Girls, honest answer: is 5"7 (170 cm) too short for you?

I'm 18 and only 5"7, is that enough to be considered attractive? A lot of girls talk about being "protected" by men, can I ever give you that feeling? (Even if I'm strong; not bulky though). And at what height are girls turned off by me? I've heard that might height might be perfect for a girl who's 4"9 or 5"0. But honestly I'm not really attracted to girls of that height. (Ironic, I know). I prefer girls the same height as me.
How short is too short?
How short is too short?

1910

Most Helpful Girls

• Current boyfriend is 6'2, but my last boyfriend was 5'7. So while I prefer taller, it's not a make it or break it kind of thing.

• Ok, what's your height? Also, how much does it really matteR?

• I personally don't like tall guys, I'm attracted to guys that are 5'6- 5'9... even 5'9 is a little big for me I like small to average guys!

• How tall are you? And do you like to wear heels even if he’s short?

• I come from a family that breeds tall men. I live in a community where the tall dutch gene is dominant. My father and most of my uncles are 6'0-6'4. My male cousins are all 6'0-6'5. One of my uncles is 6'8. My grandfathers were both 6'0. The shortest full grown man in my family is 5'9 and he married into it.

I believe my family conditioned me to find tall men attractive as I had only been around tall guys throughout my childhood. My current boyfriend is 6'5. He fits in well with my family.

Bringing someone short into our family would be odd. I feel as though he'd feel out of place among the men. And women. All my aunts, and female cousins,even my mother are all 5'8-6'0. I got the freak gene from my really short (5'0) grandmother and it made me 5'4. I am the smallest in my family.

As for your want to protect a girl...your height isn't so much the protection factor as your personality/attitude is.

• Ok :) thx for reply

• I'm just wondering. How does this answer his question? You only stated your family heights and it just makes no sense as I don't think it helps the poster in any way

• @Belle7 It's just her way of finding herself an excuse for being attracted to taller men. Her excuse is the family, feeling out of place and shit like that. I find it quite hypocritical that women will go on saying that the biggest turn off is the insecurity, when they go on to say shit like that.
      Honestly, i've heard excuses ranging from not wanting to be shorter than her husband on a wedding day (awfully specific), to feeling like they're their mothers. So by that logic, if the man is taller, she feels like they have a daughter-father relationship? It's not only ridiculous, it's a bit disturbing.