Being a Hot Guy Costs!

A good handful of you liked my previous mytake, “Never Give Up Men!” Hopefully, many of you will find this mytake just as enlightening. A lot of guys on GAG think that you need to be rich, good looking, or have a hot bod to get girls. While having these things do help, I’d like for all of you to look at the second factor more in depth: being a hot guy is not as easy as you think.

Disclaimer: for you girls who are 9s or 10s, you’ll probably be able to relate to some these patterns.

Back in college, girls often told me I was around an 8 - 8.5. About a year or two later, I became a 9 - 9.5. I miss the days when I was an 8 - 8.5. Sounds counter intuitive eh?

1. You have to deal with A LOT more teases and manipulators

The logic behind it is that girls sometimes see you as a high value man automatically. The pattern over the past 5 years is predictable: I ask a girl out, she says: 1) I have a boyfriend, 2) I’m talking to someone, 3) I’m married, or 4) could be anyone of the previous 3, but doesn’t tell you so you’ll stick around. The WORST are the damn girls with boyfriends and/or ones who are talking to someone.

After I move on or no longer speak to them, assuming they’re within physical proximity (same class, gym, residential building, workplace, etc), those type of women become EXTREMELY CONTROLLING and WILL NOT leave you ALONE - they keep giving out false signals of interest in order to keep me as an option in case things don’t work out with their current man [this goes on for months, or even years]. They get even more aggressive if they see me talking to other girls that leads us to #2.

Being a Hot Guy Costs!

2. Jealousy plots

Some girls, usually the teasers and manipulators, go as far as trying to sabotage the other girls I’m talking to by becoming their “friend,” or in general like to collect information like a stalker would. On rare occasions, they even try bring the girl "down," or try to interrupt my conversations with the girl(s) I’m actually trying to speak with.

Being a Hot Guy Costs!

3. Unstable social life

The harsh truth boys: women are more aggressive to get attention when they’re in relationships. Why? They’re not going out to places as much as when they were single where they would be approached or gawked at. It’s not uncommon for me to lose male friends over time because their girlfriends or wives begin to show interest. Naturally, I would NEVER break the bro code, but the worst part is that I’m NOT doing anything to get their attention. On some occasions, I’ve even have to deal with bitter male bartenders at bars or restaurants I go to because the female bartenders like to gawk or talk about me. Also, your female friends may also begin to like you, but you don’t like them back!

4. Perks

1) Getting laid is easier, 2) the moms of girlfriends give you a plus, and 3) girls are a lot nicer to you, but as you know by now, there is a very high price to being…a hot guy.

511

Most Helpful Guys

• This has DEFINITELY been my life experience. I'm not even sure what makes me a desirable guy either. All I know is that ladies seem to love me, dudes seem to hate me, and bitches want to knock me down a peg.

• Yeah, well, it's still much better than being an ugly pile of human scraps.

Most Helpful Girls

• That's exactly what it's like to be a hot girl I think. Point 3 was interesting.. thought that was just a female thing...

Join the discussion

39
  • For 1 I used to deal with a lot more when I was less attractive because there's a general perception that less attractive men tend to have less options.

Dealt with 2 quite a bit, and I'm dealing with 3 on a regular basis now. One thing I'd like to add is when you're good looking tend to get haters from almost seemingly out of nowhere.

• Thank you for sharing your experience! I was always curious how men saw it. Also, I was pretty sure it couldn't be all rainbows and unicorns for the 9s and 10s!

• This seems egotistical, and generalizing... It paints the picture of all women being unable to control themselves for a scrap of an "attractive" guy's attention (which is subjective.) Almost like a celebrity. Over the top, don't you think?

• I can understand your POV, but I’m just speaking from experience, other friends, and other girls I’ve spoken to. As always, the data can be interpreted differently.

Not every girl will see me as attractive, but the inference that some people are not getting is that it doesn’t take a genius to figure out when in one part of your life you had some attention to a lot more attention later - think of it when a girl goes from being flat chested to having DDs!

Regarding women being “unable to control” themselves, I’m sure you know that women tend to be more emotional. Does that mean women have no impulse control? Of course not - some of the most devoted and greatest followers (especially in religion and other fields) are actually women. One way of looking at the data again is if you’re my ex girlfriend.

She had men falling in love with her overtime even though she never did anything! I never had this power, I only had it when women sometimes get excited or interested to see a pretty boy. The point of this mytake is to show is that the stereotype that being attractive is not always the answer. Also, the fact is that women tend to keep their options open even in relationships (except marriage typically) simply because that’s just the power of a woman and henceforth those are usually the controlling manipulators I have to deal with constantly.

• I wish more women were like you, but I also understand your frustration - I also used to get frustrated for the same reason, but most women like smooth guys in my experience. You didn’t say directly that humans don’t fall into a pattern, but it seemed implied in fact (I may be looking at the data differently too now - I’m sure you get it now right?)

Normally, with academics, I usually get the same pattern: “you can’t generalize.” While you are doing precisely what your education is teaching you to do (look at the data differently and be unbiased AS YOU SHOULD), I often found many of these academics are not “field tested.” As a psychotherapist, even professionals like you or me cannot completely predict what a human will do next because even the data is based upon probabilities. My mytake is just that, merely probabilities because in my experience while BOTH men and women are capable of manipulation, it’s typically the women who is more likely to be manipulative in my biased experiences.

Lastly, just like you, my experiences are limited to only certain POVs - few women understand what men have to go through simply just to get a date and all shit we have to put up with, no more than I can only do my best to understand that being a woman is also no easy ride because their are definitely bad men out there and all the social stigma women have to put up with (whore complex and being feminine) - I could have been more clear about this though, thanks for pointing it out.

• Fair enough.
      I'm curious about what kind of bullshit you're referring guys go through to land a date? I can only assume some of it has to do with the right way to ask a girl out, and being concerned about coming off too strong. On that point I will admit that it's true, too much directness may be perceived the wrong way, and it can come down to women's past experiences getting in the way of assuming that this guy will be the same, for example. But, sometimes guys can be creepy too and that comes off badly. I suppose that in an ideal world a guy indicates his interest by consistently being there and showing he's interested in the whole person: getting to know her first as friends before testing the waters for romance.

• I never really got too close to a girl so I wouldn't know but man, my social life has been really unstable since a last few years.

• Right now you're still learning how to develop your social and emotional intelligence since you're 18. My advice is to get out there as much as possible because it gets easier and harder as you get older.

• "but as you know by now, there is a very high price to being…a hot guy."
    Bulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll shit !!! Maybe you just can't handle it. Try being fugly and then talk about a high price to pay!
    Poor baby... such a "first world problem".

• Ahhhh, poor baby, are you going to die? 😂😂😂😂😂

• Actually, attractiveness is subjective.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• I really don’t see how you could rank girls from 1 - 10 because attractiveness is subjective and I want nothing to do with a girl that’s into rich guys (gold diggers)

• True but doesn't social skills matter

• Your question doesn't make sense to me. That's like saying in order to be able to write you need to be human right? Look at the data in depth. This mytake is NOT about HOW to get girls, but to merely see through one of the many common assumptions we humans make in the dating world.

• THIS IS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD!!!(IVE NEVER SAID THIS TO A MYTAKE SO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKED THIS)

• An image in your own mind. pfft. LOL

• Don’t get mad at me, it’s not my fault you’re a stupid fossil. LOL

• Your little shaming tactics and name calling doesn't mean jackshit. It only further demonstrates what a little man you really, and makes you WAY less than hot. Oh well.
      You're a typical millennial girlie-man that can't stand any push back on your precious little feelings. Haha.

• If it truly doesn't mean jackshit - why are you replying? Clearly, you are going senile after fucking a dinosaur for so many years; totally UN-HOT. That's also assuming you two even live long enough to complete your "session." Haha.

• Better than being ugly

• I have experience some not all of this