7 Things An Independent Single Men Still Wants

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective, independent, career-driven men are more than likely single.

Focused on their hustle and grind, love might not always be a priority, but that does not mean they are unemotional robots.

Just because he is single that does not mean there is a void in his life. It's not that he is incomplete without a partner or that it's hard to find a partner. He is just trying to find the right person who will compliment his career aspirations and his lifestyle.

#1 Admit he's the better chef

There comes a time in every couples kitchen when one has to face the ugly reality that the man, who has actually lived alone for most of his adult life while working his professional goals, has acquired the ability to cook and sadly does so far, far better than you. Gender roles and sharing the workload be damned! Your Chef Boyardee and Hamburger Helper is not welcome in my kitchen!

#2 Admit that you are indeed the problem

There comes a time in every couples home when one has to face the ugly reality that the man, who has actually lived alone for most of his adult life while working on his professional goals, has acquired the ability to be organized. This is not a skill women ever develop. Ever. She wants to "share cleaning duties" and pulls the "if it's dirty clean it up" but also has about seventy times more junk than even a man who is a dedicated hoarder and that's just for her eyebrows.

#3 Actually feeling wanted (without the bullshit)

"Who nees a man? I don't need a man. Men are dogs and I deserve so and such a man who will work with ME!" It is always amusing to hear that women want to be appreciated and then have absolutely no problem telling men who unappreciated and completely fireable and replaceable they are and fundamentally how lucky they are to have been chosen by the One True Goddess.

#4 A SIMPLE Goodnight

"Hey, just wishing you goodnight.", he said. She thought "Where the fuck is the heart? Where is my "Bae"? It's not even midnight why he is going to sleep? Is he fucking some other bitch? Oh hell no, I know what I'll do, I'll not text that fucker back until 3 AM and then I'll stay up all night waiting for a response I won't get and freak the fuck out on him tomorrow morning! That's what I'll do!"

True story.

#5 Appreciated (not appraised)

Not that anyone would feel like less of a person because potential mates suddenly showed up when he drove off the lot in that new Aston. There is clearly no correlation here; I mean a strong, independent man doesn't need anyone to pay his bills and his strong, independent woman clearly doesn't seem to ... mind. Not that she needs it mind you.

#6 Someone to miss

Sure, that business trip to Taipei seems sketchy but at least he knew that his lover was true to him and that she trusted him as much as he did her. Right?

#7 Stop asking him why he's single?

It's somewhat obvious.

5
6

Most Helpful Girl

• kxera
    1) Guys usually are pretty good chefs. Well the men in my family are good chefs.
    2) Problems go both ways; if I'm wrong I'm wrong, so of course I'd admit when I was ACTUALLY wrong.
    3) Wanting a man does not equal needing a man.
    4) Last time I checked, most women I do know do give a gn more so than the men but I always say gn to people usually.
    5) Anything a person does will always be appreciated whether expressed or not
    6) Obvio cheating goes both ways
    7) Guys ask girls why they're single all the time yet don't ask them out, so?
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

45
  • GirlScoutsRevenge
    True story.

Dude, you've been dating some mental chicks!
  • muspelhem_5
    Kind of tragic.

No woman is gonna care about your complaints about women.
  • Azara
    So a bunch of stereotypes about women... should be called a bunch of things i dont want based on my prejudice towards anyonewith a vagina.
  • 9mfeo
    That was funny. Got another facetious take in the works?
  • Unit1
    I'm going to speak for myself:

1. Disagree. Ladies, you are free to try out your kitchen for me.
    2. Disagree. Not all girls are like you are generalizing.
    3. Disagree. I do not want to be wanted. That's also one reason I do not use social media.
    4. That solely applies like only to you and maybe the minority with freaky specimen. Disagreed.
    5. I didn't get it. Skipped.
    6. I miss enough already, I don't need anything else to miss. Disagreed.
    7. Pretty much true. People keep asking me why I'm single and I understand that some of them are just curious. Some also find that information to be a dealbreaker for pretty much like anything.
  • Octavius
    Hey! Don't knock hamburger helper...
  • Anonymous
    This is all pretty helpful women should read.
  • Anonymous
    So tl;dr - I'm a bitter guy that has been rejected all my life and comes on forums to rant to people about it, am I correct?
  • Anonymous
    I find #2 Ironic. I do indeed have two rooms in the house that are *mine*. One is an art studio, but yes, both are a cluttered clusterfuck, because I have an entire apartment packed in crates, and crammed into two bedrooms. The one room I occupy that is *not* a collective chaos, is the bathroom. I'm a tomboy, and I have exactly 6 items in there, all but one is kept in the shower on the rack hanging from the shower head. My brush stays on the counter. When my sister moved out last month, the shared bathroom transformed from a hair care surplus, into a near institutional washroom. LOL I never wear make-up, or style my hair.

Whenever I'm living with other people, I keep my stuff out of shared/public rooms, so I've never had issues with my clutter affecting my BF's.