Why dont nerdy guys embrace they "swag"?

Why dont nerdy guys embrace they "swag"?

Looks do matter, not sure what hippie stated otherwise. Look at the nerdy guy in this picture, maybe a 3/10 before, became an 8/10 with a haircut and some new clothes. And he still has his adorable nerdly personality.
Why do people complain about being ugly instead of just making some minor lifestyle changes? If you feel ugly due to weight, lose it. If you feel ugly for being skinny, bulk up. Don't feel noticed? Put a nice outfit together with a colored jacket and throw a little side smirk. If you're short, get some Timberland boots or just be short and look sexy lol
Have the hardest time seeing these nerdy guys all depressed about dating when they are quite handsome. Just lazy. I get swag ain't your priotity over your current anime/ game addiction, but even the anime, video game, even the characters you create, have swag. Im just sayin, you can def be as hot as your Level 45 Dark Elf Mage if you just focused on your looks as much as his.

Why my anime club friend always trips about not having a date - but not realizing how many panties he dropped after coming 1 (emphasis on only 1,) day out of the year dressed to the nine. He looked FINE. All he got was a hair cut and wore a fitted shirt and jeans, aside from his usual hoodie and greasy hair everywhere.

there's a weird stigma that nerdy guys ruin their image or something by looking sexy. Just embrace your sexiness. you're not shallow or superficial - just smart.

A good looking guy with that amazing nerdy personality will give any bad boy a run for his money lol

Why not embrace yo' swag? Do nerdy guys not know how? Do you feel its too shallow to focus on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I AM a nerdy guy (finishing doctoral degree in applied math in a biomed engineering hospital) and honestly I was "that guy" on the left for a long time.

Honestly I couldn't agree more. For a while I was 150 lb at 6'3", super dorky, clean shaven (so I looked really young) and honestly, I never really cared about finding women or anything. One day I kind of changed: grew out a beard, worked out -> put on at least 25 lb of muscle, have inner arm tattoo, started wearing more fitting clothes (such as lululemon pants for men) and as of right now I honestly don't have a hard time finding any women at all (that could also be an age factor). The change wasn't more so for the women but more so for feeling more confident in myself but ironically it sucked in women.

1|0
    0|0
    • I will say though that I sort of feel this applies a lot more to women though. I have noticed A LOT (if not more) women complaining about being single and yet they refuse to make any sort of changes - be it losing weight, hanging out in new places, etc.

• Yes! See not like to impress the other gender, but to feel more confident. Caring for your appearance does show lot about what you think of yourself and project out to the world.

• Yes! The girls complain too and Im like, just comb your hair and wear a shirt that shows a little cleave lol they avoid the gym like the plague, yeah its hardwork to keep in shape but not only do you look better, but you feel much better. Nerd life is very sedintary lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you 1,00000% lol I don't get it either, at the same time it's probably that they just aren't used to being recognized for their looks, it's always been about their brain so they never focused on their looks and as a result they never learned how to dress or how to put themselves together, sometimes they just need that one makeover or that one thing that makes them realize that they CAN have a little more confidence.

& sometimes they just have other things going on and they don't have the time or feel too lazy to care about their looks, I know how it is to just not care sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
    • This was a beautiful answer!!

• Show All
    • @Nahid1234
      I don't know I just want to know what your thoughts are because you left smilies

• It was to get noticed.πŸ˜‚

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Level 45 mage lol. Pfft. What are you some noob who doesn't already have full set of heirlooms and power level to at least 90 in one or two days? *Scoffs* anyways yeah it's hard to embrace our "good looks" bc we don't perceive we have any. Plus it doesn't help if you're short, like me.

1|0
    0|0
    • LOOL this answer is why I date you guys, wittiness is so sexy - hey I know how you feel, Im 6'0 in converse :( the guy I like is 5'7, I hope he likes a lot of leg on a girl ha ha
      You gotta figure out your sexy, like what flatters you the best and just go for it

• For me I just don't have the drive to do it. I'm super skinny so I could dress well but when you've been told your repulsive in multiple ways for years, and still get mistreated in public you lose all drive to even invest in fashion

1|0
    0|0
    • 😒 what jerks people can be, I was teased a lot in school and just started experimenting with style and not caring what the idiots thought. Not the hottest girl by any means, but it does give a boost of confidence. zomg - skinny guys look so good in fitted blazers with light baggy jeans and dark combat style boots or high top kicks

• It's a mix of different things in my case I don't have a lot of clothes to match together and not really sure how to make myself look good very well so I don't focus on it too much

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg... thats adorable. Would you let your girl style you? Only what you like, not trying to change yoou

• Show All
    • okiiies

• Just add me πŸ˜πŸ‘

• Why don’t you find a nerdy guy and give him a makeover?

1|0
    0|0
    • Id love to but only if he is okay with it lol

• Call me crazy but I don't want to look like the guys who used to smash my head in doorways.

1|1
    0|0
    • Fair enough, sorry they were jerks, but style doesn't suddenly conform you into some certain group. I dress very swag, so much so that my now anime friends told me, "we thought you walked into the wrong club lol"

• Im very much nerdy, but Im also swag, and though my appearance may make people assume, but it doesn't change the fact that Id rather blow my check on a nice cosplay outfit than my car note ha ha - necessary sacrifices

• I blow my check on computer equipment.

• They don't care about looks as it's all about the mind for them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah... but you can be good looking and smart, like what great guys they are, but beat themselves up romantically

• Of course you can be both, they just choose not to. Or more specifically don't think about it.

• Tru, its def a priority thing.

• They're not the same guy. LIkewise, my "swag", as you so quaintly call it is MINE! My style is MY STYLE, not someone ELSE'S style that some shallow little chicky thinks ought to be my style. Drives my wife nuts. She can't force me into her little, narrow pigeonhole of how a man "should" look. My look was good enough for her to fall in love with an marry me. It's only after her bitch "friends" teased her about how I was a "country nerd" that she said I needed to change.

That didn't fly. That's one of the sickest, twisted, and most evil things about so many women. They get a man and nag him into changing every bit about himself. Then they whine and bitch about how he "isn't the man she married, anymore".

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you can't be neardy and swag. at the same time

0|0
    0|0
    • Lies! My anime friend looked so swag, some of our classmates thought he was a new student lol
      I think there's a fear that like you'll lose your nerdiness or something, but its like triple sexy when you look hot and get all excited about the new season of Naruto - just sayin lol

• Some girls like nerdy guys. Some don't.

1|1
    0|0
  • Lol.

1|1
    0|0
    • Tru right? Lol I don't know why they complain about not being 'cute' enough to get a girl, they are, just dont like try lol

• Show All
    • I kno! Nerdy guys are perfect boyfriends, always seem insecure tho

• Yeah I've noticed people who want to date but are insecure and don't understand if they work on it they will fare much better

• Because I don't like yo' swag, it's not me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, it makes sense not being his thing, but why complain about your looks then lol?

• I don't.

• Women don't like nerdy guys

0|0
    0|0
    • Which is why they get treated like garbage, left with fatherless children, and a dull life void of video game binges and epic conventions XD

• Okay but how about this, I'm a nerd, I've been getting in shape and I've changed my style and I still can't get a girl. Some ones swag doesn't matter if you arn't attractive there for why bother.

0|0
    0|0
  • Swag is for homosexuals

0|0
    0|0
    • Hence why homosexuals are known for lookin good lol

• To make a change like that you need money.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thrift store? No one will know lol

• Depends where you live. In my place there aren't anything cheap and classy

• The only one here that seems shallow is you, no offense.

0|1
    0|0
    • Why because its true? Strange that its 'shallow' to talk about looks, but the first people to complain about not getting a date, is due to looks lol

We aren't 5, its okay to be an adult and realistic lol

• Show All
    • And your experience is just that, YOURS. Not the outstanding consensous lol

• Excuse me? Are you implying that I didn't understand from a mature point and answer accordingly? No, I understand your post, it's just very shallow and not mature at all. If all your saying is to invest more time into your appearance to get laid then that may or may not be worth someone's time. People should do what makes THEM happy, and not what not makes everyone else happy. Pleasing other people is not the way to happiness.

I also don't label people as such, nerd, swag ones, etc. Are you in college? No one dresses like the first pic, also he still looks like a geek in the 2nd pic. You sound like some geek yourself "go buy timberlands then", fashion is also very subjective. You sound like you like telling what to wear, maybe get a job at GQ, I know they I like timberlands.

That's my line, I was telling you that your experience is YOURS and not necessarily mine or anybody else's.

• Who has time to read that? The nerdy guy is probably smarter than most girls haha and will get a good job.

0|1
    0|0
    • Baaah, good job but not as sexy as he could be! Why have all that extra money and not look good too?

• Show All
    • Oooh you are πŸ˜„ dont be modest lol

• Thank you.

What Girls Said 1

• Because each person has a different style and feels comfortable with different clothing items.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not just clothes, but just general upkeep- like you as a girl dont have to wear makeup everyday and be dolled up for a runway, but combing your hair, a decent tshirt and jeans, a little body spray and staying in shape - you're instantly more attractive, but these guys womt even wash their hair lol

• It's their choice, they're not trying to impress anyone and even if they did, they should still be themselves.
      In fact, I can't brush my hair because it's naturally curly and I wash it twice a week (thus, I brush it twice a week unless I've straightened it). I I wear makeup whenever I feel like it. I see makeup as a form of art, we express ourselves through it. I'm not trying to impress anyone but myself. If a guy is to like me, he shall like me from when my hair is a bird's nest at the top of my head and I have sweatpants on and no makeup to when I wear my skinny jeans and nice tops and my makeup is straight and looks alive and my makeup is flawless.

Recommended myTakes