I told my boyfriend I didn't like his mom's cooking?

I decided to be upfront and honest about his mom's cooking because I always feel pressured to eat when she cooks because they kind of make me. I find her food very salty and sometimes kinda bland. I feel bad because he thinks very highly of his mom's cooking. He kind of reacted in a way that was kinda covering up that he was disappointed. Am I right for telling him I don't like it? He knows I'm a picky eater and I didn't really want to sugarcoat my feelings because that's not the person I am. I don't know I don't really feel like I should apologize cause I feel like it's something I should feel guilty about, but I want to know how everyone else feels

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Just like your boyfriend I love my mother's cooking. we grew up eating it, making memories as a family together for diner or making a meal. so for him he's probably sharing a important part of him with you through his mom's cooking. your aren't wrong to say how you feel. just ask him to pressure you less on eating her food

• Okay thanks! I understand his point of view a little better. It's not really him that makes me eat it's his mom. I just don't want to make her upset I guess?

• I understand, so you don't have proplems with her just fake it till you make it lol best of luck

• Thanks! lol