"If you are handsome, it's flirt. If you are ugly, it's harassment." What do you think about this?

You can share your experiences and ideas about it.
Updates:
5d
For myself, I am a shallow up to a point, I care about looks a lot but looks do nothing to me when it comes dating or giving an advantage to someone. I just care about for the looks when I am considering serious for someone, but it is never enough.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• I think it's the perception in some cases, perhaps also due to how someone flirts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very few people are actually ugly. Most people are just average, neither pretty, neither ugly.
    I do not get insulted if i get approached by unattractive, average girls.
    And i've seen many average "boring" looking guys talk to pretty girls.

1|0
    1|0
    • 4d

I completely agree with that. I normally don't like calling anyone ugly for the features they didn't choose to have. I would rather tell they are "unlucky". I just wanted to make it more sharp

• 4d

Unlucky? That sounds even more rude than ugly lol

• I think that’s the typical emotional reasoning women engage in and it’s exactly why I don’t flirt at work or in other situations that could cause me problems.

I also think it comes from a narcissistic and self absorbed mindset in which the world revolves around someone who thinks like this.

2|1
    0|0
  • It is true.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do think attractive guys can push the boudary a lot further while flirting without being thought of as a creep and that unattractive are far more likely to be perceived as creepy.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is definitely some truth to it. Women will let a guy they're attracted to treat them like shit. A guy they're not attracted to can treat them like a princess and get nothing in return.

Mind you, guys are similar. Maybe it's just that most of us have fewer fans, so we don't get to exploit it quite as much.

1|0
    0|0
  • That’s sadly a statement that is mostly true, it shouldn’t be that way however.

1|1
    0|0
  • The person receiving the attention determines what it is. I think you're saying that if a good looking person gives you attention, you consider it flirting, but from an "ugly" person, you consider it harassment. The key is "unwanted attention of an inappropriate nature". If you WANT it, it's not harassment, no matter who is giving it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know it's the truth, I never had luck in love so... I know what it feels like when you're not worthy :(

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Life is still moving on, I know you lived lots of things, yet it hasn't ended

• 3d

I know, but it's very difficult sometimes, especially for someone who had only unrequited love.

• I agree, ugly people shouldn't flirt. They should stay in the woods where they belong.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it is true, this is terrible. Women like to get attention of hot guys just like men like the attention of hot women. This is normal. There are few hot women and men in the world and few ugly women and men. Most of us are average, we should all deal with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I look average
    No one have judged me based on looks yet and I think if someone will ever judge me based on looks then it's their loss I won't care... People often think I'm a player but when they get to know me their opinion changes. I'm here for myself and for things I wanna do so idc tbh 😂 LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • i didn't get phrase but i agree with ur explanations selina u r from the good looking people but thank god u r smart enough to put emotions and personality of the one who is going to date you as prior not look 👍

1|0
    0|0
  • Replace harassment with creepy and I’d agree with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that is true most of the time. The good looking get away with flirting. Women will think of it as cute, sweet or whatever. If an ugly guy does it he is often considered creepy.

1|0
    0|0
  • The 2 things are totally different, whether you are handsome or not.
    Flirting is playful banter or teasing, harassment is vicious and nasty , even physical...

1|0
    0|1
  • I'd say it's completely true. And not because I'm a cynic, but because we as humans have subconscious shallow natures. We can be good and genuine people, but in all of us there is still a basic preference for beauty.
    In my experience, since you asked, I've been able to come on quite strong towards some girls and had no problems, they even seem to like it/want it. But then I've been told by female friends how less than average guys have made advancements that I could see myself doing, and that they thought he was really creepy and got uncomfortable etc.

Not trying to toot my own horn here, just substantiating my claim with my experiences.

1|1
    0|0
  • People are a shallow race, and it truly shows in that lay out, so in other words it is perfectly ok to flirt, but not harrass, but both are defined by the person's looks

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how you percieve it. Personally I view people flirting with me as them just joking around.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah it is true if the guy is handsome then it is perfect whatever he is. gonna do but if the guy is ugly then it is offensive and harassment.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its discriminating.
    Thats why I never flirt with girls

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't give a fuck to what others think and i only compliment if i mean it

1|0
    0|0
  • I do think that’s true, charisma can get you farther than any attractiveness will

1|0
    0|1
  • it's called double standards, welcome to life (though it was kind of explained in the tutorial)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would agree with that

1|0
    0|0
  • Selina flirts with PLM=PLM is handsome?

1|0
    0|0
  • Can u plzz clarify?

2|0
    0|0
  • accurate

1|1
    0|0
  • 10000000000% true

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, that's kinda fact, unfortunately.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Personally, I don't really agree with that. I'll admit that I do care about looks to a certain extent, but if someone who I don't find to be attractive flirts with me, I'm not going to accuse them of harassment or get offended or anything like that, if he is just friendly flirting, that'd be a big overreaction. I'm sure this statement is true for some people out there, but I can't say it is for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. I have a guy I work with who always outrageously flirts with me whom I'm not attracted to and he's a little bit overweight. I just laugh it off but I wouldn't call it harassment, I get lots of people I'm not attracted to try and flirt with me especially old men and I don't get offended and I don't see is harassment, I just see it as harmless and find it funny.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is sad, but true. A lot of women think this way including myself but won't ever admit it.

1|2
    0|0
  • I have dated people who were not hot. Looks are one important factor to consider, but they're defo not everything.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

That's for sure. What they mean is more like when an ugly guy writes you, you just ignore it and kinda feel bothered but if it's coming from a handsome guy, same behaviour pulls your attraction

• 4d

They have a point. I have never dated or hooked up with an ugly guy. However, I have dated a few guys who most people would consider just "average."

• If he would like my slave why not lol I want slave 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally i don’t think it’s true, at least for myself. Thing is, some people are really good at flirting and others suck. Sometimes I do get uncomfortable but it’s not necessarily coz I’m not attracted to them physically, it’s because the way they ‘flirt’ is just inappropriate... I came across guys that were not necessarily that attractive (for me) but they were great at flirting, so, I didn't find it creepy. it comes down to how you do it, not how you look like in my opinion. People can be charming without being ‘a 10’

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

But having good looks makes a person seem more charming right?

• Show All
    • 4d

I'll consider looking at the gym more seriously. I'm just really picky 🙈

• 4d

@cavmanier oh yes its very true. Most people are quite boring when it comes to conversation, i think one of the reason for that these days is the internet, people dont even meet people in real life anymore and that is a problem because whether we like it or not, we need social skills and you get them by facing the world.

hahah oh man, the good days with the boys hey?

oh the gym is great ahahahah i had a crush in there when I had no idea on how to approach someone and I think i scared him away ahahahah I was the creepy girl that stared for ages and did nothing LOOL good times

• If someone thinks like that, then I must say they have double standards.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's hypocrisy right there.

1|3
    0|0
  • Lame.

1|0
    0|0
  • That’s called life LOL

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes