22 d

Be careful with girls that are afraid of confrontation...Red Flag!

Long story short, this girl I know acted as if attracted to me for a while, then the moment I started caring for her she just kept leading me on because she was afraid of the "talk". She lived in this ambiguous state of maybe.

My guys, if this is happening to you my advice is the moment you see her acting attracted to you call her out and make it clear that you have noticed it. Do not think that it is implied because if the girl is shy and fears confrontation she will always allow for the ambiguous possibility that you two might be together for the sake of avoiding the imminent rejection.

I spent like five months in this dance, and although I did learn a lot from the experience and I loved the play. I must say, RUN while you can.

6
1

Most Helpful Guy

• DWD94

women in general are afraid of confrontation. It's one of the reasons most women give out fake numbers if a guy they dont like asks them for their number.

1 likes
    • Kas19

If we decline giving them our number we are at risk of abuse. So I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• DWD94

@Kas19 That's fine, its your right to do so. Just don't complain if fewer men approach you.

• Nonbinary

I understand why they need to protect themselves in case of possible abuse. But that does make it harder for genuine people.

Most Helpful Girls

• smg99

The same is true for men who show us signs of body language and suggestive conversations or behavior and yet act like we were imagining it all along.

2 likes
    • Nonbinary

Interesting, so it goes both ways. Didn’t know. Thanks for the knowledge.

• smg99

You’re welcome it does work both ways.

• TsundereMatrix

What do you mean by “acting attracted”?

1 likes
    • Nonbinary

At this point I don’t even know. Maybe she was just being genuinely friendly with me. To the point that nobody was. I guess I played myself. Haha

• You’re probably right. Guys always mistake my friendliness and kindness for attraction and flirting

• Nonbinary

Yea now I know that. But wouldn’t you agree that attraction is communicated to high level of friendliness?
      She invited me to meet most of her family. And told me big secrets about her life. I guess I just didn’t have enough experience.

This is why I am saying. Make sure to make it clear the moment you have feelings or notice something flirtatious. Because it can save the lover a lot of time. I don’t regret the time I spent with her anyways. Her presence has this ability to slow down my time to zero. It’s intoxicating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

40
  • In my past experience with relationships same thing happened more then once. One of guy from college was fling since he lied about being single. My last ex boyfriend from college sent out mixed signals and end up cheating on me.

• Nonbinary

Damn that sucks Candace. I feel you 100%

• Nonbinary

Mixed signals are the worst

• themomo84

I'm not understanding your story at all. If you didn't like her, tell her and move on. Life is too short for shit.

• Nonbinary

I did like her tho.

• Nonbinary

But yea that was the point of my story, be clear since the start and avoid the time wasted on illusions.

• Lawschoolgossips

This sounds like incel talk. No one owes you a relationship. She can take however much time she wants before committing.

• Nonbinary

I never said anyone owed me anything. Never said I was entitled to her liking me. All I’m letting people know is that for the sake of time and mental energy be clear with girls you like to save all the ambiguity.

• Secretgardenblood

Good take

1 likes