7 of the World's Best Street Foods You Absolutely Have To Try

I absolutely love traveling and I am a foodie at heart. Therefore, trying international street food is my number one activity wherever I go. I thought I'd share some of my favorites with the G@g community :)

7. Chili Dog

This baby is from the States. It's basically an upgraded hot dog, with meat/tomato sauce, cheese, onions and mustard. I'm pretty sure you can get them all over the country, but there are some regional variations. I tried it while I was in New York. It isn't my favorite food ever, but it was certainly a pleasant experience.

6. Chinese Take-Out

I'm quite sure everybody is familiar with this little box of awesomeness. For those of you who pretty much lived under a rock for their whole lives - it's fried noodles with some veggies and chicken, topped with soy sauce and/or hot sauce. It's available basically everywhere, but it originated in East Asia. The best thing about this one is that it usually comes super cheap.

5. Crêpes

These lovely thin "pancakes" are an invention of the Frenchies. They come in many shapes and sizes, and there are endless variations in the toppings. My personal favorite is nutella and bananas, but you can get them with almost anything. Nowadays, they're pretty much everywhere in Europe, but I strongly recommend getting trying them in Paris; the Frenchies know what they're doing.

4. Lángos

This heavenly deep-fried dough is probably the most underrated street food ever. It's from Hungary, but it's very popular pretty much all over Eastern Europe. The most accurate description is probably like a salty donut with garlic, cheese, ketchup and mayo. It may not look that appetizing, but it passed crepes, and that's saying something.

3. Trdelník

I'm especially fond of this one, since it's from my home country. It's a roasted pastry dipped in cinnamon and sugar. I don't know why, but it somehow tastes better during the Christmas season. They recently started putting ice cream, nutella and strawberries in them, I don't know why, but they are better when they're plain. Eat this one in Prague <3.

2. Churros

These fatty sticks of pure joy are from Spain. I've tried them in Madrid and Barcelona, and the ones in the capital were a bit better (idk why). I'm not sure how they make them, but they're sweet, oily and they come with melted chocolate to dip them in. What more could you possibly want?!

1. Döner Kebab

My personal winner and king between fast foods. It's of Turkish origin, but I think they perfected the art of Döner in Berlin, Germany. It's a huge-ass block of meat, and they cut little bits of it with a machette-looking knife (sword). It comes with veggies and a variety of sauces, and you can choose between flat-bread (in the picture) or a tortilla, which is better because it's bigger.

I hope you enjoyed my list of awesome street foods, feel free to disagree and add your favorites in the comments :)

1019
JulieXO is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never tried a chilli dog, but I'm sure it'd be great without the sausage.
    2,3 and 4 don't look nice at all. 4 especially sounds disguting.
    The last looks nice, never tried it but I guess it's similar to the amazing greek souvlaki
    www.sintayes.gr/.../souvlakia5.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Not to be critical or anything, but chinese take out isn't a street food... it's take out, just like in the name :)

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• You... haven't been to an actual street food avenue have you?

The most famous type of street foods are usually skewers; grilled meat, grilled corn cob, boiled fish balls, stinky tofu... etc. they can be in skewers or just a plate and your eating tool is a pointy stick (or toothpick). These are often sold on the street in carts that the owners can pack up and run quickly before the police catch them.

Next are the various types of noodles, soups and rice dishes. Bowls might be provided for soupy things or banana leaves are provided for rice (or similar) dishes. Similar to the skewers, the owners are really quick in packing up and run. They even pack your table and run while leaving you with a chair and your noodles in the middle of the street.

• Dagummit Julie mate, dagummit!!! You just had to post up all this tasty pics.

Chinese food
    And
    langos

Are my fave in there. Langos are like funnel cakes to me haha.

• Omg you have placed doner kebab correctly first 😍😍😍

• As usual, Americans have the worst food on the planet. :P

• Oh God.

The pics you've chosen alone should disqualify you from being a foodie, let alone your choices.

Get out there and eat more.

• I started eating chili dogs when I was a kid because of sonic the hedgehog, but you're dead on with #1

• I like the look of that Chinese take away

• Good food and attractive Slavic women... My two fav things ❤️

• Amazing MyTake! 😀👏👍

• I haven't tried, #1, 3, odor 4 yet.

Now you're making e hungry (and I just "downed" two bagels).

• Bunny Chow- South africa

• No fried insects, fried pig intestines and stinky tofu on the list.
    I disapprove

• Souvlaki, panini and calzone master race.

• Doner kebabs and doner boxes are delicious.

• There's some food that'll blow these out of the list. The #1 looks really good

• YUMMO !

• Döner just doesn't look appetizing. I do really love my Chinese though.

• Hypertension and diabetes awaits u.

What Girls Said 9

• The reason you didn't like the chili dog is because you got it from New York. The REAL ones are in the Midwest! But we call them coneys out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiVzMM4-6Ws

Also, that Chinese Take out picture is actually a cake, not real Chinese food. But great Take either way. The Langos looks really good.

• Lol I haven't noticed the Chinese was cake, thanks :D

• Yeah, lol, it's okay, I'm a cake decorator so I can see it from a mile away lol. Awesome take though.

• MMM-what I'd give for a chili dog. Haha, I'm making sloppy joes right now. Something about chili really hits the spot.

• Donner kebabs are vomit enduring. So many terrible takeaways sell them to pissed up people and you end up ill. That meat is rotating for days/weeks 😷 I'm sure there are nice ones out there but I've yet to see one!

• They're really tasty, I would recommend them too, except for the Chili Dog, I prefer the European hot dogs.

• delicious

• I'd love to have a beautiful chilli dog right now, washed down with coke and dessert is churros

• crepes and doner kebabs are popular in tokyo

i like them !

do you pronounce prague ”praha” ?

• Can I just say that Chinese takeout isn't just noodles. In England they do chicken friend rice and curry sauce and it is the best thing ever!

• In England we eat doner kebab after a night out haha

• Kebab is like the number one food for the walk home on a drunken night out in tons of European countries.
    I think these foods, nearly all have tried though no? They seem to have these kinds of things in most countries.