Can a white girl get a perm? Will it damage hair?

I'm a white 16 year old and I have strawberry blonde straight hair. I've wanted to get a perm for the longest time to add volume and curls to my hair. I'm scared that people from my school of the black community will see me as stealing culture. I'm unsure if I should be concerned, I know many people with natural curls and they are white but people know me of just having straight hair. Another thing I want to add is that many white people are put under heat if they perm their hair to look 'Black' (which isn't always the case) so why can black people straighten their hair or use a weave for straight hair and not get put under fire?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. Salons do perms all the time, or at least used to. But if you just want a few large curls instead of "the frizzies", you will probably need a real pro to do it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course white girls can get perms but just be aware that sometimes your hair won't hold the perms I had my hair permed when I was 16 paid around $80 within a week the perm fell out and my hair went back to being straight it was only when I went back to the hairdresser did they tell me this

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE