Effective and Ineffective Uses of GAG

What do you mean...I better be careful what I say?

GOOD

Gaining insight into relationship challenges - You'll get opinions and some are helpful, some are mean spirited. Filter well. Out of this, good relationships can be formed with the right people

Sharing your wisdom - This works. Just be careful not to base your emotions on negative backlash.

Informing others of world events - it can raise awareness of the plight of others and your reality, feelings. This can lead to awareness and support. YEA!

BAD

Trying to convince someone of your political wisdom - Good luck! You will lose...

Dating - This is a maybe. It may work and it may be really awful. You gotta be careful wherever you go dating. Make sure you really know that person before you trust your life to them.

How do I look - Do so at your risk. People can be mean. This isn't the best place to get your ego boost, but if you must...

UGLY

Extending a question to deeper and adjacent conversation points - I've never seen it work. Writing is the worst form of communication to get consensus. Ends up in people defending what they think. Only do this if you are asked and you know it is going to usually go bad.

Trusting others - don't do that. This is not a family, it's the craziest bunch of yahoos you've ever met. Don't believe what you read or hear. Think for yourself.

....

Effective and Ineffective Uses of GAG
1
8

Most Helpful Guys

• RolandCuthbert
    I came here to talk about relationships. And found nothing but thread after thread on politics and race.

Now, it is like 80% of what is posted here. I have talked about masculinity. I talked about male confidence. I posted a lot of movie reviews and talked about science.

But the only threads that generated interest were ones on race. Well, I call it culture but whatever.

I think you experienced the same thing. In the beginning, you wanted to give advice and talk about relationships. But it appears the forum had an effect on you. I won't be around much longer. As my clients are coming back online and I have been asked to lead townhalls on race and culture. But the remainder of my time will be spent posting on those subjects.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I came here for the same, it's slid into politics/social a lot in last year. Seems to go in phases.
      I guess I feed off the media circus as well, it's what's on the mind. Next will be the election.
      Something where people connect more and communicate verbally makes sense.

• Yeah, the next election will definitely have an effect on this forum. No matter, I won't be here as much. I will use this forum as a reference point. My group has a hard time understanding how racism manifests online. This place is excellent for talk about one aspect of that. The obsession with "Black" people.

Occasionally there are rants on Islam. Back when Covid-19 was at its height, we had some threads on blaming China and Chinese people. And a couple of years ago, there was threads on immigration.

• Texaskid1
    I came here to spread my vast knowledge and wisdom to the unwashed masses of G@G.

Alas , what I work with everyday:
    G@G... EAT !!!
    G@G... EAT !!!
    Is this still revelant?
    • It's not easy... I think it's something in the water...

Most Helpful Girl

• KingdomForAKiss
    I've learned the hard way from my choices on Gag through both:
    Dating
    Trusting others
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

06
  • American_Centurion
    I find it a good platform for telling the truth
  • not329446
    I came here believing it could be useful in understanding younger people..
    I have since discovered this is down right hilarious.
    • might be able to, but they are different. you have to ask right questions. this is like a "pond" in the world... you'll get a sampling.

• Liam_Hayden
    effective: being exposed to new music and the wisdom of others

ineffective: pretty much everything else.
  • zagor
    GOOD - Keeps me from finding out how pathetic TV is after midnight when once again I can't get to sleep.
  • NYCQuestions1976
    I'm an effective pillar in this community and effective morale for the masses.
  • Nothing wrong with using gag how you don’t like.

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!