Dear Meat Eaters, You Can Help Too :)

Hello there everyone. I’m Haely, and I’m an ethical vegan. Unlike some of the very abrasive vegans out there and their extreme views, I believe veganism is ideal for the sake of reducing suffering and harm to the planet. I don’t believe it’s the “nutritionally superior” diet, as no diet truly is, and I don’t believe all meat eaters are bad people.

Love, compassion, peace <3 <3
Love, compassion, peace <3 <3

I also don’t believe you need to be vegan to help the animals or the planet. It’s the biggest way to help, but it isn’t the only way. I believe even small differences make a huge difference, so here are some ways you can help without being totally vegan!

Meatless Mondays

This is a fun and easier one that can give your tummy a break from digesting things like red meats. It’s also super easy and anyone can do it! Swap out your favourite meat-based meal for a veggie or vegan alternative, like spaghetti with veggie grounds or black-bean tacos! There’s so many awesome recipes out there, and with so many Mondays in a year, you could really benefit the planet and the animals by making this small change.

Dear Meat Eaters, You Can Help Too :)

Switching to dairy-free milk

Nut milks and soy beverages have come a LONG way! Arguably, they’re even tastier than regular milks, and being fortified with extra calcium means they’re even good for you too! Instead of having milk in your cereal or coffee, try a yummy nut or soy beverage.

Dear Meat Eaters, You Can Help Too :)

Being flexitarian

A term used to describe a vegan who isn’t strictly a dietary vegan. There are lots of people who can’t go vegan because they love cheese, or fish, or they’re scared of the social aspect of having to go out to eat or eat with family. This is where freeganism comes in.

“Be vegan at home, but not outside.”

If you could be “mostly vegan” by eating vegan but still eating cheese, that’s still great! If you’re vegan except for when you eat with family or at restaurants? That’s still a big step! This is all helpful, and it’s amazing! Even going vegetarian is a big step or eating meatless most days except for weekends. These are things everyone can do.

Dear Meat Eaters, You Can Help Too :)

Stop eating red meat (or one meat/fish/dairy group)

The issue of carbon emissions is a big one, but we can reduce it by even just cutting out steak and burgers from our diets. If you remove even this one meat product, you can help limit suffering and your carbon footprint.

Dear Meat Eaters, You Can Help Too :)

Use biodegradable products

Paper towels, cleaners – there’s lots of product that reduce harm to the planet that work excellently that you can use! This reduces the impact we have on this lovely earth that houses all of us and other beautiful creatures.

Well, there you go! Some easy things even meat eaters can do to help the cause! I hope you all enjoyed it, please be kind in the comments and respect everyone’s choices and opinions. I didn’t come here to judge or persecute anyone, so I request you do the same.

Dear Meat Eaters, You Can Help Too :)

Of course, I would love it if everyone was vegan, but I understand it isn't easy to do. So, if you do even a small, little thing, that's good enough for me.

Peace and love to all of you angels.

2770

Most Helpful Guys

• wtf im full of this shit, why you are trying to get more people to be vegans? Not only you, most of vegans are trying to get other people to not eat meat. STOP. UR ANOYING u know that? MEAT IS NOT A BAD THING. Without meat is actually bad to live and stop with this bullshit like meat is going to kill you, yea its going to kill you if you live like retard and have 0 activity, ur going to die anyway then. Im super healthy and before i had super low body fat with huge amount of muscle for 17yo and u know what helped me? Meat lol yea weird fact hmmm. Without meat its impossible to build muscle and meat gives you extra energy. Just stop with stupid posts about Vegans, WE DONT CARE, i won't stop eat meat and u will get nothing with that. Thanks.

• This article isn't about trying to make people be vegans, my angel.

• please at least dislike my comment ffs

• I would never do that. I believe everyone has the right to speak their truths, even if that means they insult me or demean me. It's okay, because I believe in my own truth and in light, love, and acceptance, so I have no reason to dislike you. Those kinds of things are well beyond me.

• Hi Haely, I'm Ben. I recycle, and I care about out environment. But I also like meat, eggs, and dairy products.
    Also, I don't appreciate having to buy vegan food in small packages and using vegan ingredients that cost 2 or 3 times as much, and produce a lot more waste than regular products.

So I wish you the best, but there is no way on Earth I am going close to veganism, or even venetarianism.
    With all due respect, Imma make some juicy steak now.

• I second this. Very Nicely said.

• As well, I don't necessarily paint veganism or any variant as superior in regards to health. Both plant-based and meat-based diets have drawbacks, as all diets do. <3

• If you made it your goal to make meat production more humane - I am all for it. Hell, I wouldn't be against synthetic meats either, as long as they don't feel like plastic. I hate that animals have to suffer even a bit for my lifestyle, but I accept that this is the way life works right now, and I admit that I am selfish - I put my own happiness in front of that of an animal I have never seen.

That being said, slaughterhouses already use relatively humane methods. The feeding process is not sanitary, but the slaughtering is almost painless, and is regulated by law to not cause any distress to the animal.

If you want to help this cause, I suggest turning your goggles towards halal meat, or dhabihah slaughtering. Without wanting to go into detain, halal slaughterhouses use extremely unsanitary and terrifying, outdated methods to kill animals. And halal meats make up a significant percentage of even Canadian meat production. I suggest researching it, and campaigning against it.

Most Helpful Girls

• More people than you think eat a "flexitarian" diet. I don't eat meat everyday and not even on purpose. I eat red meat probably once a month even though I should probably be eating it more often because I'm chronically anemic and need the iron. Cheese and I will always be best friends, even being lactose intolerant lol. I will give you credit for being probably the least abrasive vegan I've come across tho. Not everyone is going to take to your message positively because simply put, people like their meat. And they don't wanna be told that they shouldn't eat it or to change it.

• I didn't even really read this but I do have one day in the week when I don't meat for dinner but the picture of the little girl hugging the cow is really cute that's the only thing i came for lol

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 68

• Or simply buy your meat, dairy and veggies from legitimate farmer markets.
    Support small businessmen and good agricultural practices.
    Instead of multi-billion corporations who are making money on hippies by selling them "nut milk" that is really just some water, xanthan gum and carrageenan.

• I hunt and butcher my food when I can. There is no better source of healthy protein than wild game. I grow my own vegetables and citrus too but I have no intention of starving to death for some foolishness. I need my damn meat, dammit. I am an "abrasive" carnivore.

Actually, I have almost eliminated dairy just because I am approaching 8% bodyfat and building. Whey is the only dairy I do now. I eat many of the things you list also already. Nut milks are good.

• Thank you for being reasonable with your views. I disagree with a number of them but I appreciate that you were able to put them in a concise way and back them up with the reasons you believe them.

Personally my answer to this moral dilemma was to raise my own meat and buy from local farmers. I know they had a good life and a quick death without undue suffering. Currently I see bigger issues with our heavy input model of agriculture, particularly the damage tilling and pesticides/fertilizers are causing. From my studies in agriculture livestock are an integral part of the carbon cycle and are required to fight the desertification side effects of vegetable production. There's more than one reason most of the ancient societies only farmed river valleys with regular floods, one of them is that the outlying areas dried out very early in the agricultural revolution.

I think there's a place for both omnivores and vegans and that we will do a lot more for animal welfare by working together rather than fighting with each other.

• https://youtu.be/RyNmgSefNA4
    You are not helping animals any more then a meat eater is. In nature animals get eaten, that's their existence, with humans they are actually protected for longer periods of time before getting eaten and are assured that they will reproduce, that's not the case if we simply let these animals go. Yes we could be doing better, the industrialization of ranching has made things worse, we should allow them to be free range grass fed animals but that's different then claiming that its some how unethical to eat animals. Hunters are actually the most ethical meat eaters as they stick to the natural selection process, they eat what they kill nothing more nothing less, which does not fit into your idea of ethical treatment of animals even though it is as natural as it gets. Also as the link I provided shows, farming is not particularly ethical, at least not more then ranching and eating animals as it hurts not only animals, destroys habitats, produces nitrogen run off that kills off large amounts of aquatic life due to the increased algae blooms but it also can negatively impact human life. Their is no ethical diet, but you can incorporate as many ethical practices as you can into the farming and ranching.

• I wish vegans would eat meat. Theyre so selfish for not eating it, I wish they would stop being vegan and adapt to my own viewpoint, because thats how i think and feel so it must be the right way to live...

This is how vegans are ^... And its fucking tiresome.. Noone cares about the special snowflake diet generation..

• Most vegans were meat eaters before going vegan. I ate meat for 22 years and recently went vegan. So your point here is invalid. All we ask is for people to open their minds and put themselves in the victims shoes. Maybe you're tired of hearing about it but maybe try seeing it from the animal's point of view who are tortured, neglected, and abused on a daily basis on factory farms. When we look at injustice, do we look at it from the perpetrators perspective or the victims?

It's not a snowflake diet, it's the only way forward. The rainforest is being destroyed so people can grow soybean crops for livestock so people can eat them, which is destroying the ecosystem. The oceans are being overfished and the runoff from factory farms is causing dead zones in the ocean. It's estimated by 2048, the oceans will be fishless which means lack of oxygen for us and no future for our children.

• Your mind is stagnant in the status quo little one, you still have much road ahead to be able to fathom the bliss of compassion for other beings...

• @howlyz Genuinely could not care less about other beings.

• So here's the thing: I'm a meat eater because I don't believe it is wrong to eat meat. I don't believe that animals are entitled to any sort of rights.

Now, the environmental argument for eating less meat is more compelling, however you do realize that eating less meat will directly reduce the number of animals too right? It isn't like they'll all go free, we will cut down their numbers and cows will still exist solely for food or not at all.

• The biodegradable thing is the only one i would be willing to do.
    Now, answer me this
    What do you propose to do, about overpopulation of deer or about the millions of feral pigs in the south who are an invasive speciee that are responisble for 8 BILLION DOLLARS of ecological damage a year.
    Cause the only real answers tk either of those things involve bullets

• I'm vegan, but I'm not unreasonable. I understand that hunting is sometimes necessary to protect an ecosystem, but over-breeding animals and putting them through terrible things is creating an even bigger problem.

• Well not the answer i was expecting. You do seem reasonable

• Well, i can't disagree with biodegradable products, they are an excellent idea. I already design carbon neutral buildings and am researching carbon negative fillers for concrete... so i think i contribute enough to have my KFC.

I do have one question though, do vegans eat fish or are they not supposed to?

• You design carbon neutral buildings... marry me? 😍
      What are carbon negative fillers for concrete?

• Don't worry, I won't argue much. I promise I won't use huge spans and that I'll try to get all my building to be grade A at least, if not A+. :P

by the way, I think vegans don't eat fish or any seafood.

• @hasrett #relationshipgoals marry an architect ☺️

• How about no meat Fridays? We used to do that growing up as part of church.

Not gonna do that milk thing cause I love dairy. But no meat I could try. I could be vegetarian maybe. Mostly.

• That's good too.

• There is. It's from the milking machines. It makes their skin all raw and irritated and sore. I've seen it so many times

• @0asis Ughhh...

• Great take. I am vegetarian.
    I know the fact that all the suffering and emotional pain which animal suffers , all that is gets absorbed by humans.
    That’s why they’re so depressed all the time and have mental disorders.

Thanks for sharing.

• What's stopping you from being completely plant-basedmor vegan? Just curious

• If you would like, there's a free vegan challenge for 22 days. You get assigned a mentor and they help you with recipes, where to get certain foods, tailoring a diet for your lifestyle, and any questions you have. It's a great resource!
      https://www.challenge22.com/challenge22/

• @0asis thanks I will look into that

• Show more from Guys
    58

What Girls Said 25

• Well... this is nice... kudos to you for being the least judgmental vegetarian on planet earth.

... sustainable farming practices can reduce impact as well. Many of the same ideas can be applied to vegetable farming as well.

I’d also drive people away from nut milk as those are horribly inefficient result in a lot of waste and use a lot of water. Soy milk is a better alternative but soy is a massive contributor to deforestation. Other alternatives are pea milk and coconut milk.

• Why would I bother doing any of this? I love animals and all, and the way certain animals are killed is awful, but not everyone needs to cut meat out. I love meat, especially red meat, and it makes me happy. I don’t know if this was your intention or not, but this sounds like you’re trying to enforce veganism, or some forms of it, onto people who don’t want it.

• One more thing. Buy meat from only good sources where the animals are treated well and given proper food and they cause less wastage and stuff... Overall more efficient. If it's expensive then eat less meat but it's good for health and the environment. I also don't want to eat a lot of meat because of the unhealthy stuff the animals are fed and also the hormones that they are given.

• ya but that doesn't change the fact we are slaving the animals... and they still end up dead in a slaughter house... for food
      its so bad lol...

• Even then one can still wonder is it really necessary to kill the animals we grow to love... I dunno its a tuff one... when we don't have to..
      but lets say we do, yes I agree with you there that its at least better to raise them how you described, the better way
      --> but that would never happen because people will continue to factory farm... something just seems so wrong with that, creating new life repeatedly just to suffer...

• @TripleAce yeah it's sad. That's why it's good to get meat from better sources and even eat less meat if that becomes expensive.

• I appreciate the respect in this post.

Though I don't necessarily agree with your views, I like your ideas. Some of those would be good to include in a personal diet. I love the Meatless Mondays idea. And I do enjoy non-dairy milk:)

• Why is everyone so harsh about this? This is practically like an article informing others. You didn't have to click on this article. She's just informing us, not criticizing in any way. You can either make a decision to listen and take action to it, or you do not.

• Why would I do any of this and what would happen to all those cows if we stopped eating meat would they be put down with no one to take care of them?

• They wouldn't have to be put down, they could be released or go to sanctuaries.

• So you can get all vitamins, including vitamin A from plants:
      https://veganhealth.org/vitamin-a/

Eating a plant-based diet can actually reverse a lot of diseases and problems with your body. So removing animals from your diet can actually reduce any problems you have.

They do but their animal-heavy diet also contributes to their health problems and shorter lifespan.

Some bodybuilders and athletes do use steroids. SOME. Not ALL. Jehina Malik does not use any steroids. Just eats all her protein and vitamins straight from the source, aka plants.

No, cholesterol is actually very unhealthy. Our body already creates the amount of cholesterol we need so taking in cholesterol from another body is not healthy for us in any way. Neither are oil or milk. Cow milk is actually shown to increase the risk of osteoporosis. You're not a baby cow so you don't need to drink cow milk. You don't need to keep breastfeeding, especially from another species.

• "Everything In Moderation"
      https://youtu.be/Z-S21l0Xa_s

• Great take! I can't agree with bio-degradable carrier bags though. They take much longer to turn into compost than the time the plants have to create compost, because in the words of the manager "even the rain worms wouldn't touch those bags made of corn".

• Damn this was like a really passive take and everyone is like super triggered. I am not, nor do I plan on being vegan/vegetarian myself, but I find it strange people are so touchy about this...

• I wish I could use less animal products, but I can't bring myself to it. I've been raised (almost) in the country side, we had cows, rabbits, goats, sheep, pigs, we still have hens, we've had few more types of animals and I've always consumed such prodiucts. They're such a big part of my diet, that if I remove them, I start feeling ill, just the same as if I stop having sugar. Also I doubt the solutions you offer would help even a bit, unless it's a wordwide change. But stil - nice take.

• Some people have had involuntary vegetarian eating habits. Not everyone eats meat every day. So I've learned in my personal nutrition class.

• Show more from Girls
    15