Weight-loss: Sometimes you need to be told you are FAT!

luckyinloveandlife

I’m sharing a small bit of my own journey. 3 years ago I was fresh out of the worst possible relationship for me. I was tipping the scales, hovering somewhere around the 300lb mark. I was emotionally drained, physically dying, and had no idea what I was going to do with my life.

For one, I couldn’t stand the sight of myself in the mirror because I didn’t LOOK like me. For second, I didn’t think it was possible to dust myself off and get healthy again. I made excuses, cried, drank my weight in sugary coffees, and pretended no one could see me.

Fast forward, I’m in a new relationship with the most attractive human being I had ever set eyes on. Little did I know, that person would change my life and become my husband ♥️. But it started with a simple conversation, he wanted me to go to the gym and wanted me to join him. He wanted to build muscle. I wanted to lose weight. He told me I was beautiful, but that I was indeed FAT, and that I could change it if I stuck to it. So, I started watching my food and being more active.

I have always had very little self control. As an emotional eater I always used food as a crutch. The accountability from my new partner was the jump I needed to really commit to this change.

Fast forward to August 6th, 2020. I had a life changing accident. I was visiting with my cousin at my Aunts place, just hanging out on the porch/balcony chatting away. I was leaning against the railing and after a few minutes the railing brackets gave way. Sending me sailing backward down a 20-25ft cliffside. I broke my back in 3 places, I tore my right bicep muscle, I have post concussion syndrome with a bit of memory loss, and nerve damage in my right leg.

While laying on the bed in the hospital I just remember thinking, I could have died! If I was any heavier I am sure I would have died! I don’t want to die fat! I don’t want to have mobility issues, I want to live. I’ve abused my body for so long, I’ve tried so hard. I want to live.

Long story short, if I had not heard the message 3 years ago, and started my journey then, I wouldn’t be here now. My husband saved my life. Because he told me I needed to get healthy! And thank GOD he did. I’m lucky in love, and lucky to be alive!

9
2

Most Helpful Girl

• KingdomForAKiss
    Good for you for getting your health in order. I found out I had type 2 diabetes in June of 2019. Since then, I've lost more than 20lbs and have gotten my health in check. I've almost reversed my diabetes (though I'll never be able to eat carbs and sugar the same way unless I want it all to come back).
    I do think fat is a harsh word, but it's also reality. But I think it's better than encouraging people to commit slow-motion suicide--- death by side effects of obesity and poor health.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous
    What a story! Indeed, sometimes one has to "bite the bullet" and remind the people closest to them to get healthy. Even if it gets uncomfortable. This is tough love and there is no other good choice.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you for taking the time to read. I’m so glad I started taking my health seriously with the love and support from my husband and ultimately, myself. ♥️

• Anonymous

Your transformation is inspiring. Keep on that right track of keeping yourself healthy. Hopefully you will inspire the people around you to do the same. Best of luck to you.

• What an awesome thing to say ☺️ thank you so much. My hope is to help many people in many different walks of life to find their way to love and health ♥️ bless you.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

18
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing your weight-loss journey this is something I still need to accomplish I have lost a hundred pounds but I still need that 69-80 lbs to lose, yes my weight has been a battle for a lot of years especially in my teen years I was made fun of and it hurts You are a beautiful person inside and out and Congratulations on winning your weight battle I know how it feels I been down that road for many years?
    • That’s incredible you have lost 100lbs! The first 100 is the hardest, the rest comes of slowly with proper nutrition and moving your body. But every day counts! Don’t give up ♥️

• @luckyinloveandlife Thank you so much well appreciate <3

• 20yearsolder
    Congratulations, I'm happy for you
    • Thank you so much! I’m just hoping to inspire others to do it, take accountability and win their own battle.

• To be honest with you, I didn't even look at the pictures.. amazing transformation, I am super proud of you

• Thank you, very much! It has been a rewarding journey ♥️

• Aakash_Hangargi
    Awesome give me a high five 🖐️.
  • msc545
    Great mytake - thanks!!
  • 007kingifrit
    i agree, wisdom only comes from feeling defeated
  • Snakeyes7
    I am happy for you and you look great!
  • Anonymous
    Damn! Helluva story! And you look GREAT now! How much did you lose in total? What are our fitness goals now?
    • Thank you! I have lost 141.2lbs. My goal is to gain muscle structure in my core and glutes/legs to support posture and mobility. It has only been 5 months since my accident, and I am struggling with walking properly. I have a pretty bad limp due to nerve damage.

• Anonymous

Wow--so you're down to like 160ish after topping 300? That's AMAZING! It's almost HALF of you! Congrats! What kind of workouts do you do to build that muscle structure? Squats, deadlifts, bench press types of things?

• Yes sir! I would love to be down to 145ish , but the weightloss is not my priority anymore. Like I said building my muscle structure is priority. I’m a wide framed person, as are all of the women in my family (I’m speaking purely on bone structure) my hip bones and rib cage are visible now. I do kettle bell squats, free weight squats, cycle 30 mins, leg press, leg curls and lifts, deadlift and snatch, hanging lower body crunches, high interval circuit training, and I also go to the track and flip tractor tires and run the bleacher stands. Lots of body weight based workouts like lunges, plank, side plank, Russian twist cycling etc... you name it I do it. Because my body can only serve me if I serve it.

• Anonymous
    maybe that's the same person
  • Anonymous
    I disagree saying you’re fat to someone who is fat is degrading on their value. It’s like telling someone who have deformities, you’re deformed. You have to value everyone’s existence even if you think they are not valuable.
    • I was not deformed. I was fat. I was still valuable but I was not living up to my value. There is a huge difference. I suffered that injury and now have a very bad limp due to nerve damage and pain. But, I’ve still managed to lose the weight. The woman in the picture is me, if I had hadn’t lost the majority of my weight before my accident I would not have survived. I needed to be told I was fat, and that I needed to be healthy for myself. I did it. But I would not have been able to do it without a wake up call, and constant support.

• Anonymous

It’s degrading for anyone to call someone something that is insulting. That’s not love.

• Fat is a yellow waxy substance inside the body which is accumulated when people over eat. Telling someone that they have gained weight or even gotten fat, is factual. Fat is not an insult. It is biological.