Blocking someone who disagrees with you means you're stupid.

This shouldn't take too long.

So... hey GaG! You're great! Or... most of you are, anyway.

Have you, yes you, graduated from the third grade? Do you have an IQ above single digits? You have? You do? Then congratulations! That means you're at least old enough to learn that not everyone in life thinks everything you say makes sense.

There's going to be a tough road ahead, skipper, and generally when you are discussing ideas that you have in your head, the smart move is to have an actual reason, logic, and/or possible evidence backing your beliefs, or else it's possible that people around you, in real life and online, are going to point out to you that you might be, you know... wrong.

I know it hurts! Those mean people! But have no fear... it's okay. You can handle it. I believe in you. You're tough, and you can take some criticism. It's going to be fine.

Unless... of course, you're one of the many people on GaG who can't take any criticism and can't handle people telling you things that you don't like-- and the list of them is long, sadly.

But hopefully you, the one reading these words, are not like that. Please, please never become that way. We can't "block" people in real life, nor should we. Being afraid of opposing ideas, especially when someone proves you wrong, is one of the key problems that hate groups and insane religious zealots have, for example, and becoming someone akin to their intellectual failure is actually way, way easier than you think. It's a slippery slope.

People are going to tell you you're wrong even when you're not, and sometimes they're going to prove you wrong when you are wrong. That's simply part of life. It's part of living.

*Get over it, grow up, grow some balls or ovaries, and don't block people like many of the morons on GaG do.* It's pathetic. #blockingisstupid #GaGcommunity

~ Thankkks. Hugs and kisses.

1023
Anon-ymous1 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 9

• I don't block people because I disagree with them, I block them because they're fucking morons and I've decided I don't feel like dealing with again in the future.

• If someone consistently crosses my boundaries, calls me names, slurs or otherwise tries to get at me without reasonable discourse, I reserve the right to block

• I don't think anyone's "right" or ability is at issue here.

• Um... yes. I see that.

• 4d

Well yes and no. If they disagree with me and are mature about it providing factual information without hostility then yeah blocking them would indicate that. However if they disagree with me and they're just slamming me with infantile bullshit and their argument has no logic, no fact, and reading it causes you to lose a couple brain cells... then no.

• Lol. Thanks for the laugh and I think this will be the last comment I make until I wake up... lol.

I wouldn't call them stupid, because I understand why someone would block another. I personally wouldn't, but it does get annoying when someone wants to have the last say and won't let the conversation die.

Or if someone doesn't give you a chance to respond and rabidly assumes they're right. (It's a reason why I refrain from commenting on people's responses. I used to have a bad habit of "tweaking" people's responses but now, if I don't care about the conversation, I might respond once or twice and that's all).

I understand what you're saying though. I think people should do as they do in the real world because there isn't a blocker there.

• Not always.

• True.

• I agreeeee

• Tough decisions.

• I don't understand the whole thought behind it

What Guys Said 22

• when I have to repeat the same information more than 2 times the person in question has the iq of a dying bug and I really do not want to deal with having stupid all over my notification. For me I do indeed block stupid people because they try oh so hard to prove me wrong and when I consistently shit in there mouth with fact after fact proving over and over I am right and they are incapable of understanding I just cut it short and remove the problem. quite similar to how any sufficiently intelligent person can erase someone from there existence. Sure it takes a lot of mental focus and strength but with enough practice anyone in life who is no longer worth the air they breathe you just erase them from your existence. then when you see said person you have no recollection of them and they don't even spark an emotional response you just stare through them like they are already dead. I have done it numerous times and it is apparently terrifying to watch. as my expression goes from emotion to blank in seconds and then it just stays that way whenever that person shows up.

• I disagree. I haven't blocked anyone but I can see why people would. There are idiots that I've defeated in debate that won't stop replying, they actually follow me around on here and continue to write the same thing.

I'm really busy, I don't have the time to read their tantrums. So I see the purpose of the block button. It's probably good for people with limited time and jobs.

• Yes this Take is on point. Also, people conflate being obnoxious with being abusive and it's not the same thing. They need echo chambers or safe spaces or need to dial whine-1-1 and request a wah-mbulance...

• Who cares, if I don't want to talk to someone I block them. Regardless if they have talked to me or not.

• Thanks. That makes a whole lot of sense being that i'm blocked just because i disagree with someone. I mentioned in one instance how I am against letting people in without checking them and they called me paranoid and blocked me.

• Sorry you got blocked by others for making sense the other day. However that was an entertaining 24 hours... lol

• Good. I won't block anyone, except one who says something subversive, like that having sex with little kids is OK.(Reality check:it's not.)

• I have no idea how that's really related but alright.

• @cherryphi82 You're right, it's not. Excellent.

• I only block those who block me.

But that being said blocking people who are purely rhetorical and unmoving when it comes to actual conversations regarding a conflict of opinion, it's best to just block them if you've reached the limit of your patience.

I haven't done this personally, but it's pretty apparent when someone is too stupid to be worth your time.

• Some people aren't trying to have a productive conversation and almost exclusively focus on ad-hominem attacks. Those fuckers get blocked or quickly block me first (looking to you pink social justice warriors). Blue users on this site.. have never blocked me actually.

People who simply disagree are safe though, go wild with the nutty beliefs. Be a neo-nazi or whatever, I'll debate you for hours.

• Ever since I began trolling I've noticed that some people are simply so hard set in their beliefs, no amount of evidence, logic or facts will change their mind.

The best thing to do then is to walk away.

• That's just giving up. A defeatist attitude. Sad...

• @NYCQuestions1976 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

A snowflake is a libtard who is afraid of inanimate guns and wants free stuff. Also willing to give up their rights for security. Something that would have made Jefferson sick to his stomach.

• 4d

Yeah. Gag should have the feature to indicate if the user is blocked by the OP or Asker to humiliate the blockers. No body knows who blocks who tho so they abuse it.

• LOl if you see the way I "argue" you'd block me too

• Blocking trolls is a legitimate reason or just pure annoyance

• When you have a "blocked" fan club you know you're triggering the right people.

• LOL i agree.. i only block people that insult and cuss at me.

• I agree. I don't block people

• I agree

• thank you

• 4d

Look at this little bitch who got blocked lmao.

• block the morons

• I agree. I never use the block because i'm not a dumbass.

• True indeed

• So that must mean every feminist on GAG is stupid.

• It means the people who are thusly described are stupid. Whether those people label themselves as "feminist" or not is neither here nor there.

• I didn't say feminists were the only ones who block.