We have all (or most of us) had at least one crush throughout our lives. We don’t even know why we fell in love with that person. We notice them, we idolise them and think of many silly ways to impress them, make them notice us, or even approach them. I personally think those situations are adorable, especially when we’re really young and inexperienced as we go past all their mistakes and feel intoxicated with how good it makes us feel just being around them. No material matters in game, no contemplating the future of you or your children, just the bliss of being in love. Of course the previous sentence relates to school situation, mostly.
This MyTake, which is my first one, will talk about behaviour of a shy girl when she likes someone. I will try to sum up the signs she likes you based on my experience, as much as I can, as I am the shy girl.
As she’s shy, it definitely means she’s feeling insecure in her actions. Obvious signs are definitely not to be expected from her. She won’t give them out before she feels secure again. However, there are little clues that WILL give her away.
1. Preening: If a SHY girl notices you and immediately starts preening, contrary to popular belief, it does NOT MEAN she is trying to look good for you. It basically means you were on her mind. Really good sign.
Example: girl is hanging out somewhere with her friends. Her crush comes in all of a sudden. She notices him and therefore looks at his face. As he notices she looked at him, the girl quickly grabs a part of her hair to twirl it around her finger.
Psychology: You were on her mind. All of a sudden she notices you. As you look at her she is thinking “Oh my god! He caught me looking! I mustn’t reveal anything that might make him think I like him!” The reason she is feeling so paranoid is 1. She is obviously shy as mentioned earlier and afraid of being judged, 2. If she didn’t have feelings for you, she wouldn’t care if you catched her. She’s afraid of being revealing as she’s already thinking of you. The purpose of preening is to conceal that and make you think she’s looked you completely accidentally. She’s sending you a message that she’s twirling her hair and definitely not worried if you suspect something. This counts for any action that happens immediately after you looking at her unexpectedly on her side. I believe this is a good sign that reveals she has strong feelings for you.
2. Eye contact: This is a little more complicated sign. One thing is for sure, if she makes eye contact with you, she feels SOMETHING for you, which may not be good every time:
Angry eye contact: if she looks straight into your eyes with a really determined vibe, almost angry but not necessarily frowning, congratulations, you’re frustrating her. Basically she is analysing your behaviour and can’t figure you out. Maybe she was sure you like her but you still won’t make a concrete move on her so she looks at you in that way because she’s losing her patience. I’m 100% sure about this. And she definitely likes you.
The Returned Eye contact: You look at her, she looks at you. Persistently. In this case, she definitely saw you looking and glancing at you. Every single time. The reason she returns eye contact is because she wants to assure you that you won’t be ignored if you approach her. She’s saying she’s too shy and is basically begging you to talk to her. Also she’s saying she picks on every single sign you like her. She’s probably confused by you not making a move on her and trying to tell you “APPROACH ME ALREADY, PLEASE!” Funny but this is how shy girls work.
3. She appears wherever you are: Guys, please. THIS ONE IS SO OBVIOUS! She’s trying to make opportunities for a conversation. You will know when she appears on places where she has nothing to do. I used to like a guy who smoked, and every time there’s a pause between classes and people smoke behind school, I still show up to be around him.
4. Walking behind you: Again, wants to make an opportunity to talk to you and feel the closeness of your body. Not any deeper reason for this behaviour. She’s simply into you.
5. Glances: Shy girls would never let you see them stare at you. So they will glance at you and admire you from afar. They are thinking about where you are and how close to her when she glances back to look at you.
6. Giggling: She wants you to see how kind, feminine and considerate she is when she’s giggling around you with a friend or talking to you. Or listening to you talk.
7. She follows your walking pace: if you start going a little further than her she will follow you like a puppy. Adorable! Definitely interested in you.
8. Raising eyebrows at you: What she’s showing is that she’s assuring she will listen to you, help you, want to be a part of your life. Good sign of interest.
9. She dresses nicely when she knows you will be around: Wearing makeup, dressing showing of her legs, curves, doesn’t have to be anything vulgar. She wants you to see what a great catch she is!
10. She asks you for help: Since she’s shy, this is one of her ways of trying to get close to you. If it has happened more than once, chances are she is trying to initiate conversation with you but has NO TOOLS to do it any other way. Please make a move on her!
PRO TIP: She strikes attractive poses! A pose that shows off her body is definitely meant to grab your attention! Bending over a table, maybe stands in a way that shows her legs or butt nicely. Also if she massages herself, touches her neck, brushes her breast, she draws your attention to her body. Another great sign.
A lot of the signs a shy girl sends are not the typical DUDE, LOOK! I LIKE YOU! Instead, they are meant to make herself look desirable, approachable, understanding and are intended to hypnotise you into making a move on her.
So guys, if you like a shy girl and notice at least 2 signs of these, chances are she likes you too! She could be dying to be close to you and you have no clue!