I HATE cooking! Why do people like to cook?

2339

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm with ya. I love eating but I hate cooking because it requires too much time and patience. I can be a great cook if I put my mind to it but I don't have the time and patience for it. The only time I enjoy cooking is when I'm cooking for others for parties. I like the compliments that come with it :)

• It takes soooo much time! I'm a good cook too. I do all the big holiday meals at me house.

• Yeah, I agree. Cooking takes so much time and that's mainly the reason why people don't do it as often as they did in the past. Our society is too fast-paced now. When people come home from work, they're usually too tired to cook.

Most Helpful Girl

• hey there, i do like to cook and bake and it has been part of my working life along the way too... however... in a basic week with children and working i dont cook in the way i love to cook, however, give me a shop bought pizza and i will add more meat, vegetables, herbs and spices and extra cheese too, french fries will also be tossed in extra oil with a touch of beef dripping... and dont dare anyone lecture me my grand father ate beef dripping everyday of his life and lived til his late eighties.. so its all about creating flavours that you will never get shop bought... its also very needy too i love to cook for people and feel they enjoy the food too... for me i believe these things, when you create food you are putting energy into it as in effort time and a desire for it to be good for others, usually these kinds of meals the ones i like to make cook for some time too, so lots of energy into the creation therefore it makes sense the result out ways without comparison a ready meal of the same title... if everything in the universe is ultimately energy if you eat my chicken casserole with herb dumplings thats taken 3 hours of prep and cooking time compared to micro meal factory made cook 5 minutes, despite nutritional 'facts' could you believe mine would be better for you? and when i bake cheese scones for instance ill always make more and take them to two of my neighbours... Well lol bet you didn't you expect that kind of answer? haha xx

• I like your answer. You sound like an amazing cook. My issue is the time it takes to cook. At the minimum it takes an hour to prep and cook. 15 minutes to eat. At least 30 minutes to convince my kids to eat. ☚ī¸. Then 30 minutes to clean if I'm lucky. That's 2 hours for 15 minutes of eating. If it was up to me I'd eat lentils everyday. All the important nutrition with sooo little time invested. Lol. My family doesn't agree. Lol.

• lol yeah i get you there, 30 minutes cleaning your house must be way better cleaner than mine lol i think autumn and winter are most helpful as the slow cooker comes into play and does all the work haha, if you would like i could p. m you a few ideas? xx

• Yeah that would be awesome. Thank you!