What do guys think of Muslim girls?

Are they unattractive ? the ones that wear the Hijab , do they really look ugly?, would you consider dating one?

what if I posted a picture of an average looking girl wearing a hijab and normal clothes ?
Example of what type of girl I mean : link

Average looking girl wearing normal clothes but with Hijab or scarf

118

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a Muslim guy, so there are somethings I would like to say taking this opportunity.

Hijab is a choice, unlike commonly misconception that it is somehow 'forced' upon Muslim women. My mother and sister don't wear a Hijab but they do cover their hair with a scarf, all which is their personal choice. Just felt the need to clarify this common misunderstanding. The majority of Muslim girls where I live, don't wear Hijab as such, but some do and all of the females I know do dress modestly.

I have also known some of the most beautiful Persian, Arab, Turkish and Pathan Muslim women who cover themselves up, because that's what Hijab is all about: Concealing your beauty from unwanted attention. I admire women who feel no need in being considered attractive by men whom they don't care about. Hence, I have genuine respect for true Muslim women who don't need to showcase their physical beauty in order to be celebrated by the society.

Likewise, in Islam, Hijab which is worn purposelessly or enforced upon is USELESS. You need to have a clear intention in wearing one, given that you truly believe in it, and that it does yield benefits.

Plus, the concept of covering yourself up is not just restricted to face, but every part of your body that is liable to give you sexual attention. Plus, it extends to men too. You don't need to cover yourself up in front of your close ones in Islam, its just for the general public who will judge you not by the person you truly are, but merely by your looks.

Hence, Hijab has it's purpose, and it's purposes do NOT include covering yourself up because you're ugly, as most people think. But yes, even if a woman does think she is not good looking, she is allowed to cover herself up to prevent society from judging her.

But I have cousins and distant relatives who are gorgeous women, yet they choose to cover themselves up. So it's not for 'unattractive' women, it's for women who respect their body and don't want to showcase their looks for the sake of being liked, by men they don't consider worth 'pleasing' eyes of.

Obviously, many people (even Muslims) may disagree to this, and it's fine. Hijab is not a compulsion in Islam, Modesty in dressing is. I hope this answers your question

• don't want to sound offensive but I thought it was obligatory link

• Highly stressed upon, yes. But situations matter. If a woman is within a group of known people, who may not think of her sexually (apart from her husband obviously), she is not obligated to cover her face. Hijab in the literal sense refers to the dress code of modesty, which includes covering the body which is yes, a Must. this involves lose, opaque clothing. Hijab today usually refers to head scarf, and my point was that there are alternatives to go about it. that too when it's necessary.