are considered very attractive but even time I've asked someone they always seems to hate thin lips. I personally have thin lips and it's been an insecurity of mine since my early teens, I'm not incredibly insecure but I do overline them with lipstick/lip liner a lot and make them look bigger using makeup which seems to work well. I'm just curious as to why. I can understand almost non existent lips because they tend to look unprofessional but I'm talking lips like Cara Delevingne or Emma Watson etc

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, most guys prefer thicker lips.
    A) it just looks better, is more feminine, illuminates a more nurturing and soft look to a woman
    B) It feels better when lips do stuff. kissing, etc.

BUT men don't really care. only the most horrible and shallow jerk would turn a girl down because of that. I'm talking one guy in 8 million.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't look welcoming. Big lips are like soft little pillows. Thin lips make me think kisses will be hard

3|0
    0|0
    • I guess yours are big

• Show All
    • Plus thick ones 90% of the time make the eyes look small. And eyes > lips anyday

• Again I beg to disagree. I have large eyes as well and have been told they are one of my best features.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Actually people in colder countries have to have thin lips to protect against cold. People in warmer countries actually have bigger lips. So nature has done what is good for us. People who don't understand this are fools. So everyone cannot have big lips even if they like them. I like both type of lips.

0|1
    0|0
    • Is this true? Some interesting stuff here

• Show All
    • Thanks for the MHO.

• Sorry , I addressed you wrongly @Alexander101 .

• There is a theory that says top lip should be slightly thinner than bottom lip. Should also have a nice "Cupids Bow" shape.

Emma Watson has lovely lips, very similar to the above description.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it.
    idu why people obsess about big butts and big lips. and rave how it's so great
    I don't care about that stuff.
    I even told a girl, "I like your thin beckoning lips" and she was put off bc she was insecure about them... Smh

0|0
    1|0
  • lips are lips so it doesn't matter much.
    thick lips are considered good while kidding. I don't know why. maybe because of flesh that comes in the kiss bite.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think your lips look really good on you
    big lips or thin lips, as long as they fit with their owner I'm okay with either
    as long as it looks good I'm okay with either

0|0
    1|0
  • no problem with thin lips, in fact I think they sometimes look nicer than thick lips, dependant on the person

0|0
    1|0
  • I personally prefer thin lips. Big lips can actually be a bad thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I like thin lips.

0|0
    1|1
  • I love your lips :) very beautiful

0|0
    1|0
  • Because they're thin

1|0
    0|0
  • I like so much , so thicks are gross

0|0
    1|0
  • Thin lips are better.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 4

• Its just how the world is..

People have their preferences. However, never be ashamed or hate yourself because the world tells you that. Be confident and happy in your own skin and play up your good features.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol i have fuller lips and i think thin lips look fine and even good but when people try to put dark colors on really thin lips thats when i cringe

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, I do. I consider them more attractive than big lips, no idea why.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they look good

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes