The Ugly Price I Paid to Look HOT For MEN!

I Used EBAY Makeup & Ended Up in the Hospital!

Long story short, I have always had low self confidence growing up. My parents were very strict and there was no such thing as doing well. If I got 87% on my math exam, my parents would ask "why not 100%?". The standards were set high, and I always felt like I could never live up to these expectations.

By the time I was 18, I was heavily in wearing tons of heavy makeup. I felt like the look of the "bitch" made me stronger and more attractive to the opposite sex. Most recently however, I made a bad decision that truly would make me regret what I did.

A few months ago, I decided to order a fake eyeshadow palette off of Ebay from China. The real thing cost about $80 at Sephora and I couldn't afford it. Things between my boyfriend and I were not going well, and as the relationship was ending- I wanted to make myself look and feel better.

Last month the eyeshadow palette finally arrived, and although I knew the dangers of putting on something that could be dangerous as I don't know the "real" ingredients, I decided to take a gamble. After all, all the youtube gurus raved about the eyeshadow and how beautiful it was, and the quality...

I applied the shadows on my eyes, and went to work. Within the hour, my eyes started to water, in fact my coworker commented that my eyes looked super red and swollen. My eyelids began to get heavy, and I could barely see. An hour later my eyes were shut from how swollen they were. I was admitted to the hospital and treated with antibiotics. They didn't know what was in the makeup, maybe it was lead? or rat feces? who knows?

To this day, my eyes are still swollen and I am not myself. Perhaps I will get a full recovery one day. I can't believe the extent I went to, to try and look better so other people would think that I am attractive. This was a hard lesson to learn.

1120

Most Helpful Guy

• "I can't believe the extent I went to, to try and look better so other people would think that I am attractive."

That wasn't really going to extremes. You sat at home and ordered something cheap from Ebay. Actually going out and paying $80 at Sephora would've been more extreme. Hope you at least left the seller negative feedback! They shouldn't be on Ebay at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• you only habve yourself to blame in that girl
    thank god it wasn t anthng worse so lesson learned for next time and hopefully a full recovery

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 19

• All I got from this post was "men are at fault... men made me like this"

Next time maybe buy at a store that buy their products from professional companies. I mean who the fuck trusts EBay now.

I bought wrestling figures one time and all of them were broken and loose.

However if you do blame men for all your stupid decisions. Chances are you will marry an old baggy men who has money.

• It's said when you punch your punch is stronger when you think of punching something which is 6 inches behind the target.
    Just like that goals aren't your aim you aim for 100% and you land 87%.
    Goals will always be high.
    Point is
    You need to adopt 2 principles

Inner peace and self satisfaction = satisfy with what you achieve.

Enjoy the ride = ride is what makes the goal interesting

• To be honest with you most of guys would not really care about the beauty in long term relationship and if they do it just means they fit and understand well toghether, that base on long term of relationship if you want more believe me everyone struglles for that.
    Most of the girls look really good without makeup to be more beautiful work on kindness and apreciation you will gain more from that.
    And finally there is something hot for men and they all avoid it it's called fire :))
    Take care

• it's sad that this happened to you. I hope you get better. I always thought eye makeup looks really good on a woman, but I wouldn't wish for something like this to happen.

• Glad to be a man here... No make up no nothing.. just all natural everyday all day

The wonders of being a male... you poor women can't even leave the house without putting on a mask... what a shame

• Why stop at just who knows... Lead is serious, lead poisoning will fuck up your mentality and vital organs. Didn't the hospital find out what caused your reaction?

• Hard lesson indeed.
    My advise?
    STOP PLEASING PEOPLE.
    In the sense of stop being the people's pleaser and just do yourself a favor and be yourself.
    Looks aren't THAT important!

• I hope you will get well soon. I hope you changed your views on this. You should educate young girls on this matter. Seems to be quite a common problem

• Wow, why would you buy something like that on Ebay? It's one thing to buy a fake Gucci purse, but something you put in/on your body you need to pay more attention to its origin.

• Whining and blaming others for your problems is not attractive to men. So I don't know how you say you paid a price to look attractive to men.

• they really couldn't identify what caused the reaction? lol

• Are you okay? I pray for you to be fully healed and recovered in health in the name of Jesus. Amen

• Are you Indian or Asian? That 87% bullshit is bullshit, parents need to relax.

• You did it for yourself. Not for guys.

• If only I could've stopped you from doing that...

• Cool story

• so what you're saying is, women dress, for men, not themselves, like most bitches claim?

• Well done getting 87%
    My dad also said to me and my siblings "what happened to the last 13%"
    But 100% was the goal never the expectation and we know he got a D in his maths exams. Tough luck them expecting it from you, not just wanting you to aim for it.

Also especially bad about the doggy eyeliner $80 does sound ridiculous to me as well for some makeup I guess it being Chinese might make it impractical to try and sue.

• Never buy drugs, makeup and others off ebay. Kinda Common sense. But I hope you get well soon.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm sure you will have a full recovery, but this isn't really the price of beauty. Buying an eye shadow palette from China that you knew nothing about, was your fault.

• I dont think men really wanted you to buy eBay eyeshadow made with god knows what , but who knows.

• That's so awful. I'm very sorry for what happened to you. I hope you make a full recovery ❤

• Literally everyone knows not to buy make up off ebay lmfao
    Literally no Ultas or drugstores near you?

• My sisters who both have really sensitive skin and are broke buy their makeup from kiko. Maybe you should try that.

• Well this is scary.

• So you really did it for you, not because of guys.

• I don't pay anything :D

• Are you Asian by chance?

• Its why you should never buy makeup products of eBay. Majority of the time they are china made even if the seller is from UK.

I hope you get well soon