The Most Pointless Questions Repeatedly Asked on G@G

Do you ever scroll through the g@g feed and just think; Ugh, not this question again? There are some questions that seem to make their way to the feed time and time again, although asking them seems futile. At least to me, that is.

A person looked at me for an x amount of time, what does this mean?

The most pointless questions repeatedly asked on g@g.

There are a lot of smart and helpful people on g@g with excellent insight to human behavior. They aren’t mind readers, though. Just looking at a person for a certain amount of time means absolutely nothing. Furthermore, only getting the asker’s own perception of what happened makes it impossible to objectively examine the situation. Most of these questions are worded in a way that suggest what kind of answer they want to get. They want people to tell them that the person in question likes them. Looking at someone doesn’t automatically mean that, though. Maybe there was something stuck to your face. Maybe something interesting was happening behind you. Maybe they looked at you for a split second but in your head, it felt like fifteen minutes because oh my lord they finally looked at you. We don’t know. Only the person looking at you knows.

Does this person like me?

You probably know what I’m going to say if you read the paragraph before this. None of us are mind readers. I understand why people ask this question, though. They want some kind of confirmation that the person in question might like them before they go ahead and make themselves vulnerable by asking the person straight up. However, a bunch of strangers speculating your situation with only your side of the story to go off from isn’t going to do you any good. If you want to know whether someone likes you, ask them. I know it’s easier said than done but it’s the only way to know for sure.

How do I look?

Don’t get me wrong, if you really want to know what other people think about you, ask away. Just be prepared that not everyone is going to be nice. What I don’t understand is people asking this same question over and over again like peoples’ opinions would change. If you need that confidence boost every day, you might want to ask yourself why you need the validation of strangers so badly, and so frequently.

Which gender is more x?

Questions pitting genders against each other always get a ton of replies. Mainly because people are arguing like crazy over which gender is better. It’s the age-old question. If you’re doing it for the exper points, knock yourself out. However, questions like this are futile. More often than not whatever the question is asking depends on someone’s personality rather than their gender. We don’t achieve anything by making blanket statements like that. There will be people who fit the stereotype and there will be people who don’t.

Does size matter?/Is my penis big enough?

Stop being so worried about the size of your genitals. There will always be yes and no answers to this question. Some people think it matters a great deal and some people think it doesn’t. It’s not like you can do something about the size (except get surgery, which I personally think is idiotic). If you want your partner to care about the size, find someone who does. If you don’t want them to care about it, find someone who doesn’t. There’s no unified opinion on this because people are different, and they care about different things.

Is it normal to be a virgin at age x?

Yes. The answer is yes. If you want to wait until marriage, that’s great. If you don’t want to wait, that’s great, too. People should be able to decide when they’re ready to start having sex (not that you can snap your fingers and decide it's happening now), and it shouldn’t matter what age they are when that happens. People have different views of sex and that’s okay. You can’t push your views on other people. It’s their body and they are allowed to decide when they’re ready for other people to be touching it. Even if you would have been ready ages ago, it doesn’t mean that you’re going to instantly find the right person to have sex with. It takes time. Don’t put yourself in an uncomfortable position (pun intended) just because you think you shouldn’t be a virgin at your age.

Do men/women like x?

I get that you’re just trying to figure out what the gender you’re interested in would like the most. But isn’t it pointless to ask what the majority likes? It doesn’t guarantee that the person you happen to have your eyes on is going to agree with the majority. People have very different tastes when it comes to appearance, and as cliché as it sounds, attractiveness is subjective. Stop trying to fit in a mold shaped by the majority’s opinion. Just be you and find a person who finds that attractive.

These are the questions I wish people would stop asking. What are some questions you find annoyingly pointless?

2334

Most Helpful Guy

• Any amount of questions related to Muslims
    The truckload on Feminism
    Most of the Trolling ones by Blue Anons
    The endless array about the aesthetics of a woman's Vulva

Lastly, all the ones I pose :p

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• This is so funny and so true ^^
    If anyone asks again and if the question is generally ambiguous enough, I'll point them to this take heheh

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 33

• Those genital size questions are the worst. I'd have a system implemented, which automatically hides those questions with the keywords.

Here are some more pointless questions:

He said X. What does it mean?

How do i trust him again after he cheated on me?

How do i tell him this? (unless the asker wants to rephrase the sentence better and less offensive)

• I've been here before but got many things to do so i deleted the account, now am back, same freaking shit but still better than some other shit apps or sites

• Thanks for sharing your Take with GirlsAskGuys Community. You forgot one question.

Why Indian Guys are Creepy?

Daily someone block me just because I am Indian.

• Yeah, sure, these questions have been asked too many times, but what people are really looking for is to have their particular situation addressed, i. e., they want to be heard and, usually, reassured. I think we can generally accomodate that- imagine how much some of them are hurting inside because they feel that they can't talk to someone they know and get answers to what's bugging them.

• Is it gay for a guy to wear pink?

If a guy loves being fuck by a woman, is he gay?

People on this site can be stupid, gay means when you are only interested in the same sex not what colors you wear or if a woman fucks his ass lol

• Guys, do you like boobs or butts more!

^ i see that EVERY SINGLE DAY!

• the llama gif killed me xDD. What about the ones where they are like does he still like me? Then when you read the info it says the same thing. I didn't do anything because I was shy. -__-

• Haha I can absolutely relate to your take. I think this is an interesting platform where we get to observe so many different personalities. Still this one thing is common in most of the people, everybody is looking for other people's permissions to do things. It's just a natural tendency that makes them feel better to be heard.

• What about the guy who always asks some version of why "White" women don't like "White" men?

• I'm getting sick of that guy who keeps talking about Chinese Fried rice

• I wish there was an internal sharing button on G&G too. This post is absolutely on point! :D
    Another type of question, "Is he/she cheating on me?"... like yea, I just had a personal conversation with ur partner to know that exactly! :p

• Ooooor:
    I cheated, do we still have a chance?
    He/She cheated, should I forgive him?

• The penis size is the most annoying one in my opinion.

• Indeed, especially the first two, and the "does size matter" type of questions. Fantastic Take 👍

• Why are guys ____ ? or Why do guys ____? Specifically questions like this which are meant to imply something specific as true, but I'm never sure what they're trying to say.

It's like "Why are guys intimidated by smart girls?" It just makes me think... "are they? Is that true?" Are you trying to imply that's the reason guys aren't interested in you? Are you asking for some kind of confirmation that the issue is with guys and not with you? Like... it's obvious that this implies, suggests, or claims something that may or may not be true. I dunno it just bugs me so much.

• Questions of the form "she didn't finish her tea, what does this mean?"

• Just like some guys ask about penis, girls do ask about boobs lol

• If all of those questions ceased to be asked, there would be nothing to read on this site.

• I agree with you on here.

How do I look but follow it up with something like no negative comments, do not be harsh, if you do not have anything nice to say please do not comment etc.

What should I get my boyfriend/girlfriend for their birthday? How am I suppose to know when they tell us nothing about their boyfriend/girlfriend.

What color are my eyes
    Unless you are colorblind and or never been told what color they are then I do not understand how you do not know what color they are.

I went through my SO's phone and found out they lied to me or they cheated on me is how do I trust them now?
    First of all neither can be trusted now since one hid something important from the other and one went through there SO's phone without permmission.

What should I wear on a first date?
    They do not say what type of date it is and how the weather will be so how should I give any suggestions.

• What do you think of Turkish people?

• I don't see what my opinion on Turkish people has to do with this myTake.

• Oh OK. So you got it by being a dibber dobber.
      No wonder they don't ask me.
      Ratting is not how I roll. I'm a believer in freedom of speech and am against censorship.

• I'm a believer of annoying the shit out of people.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 22

• I thought it was a site of asking people, if you don't what is the purpose of coming here? Yeah, you may find some questions repetetive or not upto your taste but that's your opinion and you can't dictate what people may or may not say. If you don't like some questions ignore them, easy as that.

• I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said this is just my opinion, like you said. I don't know if you read the other comments but some people can relate to my agony of seeing these questions over and over again. I'm not dictating anything. I'm just making it known what my opinion about questions like this is. And as people are free to keep posting questions like this, I'm free to state my opinion about it.

• I do find these questions annoying too, I didn't say I'm not. However there is nothing wrong about asking them, some need validation, some want compassion. You may have said it's just your opinion but You asked people to stop asking these questions. 'These are the questions I wish people would stop asking.'

• Because I honestly wish people would stop asking these questions. Now, do they have to do as I said? No. Will I throw a hissyfit if they don't? I might.

• Good One Here, dear!!!
    However, Being a Master and Being on Gag for 4 Years Now... Somehow, you get Used to the Stupidity and you just go and Pick and Choose which One, hun, You will Reply to this Girl or this Guy to. xx

• I do not understand the motives behind questions concerning compatibility based on astrology. I find them negligent of personal differences.

Sometimes, I see questions along these lines: "He's/She's a/an and I am a/an. How do I attract him/her?" To me, it doesn't make any sense.

• Also "Am I fat?" "Is this a good ass?"

The fact is, if your excess weight isn't bothering , you are able to move, then you are not fat. If you have trouble walking a few steps or reaching some body parts with your hand then you are in trouble. Also, there is nothing really that we can complain about when it comes to booty but if you are willing to make it look better, there are several YouTube workouts you can do at home to get a perky butt.

• Why do men like women more than women like men?
    Why do girls say they want nice guys when they actually don't?

• Are u a slut if you like sex?
    I want an Indian woman to be pure, what do you think?
    Is it ok to have a side chick?
    My friend, how are you today?

• Not gonna lieHow do i look, and penis size questions annoy tf out of me

• "Are short girls cute?"

• PREACH

• AHAHHAHAHAH!

Thanks for the good laugh.

• Very true.

• So truee

• lovely. nothing to contest with.

• you made really good points here, I like that!

• You spoke right.

• Can people ask other types of questions for once? I'd rather see questions like "Do aliens exist?", "What do you think about this quotes?".

• "How can I get my ex back?" and "Does he/she like me?"

• Yes, "How Do I Look" questions are the worst.

• People who ask, " I cheated on my SO!!! Should I tell?"

• More from Girls
    2