Why I won't accept everyone's follow request

tallandsweet

Here are the main reasons I'll reject people's follow requests:

They don't interact with me on a regular basis

If I've never seen them respond to one of my questions, share an opinion on a poll etc., I don't see a point why I should accept their follow request.

They're XPER 1

I'd like to have more interaction with my questions, and if someone is brandnew to this site, it doesn't make sense to let them follow you because they're likely to realise that this site is fairly toxic and just drop our entirely. No dead accounts follow me.

They mainly follow female accounts

I don't want to be another number. It's weird when people follow significantly more pink accounts than blue ones.

Photo by Lethu Zimu on Unsplash
Photo by Lethu Zimu on Unsplash

They have weird, cringey or creepy usernames

Seld-explanatory. If they'e particularly helpful, I'll let them follow me, but some are just weird and don't do anything to help people out either.

They are consistently unhelpful, hurtful, offensive, shallow or insulting

I think this one is quite clear. Why would I let someone like that follow me?

Photo by Andrey Zvyagintsev on Unsplash
Photo by Andrey Zvyagintsev on Unsplash

The bottom line

I put a lot of thought into the things I write on here, I want to be helpful, share my opinions but also support them with evidence. To me, this is a way to enhance my English skills, too - and I can share my deeper thoughts.

Photo by Steve Johnson on Unsplash
Photo by Steve Johnson on Unsplash

What makes you reject someone's follow request?

33
14
14Girl Opinion
33Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• ShadowofRegret

Same here, some other points for me is when an account is following over 200 other users, yet has barely if any followers.

Also, if they repeatedly ask the same, nonsensical questions like "he blinked, does he want to have children with me?" or "my job involves watching women use the toilet and?" or if they have a link in their bio.

Usually those all point to either a bot or someone who is only following others so they can invite them en masse to their repetitive questions.

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Yup that’s definitely a good hint! Thanks for sharing that. I have a link in my bio to another question I like, and I follow users who put effort into their bio because I think it’s interesting when people do that :D
      A lot of people overinterpret around here, I also don’t support this :)

• My pleasure!

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a link like that, the ones I am talking about are those bots that have bios dedicated to advertising something.

Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear on that...😅

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1432
  • JimRSmith

I could not have said this any better myself.

I agree with all those points, and feel that the sooner more people start thinking about this, and ceasing interaction with those kinds of accounts, the better this site would be.

LikeDisagree 8 People
    Reply
  • Jean-Marie_Céline

I follow your same reasonings.
    If they seem particularly bad, like someone costantly harassing girls, asking fetish questions or someone who had the pfp of a notorious Nazi war criminal (it happened), I just outright block and report them.

Like 3 People
    Reply
    • Me too - especially when I know I’ll just hate seeing them respond to other opinions or questions of mine...

• Exactly.
      I had some spammer comment under every girl's opinion on my questions.
      I politely asked him to stop, and his answer was "Mind your f*cking business".
      Instantly blocked.

• FreshOutaIdeas

I thought this would've been common sense. By all means your free to write what you've wrote, and I completely agree there are too many creepers on sites like this...

It makes me tempted to do a take on how people tend to ignore posts which make people actually think for once.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Yeah, I thought so too, but since some users send me Follower request after Follower request, I figured it may help to write something on this :)

You should!

• I can understand how annoying that can get! No harm in writing it! Well keep a look out if I do, when I catch a moment.

• NineBreaker

I keep getting these random follow requests from some women who have absolutely no contributions. I literally mean their accounts have bo opinions, questions, takes, or bios. Just a picture and a user name. Why?

Most of the time, I'll get requests from users who at least have some level of contribution, and I have no issue following the overwhelming majority of them.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Is there a link in their bio? They're probably trying to sell you something/install malware on your device when opening thelink.

• Yeah, probably. I like to be cautious anyway.

• Moonchild714

I agree. I don't send many follow requests I will reciprocate if I accept. I don't accept any requests though unless there is interactions and I also check out their Questions and Comments they post on other Questions before accepting their Follow Request...

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • Randomawkwardness

I don't have a private account and I don't really care who follows me - I just don't follow back. I think I've only experienced a handful of users who are nasty and really, there is no way to get rid of them. I had one blocked and somehow she is unblocked and calling me a whore again but I just ignore it now. I really only follow people when I like how their personality shows through their posts and how positive they are.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • ivbnlknfru

I can understand some of your reasons. But isn't this called Girls ask Guys? So shouldn't the guys be following more girls than guys? Also if a guy or girl needs advice on the opposite sex then they should get their opinion from the opposite sex to understand the situation better. As far as weird screen names, its to share you're identity or thoughts and remain an1

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • ivbnlknfru

-Anonymous. I see your screen name is not your real name also but is descriptive. And as far as xpher 1, well if they just joined why not give them a chance and see how they are...😊

• Fair enough - I feel like when it comes to usernames it’s more important that you can cite them whenever you like without having to copy and paste, though this is just a personal preference. For example, I’d have a hard time citing yours.

• ivbnlknfru

Its really an abbreviation, IV'e BeeN LooKiNg FoR yoU

• kangy

If the person is always talking about sexual topics, I would not accept the request.

Like 5 People
    Reply
    • Yeah, me too. I want to see other questions as well

• kangy

some guys here refused to give up and continue to send request

• Plitty-Tank

Very true. I comment to your questions a lot. I enjoy seeing you around and love your boldness and proudness of being a tall woman and you're likely a sweetheart too.

Is my username too creep? I follow 7 pink and 2 blue. Is that too high of a ratio. It's not a creep thing. I just don't get along with many males here.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Nah, you’re good, you basically don’t follow anyone so there’s that - and I don’t even know what your username is supposed to mean.

• loveslongnails

I'll reject follow requests from most teen-agers unless they've impressed me with their words. Otherwise, I accept them, both male and female, and if they later become annoying, I boot them.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • brittany23

Yes I also agree with this, though I do usually interact with females more. I'll open my follows to guys when I feel like getting bombarded with dick pics again

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • JigyW

Well I never rejected anyone's follow cuz I don't really get many, I also don't follow many people only follow people that I talk to more often than others. for me anyone that wants to follow me I'll follow back regardless of their level or name, but thanks for this post I will be paying more attention to the post that the people I follow make moving forward 🤔🤔

Reply
  • emmily2396

I don't filter much who I accept, however I only follow people I interacted with and I like their personality

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • COMMODOREII

I agree with the new accounts sometimes you can tell they are fake. I also like making friends in the sense that we interact regularly. If it doesn't happen I've been known to stop following users. I have more pink but in real life i have always been more comfortable around girls all of my life and since i have a lot friends who are girls they would kill me or nag me if i don't follow them. 😂

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • thehottiein513

I am new on here this is my first time and I'm the type of person who when I feel or see someone Saturday on the first thing I instantly want to do is hope that I can make them nothing else feel better or smile. Being a mother of four I have one daughter she's not when I see young girls upset said I instantly want to help that's what I do I like to talk to people make them feel better about their self did that picture of you with the braids honey you have more freckles than I do so that makes you extra cute freckles are not that easy to get you can't buy me you can't rental you don't have to take my opinion I just hope you heard some of the things that I said I do not I never have and I never will let anybody else's opinion of me bother me more than the time it took them to open their mouth I don't have time for people who are negative I keep them away from me we have enough going on in this world me worried about what else somebody else is doing with their life and they had a problem with you

Reply
    • Honey, your grammar is off and you seriously need to use punctuation marks.
      I have no idea what you are trying to tell me. this is what I was talking about in this take.
      Learn from it, get a grip on your grammar please, I will probably remove your opinion because there is no use in reading the long piece your wrote when nobody gets it.
      Just thought I'd tell you because you're still a rookie.

• SomeGuyCalledTom

I never knew requests were a thing. I just get notifications that someone is following me. I dont really follow anyone else on here unless I like the way they think on multiple subjects. I have np doubt that some guys just follow pink accounts to try and slide into DMs. That's just 'internet 101' lol

Reply
  • Apple1996

I accept almost everyone, I'm way to nice to mot accept a follow. Especially if I talked to them over a question

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Dinklex3

Ah.
    I reject everyone's follow request and I don't follow anyone.
    I'm not a "regular" here anymore so I find it pointless.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • padreflint

I'm fine with that. I haven't asked any questions myself yet. I've given my opinions on quite a few. If someone wants to follow me or asks me to follow them I'm cool with it. I will unfollow/block anyone who is continually being a jerk though.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Aravind6307

In this world there are followers and then there is us. I don't like to follow anyone. I don't read anyone's status on WhatsApp ot Instagram, but people enjoy the content that I share. I guess I too dont belong to the that followers category.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Show More (26)