Being a Hot Guy Costs!

Inbox

A good handful of you liked my previous mytake, “Never Give Up Men!” Hopefully, many of you will find this mytake just as enlightening. A lot of guys on GAG think that you need to be rich, good looking, or have a hot bod to get girls. While having these things do help, I’d like for all of you to look at the second factor more in depth: being a hot guy is not as easy as you think.

Disclaimer: for you girls who are 9s or 10s, you’ll probably be able to relate to some these patterns.

Back in college, girls often told me I was around an 8 - 8.5. About a year or two later, I became a 9 - 9.5. I miss the days when I was an 8 - 8.5. Sounds counter intuitive eh?

1. You have to deal with A LOT more teases and manipulators

The logic behind it is that girls sometimes see you as a high value man automatically. The pattern over the past 5 years is predictable: I ask a girl out, she says: 1) I have a boyfriend, 2) I’m talking to someone, 3) I’m married, or 4) could be anyone of the previous 3, but doesn’t tell you so you’ll stick around. The WORST are the damn girls with boyfriends and/or ones who are talking to someone.

After I move on or no longer speak to them, assuming they’re within physical proximity (same class, gym, residential building, workplace, etc), those type of women become EXTREMELY CONTROLLING and WILL NOT leave you ALONE - they keep giving out false signals of interest in order to keep me as an option in case things don’t work out with their current man [this goes on for months, or even years]. They get even more aggressive if they see me talking to other girls that leads us to #2.

Being a Hot Guy Costs!

2. Jealousy plots

Some girls, usually the teasers and manipulators, go as far as trying to sabotage the other girls I’m talking to by becoming their “friend,” or in general like to collect information like a stalker would. On rare occasions, they even try bring the girl "down," or try to interrupt my conversations with the girl(s) I’m actually trying to speak with.

Being a Hot Guy Costs!

3. Unstable social life

The harsh truth boys: women are more aggressive to get attention when they’re in relationships. Why? They’re not going out to places as much as when they were single where they would be approached or gawked at. It’s not uncommon for me to lose male friends over time because their girlfriends or wives begin to show interest. Naturally, I would NEVER break the bro code, but the worst part is that I’m NOT doing anything to get their attention. On some occasions, I’ve even have to deal with bitter male bartenders at bars or restaurants I go to because the female bartenders like to gawk or talk about me. Also, your female friends may also begin to like you, but you don’t like them back!

4. Perks

1) Getting laid is easier, 2) the moms of girlfriends give you a plus, and 3) girls are a lot nicer to you, but as you know by now, there is a very high price to being…a hot guy.

Being a Hot Guy Costs!
5
11

Most Helpful Guys

• winterfox10
    This has DEFINITELY been my life experience. I'm not even sure what makes me a desirable guy either. All I know is that ladies seem to love me, dudes seem to hate me, and bitches want to knock me down a peg.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Guanfei
    Yeah, well, it's still much better than being an ugly pile of human scraps.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• MaverickAngel
    That's exactly what it's like to be a hot girl I think. Point 3 was interesting.. thought that was just a female thing...
    Is this still revelant?
  • Nice take
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

39
  • capncool
    For 1 I used to deal with a lot more when I was less attractive because there's a general perception that less attractive men tend to have less options.

Dealt with 2 quite a bit, and I'm dealing with 3 on a regular basis now. One thing I'd like to add is when you're good looking tend to get haters from almost seemingly out of nowhere.
    • Inbox

That’s definitely true!

• 15Nightingale51
    Thank you for sharing your experience! I was always curious how men saw it. Also, I was pretty sure it couldn't be all rainbows and unicorns for the 9s and 10s!
    • Inbox

Thanks 15Nightingale51! My ex was a 9, and a model. Her life was similar to mine, and we would often joke that we should have been 8s!

• What makes an 8 go up to a 9 or 10?

• Inbox

Genes

• 

• MollyTheOriginal
    This seems egotistical, and generalizing... It paints the picture of all women being unable to control themselves for a scrap of an "attractive" guy's attention (which is subjective.) Almost like a celebrity. Over the top, don't you think?
    • Inbox

I can understand your POV, but I’m just speaking from experience, other friends, and other girls I’ve spoken to. As always, the data can be interpreted differently.

Not every girl will see me as attractive, but the inference that some people are not getting is that it doesn’t take a genius to figure out when in one part of your life you had some attention to a lot more attention later - think of it when a girl goes from being flat chested to having DDs!

Regarding women being “unable to control” themselves, I’m sure you know that women tend to be more emotional. Does that mean women have no impulse control? Of course not - some of the most devoted and greatest followers (especially in religion and other fields) are actually women. One way of looking at the data again is if you’re my ex girlfriend.

She had men falling in love with her overtime even though she never did anything! I never had this power, I only had it when women sometimes get excited or interested to see a pretty boy. The point of this mytake is to show is that the stereotype that being attractive is not always the answer. Also, the fact is that women tend to keep their options open even in relationships (except marriage typically) simply because that’s just the power of a woman and henceforth those are usually the controlling manipulators I have to deal with constantly.

• I still don't agree about generalizing women as being manipulators and keeping their options open in a relationship anymore than men do, nor about women being more emotional than men (men are just as emotional but do not express it as much as women due to it being less socially acceptable behavior, and thus will act out with more anger or with substance use, for example, as maladaptive coping mechanisms), but I do see your point about attracting superficial attention having good looks; I just don't think it's as big a problem as you're making it out to be, certainly in comparison to someone who is seen as "ugly".

• Inbox

Again, you’re looking at the data differently. Although, it was expected that there will be people who wouldn’t be able to relate. You’re a psychotherapist in training right? Look at my other mytake “Never Give Up Men,” perhaps that will make things a little clearer.

Also, how experienced are you in the Game? Perhaps you already know, but I found a lot of people don’t really know how to understand the social/dating game all that well (simply because they don’t put enough time into it). Also, since you’re bringing up social programming, you also probably already know that women are brought up to be indirect in a lot of (especially when it comes to showing interest in a guy) situations.

Over time that indirection can be abused into Machiavellianism. Now, in regard to my personal situation, since you don’t believe me, have you ever dated or spoken to a woman who is know to be very attractive? Their lives have smiliar stories/pattern as mine, but as always everyone’s life is different, but since you’re an academic, denying that humans do not fall into some form of pattern is just as illogical as saying everyone looks the same (ugly = attractive).

• Eryxx
    I never really got too close to a girl so I wouldn't know but man, my social life has been really unstable since a last few years.
    • Inbox

Right now you're still learning how to develop your social and emotional intelligence since you're 18. My advice is to get out there as much as possible because it gets easier and harder as you get older.

• loveslongnails
    "but as you know by now, there is a very high price to being…a hot guy."
    Bulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll shit !!! Maybe you just can't handle it. Try being fugly and then talk about a high price to pay!
    Poor baby... such a "first world problem".
    • Inbox

Ahhhh, poor baby, are you going to die? 😂😂😂😂😂

• Actually, attractiveness is subjective.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson
  • shyapples2
    I really don’t see how you could rank girls from 1 - 10 because attractiveness is subjective and I want nothing to do with a girl that’s into rich guys (gold diggers)
  • spear35
    True but doesn't social skills matter
    • Inbox

Your question doesn't make sense to me. That's like saying in order to be able to write you need to be human right? Look at the data in depth. This mytake is NOT about HOW to get girls, but to merely see through one of the many common assumptions we humans make in the dating world.

• derek2017
    THIS IS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD!!!(IVE NEVER SAID THIS TO A MYTAKE SO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKED THIS)
  • Browneye57
    An image in your own mind. pfft. LOL
    • Inbox

Don’t get mad at me, it’s not my fault you’re a stupid fossil. LOL

• Must be the same as being a stupid kid. LOL
      Seriously, you're not that hot - certainly not like YOU think you are. And all this whining - seriously un-hot.

• Inbox

Wow, you’re a poor example of someone whose been around the block. Seriously, the neurons in your brain aren’t firing like they used to are they old man? LOL. Definitely getting senile 😂😂😂

• tearout
    I have experience some not all of this
  • Hessel
    Better than being ugly