Time to Get FAT! The Right Way

You read it right, yes it is time for you to get fat, but the good fat.

This is the rant part of the take, get ready:

I am furious
I am furious

How many times I have seen people, not eat anything throughout the day, just one meal and they still look out of shape?

And how many times you have seen people eats nothing , just snacks and still out of shape?

Would you stop depriving your body from food, and eat like human being, for God's sake people eating less doesn't mean losing weight, and it means bad health. Go to the doctor, get a diet, you are not an expert since you are still out of shape and in poor health.

That is too much fat ! stop being crazy
That is too much fat ! stop being crazy

Now for this article, it won't be focused on shape, you can be fat, yes, but you need to clean your food, no more junk, or at least less junk. You are thin, then this is for you, you should wake up from the sleep you are in, because most probably your not eating right and your health is at risk, what am I talking about? Most people have the wrong concept that eating fat is bad, you are wrong. You always need fat.

fats are essential to give your body energy and to support cell growth. They also help protect your organs and help keep your body warm

And you will always eat it no matter what, it is the quality and the quantity of it, shall we see what we got?

"There are four major dietary fats in the foods we eat:

Saturated fats
Trans fats
Monounsaturated fats
Polyunsaturated fats
The four types have different chemical structures and physical properties. The bad fats, saturated and trans fats, tend to be more solid at room temperature (like a stick of butter), while monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats tend to be more liquid (like liquid vegetable oil)."

So basically we need to chose between the good, and the really good fat, lets see which is which and why?

Yummy
Yummy

"Consuming high levels of calories – regardless of the source – can lead to weight gain or being overweight. Consuming high levels of saturated or trans fats can also lead to heart disease and stroke. Health experts generally recommend replacing saturated fats and trans fats with monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats – while still maintaining a nutritionally-adequate diet."

Remember, high levels is wrong, but if you consume moderately you would be fine and healthy.

So can we really include it in a diet? lets see:

"Eating foods with fat is definitely part of a healthy diet. Just remember to choose foods that provide good fats (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats) and balance the amount of calories you eat from all foods with the amount of calories you burn. Aim to eat a dietary pattern that emphasizes intake of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains; includes low-fat dairy products, poultry, fish, legumes, non-tropical vegetable oils and nuts; and limits intake of sodium, sweets, sugar sweetened beverages and red meats. Doing so means that your diet will be low in both saturated fats and trans fats."

So, it is clear now that you should eat the right way. You should know better than eating junk food all the time. You should start, it will get easier with time. You will know all the right choices and the wrong ones with time. As you gain wisdom and get more healthy, you will gain the muscles you want.

Source: https://healthyforgood.heart.org/eat-smart/articles/dietary-fats

811

Most Helpful Girl

• Great mytake!
    I already knew the cons of trans and saturated fat. I’ve cut transfat out of my diet last year (unless I go out to eat or am at a friends house and don’t read the label)... but it’s really hard to avoid saturated fat since it is in practically everything.

• Eat balanced
      No use in over doing it :)
      You look great, you don't need to fear fat

• Lmao thanks dude
      But I don’t really want to gain weight
      Maybe loose like 10lbs

• You need nothing XD
      You are awesome as you are now
      If you were in Jordan i would take you as a wife ahahaha

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm trying, I'm trying. But no matter what I eat and how much I eat, I still don't gain any weight. I am 5'9" and 116 pounds right now. That pretty skinny and somewhat underweight. I eat chicken or turkey almost everyday. I eat salmon once in a while, I eat avocados, all kinds of oatmeal and cereal, whole milk, every healthy fat food out there. And nothing works. I'm trying to exercise more, but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference.

• First , you need to balanace your meals and workout , don't over train if you do that you won't gain weight
      Second , it takes time, to gain muscles at the rate of 1 lb a week that is what normal, maybe maximum 4 .
      I was on a crazy diet for sometime , 7 eggs in the morning !!

• (6 egg white , one full )
      It was the nutrition plan, it is normal though

• Yo, if you are trying to put on weight, eat often and eat CARBS. Thats right, you heard me. Ectomorphs are efficient at using fat stores as energy because the body prefers to store glycogen. Once you get enough carbs, your body will become comfortable using glycogen as energy since it has a good supply running in. Use complex carbs such as steel-cut oats, brown rice, and sweet potatoes. Also, try to minimize cardio as your body will use proteins and fat as energy. Focus on not being in the gym for too long and more on slow, quality, low reps. This is called time under tension, which really promotes muscle size. If you really want to build mass, try making a natural mass gainer. A popular favourite would be a blend of 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, 2 scoops of whey protein powder, a cup of dry oats, a medium banana, and 2 cups of whole milk. Mass gainers work efficiently for those who have a hard time getting calories in. Add non lean meats to your diet, such as steak as well.

• Okay buddy... So I asked for this.

Me:
    Height - 5'7''
    Weight - 53.3kg
    BMI - 18.4 :(
    Major calorie rich food I eat on a daily basis: An egg, nuts, milk, biscuits (unnecessary junk... But I still love it XD), pulses
    Apart from those, I eat Roti (a food made from flour), 3 for breakfast, 3 for dinner. And about 100-120g rice EVERYDAY. But I don't seem to gain weight :(
    I don't eat much junk food (hardly any)
    I'm not regular with my exercise schedule XD. That's the only downside. And yeah - I don't drink adequate about of water.

Now help me with some ideas on what to do.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 9