Dating ugly dudes is the new shallow

dating ugly dudes is the new shallow.

Have you noticed? Good looking guys are the ones who are being left alone nowadays. Why is this?

I have many approaches on this:

They are a very small percentage of the population, so chances are that popular guys are not inside this category. (Girls go mainly after popular guys)

Girls judge them instantly by their looks, they think they're not nice persons or that they may cheat on them.

Girls are conflicted with their standards or their moral, they won't allow themselves to fall for a cute guy because that wouldn't be right, "I cannot be that shallow" they may think, in most cases they don't even reach that point because they think that they're attracted to him only based on looks, so they seek that one special guy instead, the one with the hearty feelings, even if the cute guy was that guy.

What do you think? Am I wrong? I think that even good looking guys deserve a chance, honestly. I've been seeing a lot of nice girls going for ugly dudes that treat them like shit or that are not that great boyfriends.

3532

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's all have a moment of silent reflection for the poor hot men who can't ever have a chance with women because they are just too sexy. I can't even fathom the difficulties they must face in life.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I think that even good looking guys deserve a chance, honestly."

Come on this has to be a joke post :P

• This is the best troll take on GaG

• XD hahaha that wasn't my intention i swear. I actually mean it. maybe you should go to Facebook and see your hot friends and their boyfriends. just do it

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 34

• Let me have a wild guess... Are you an American beneath the age of 25 who spends a lot of time on the internet? I've seen quite a few of you guys on GAG. Did you ever consider that maybe... maybe... some women like men for their personality more then just for looks? You know, just like men do with women as well? No relationship lasts if your personalities don't match. No matter how magnificently hot/ugly you or your partner are. Also, you're a dude. Did you consider that you're definition of a "hot" guy might differ from that of girls? As a tomboy, I still can't figure out for the life of me why my friends in highschool thought that Nick Jonas was a hottie. Also, if you're still in highschool, don't take the relationship of your friends as a standard for the rest of your life. Relationships in high school tend to be more driven by hormones and tend to be more shallow. When I got into college I didn't even want a drama like relationship like my friends had. Still, I fell in love and we can talk reasonably to each other without drama. (A lot of) People mature, and so do (most) relationships.

• that was a really bad guess hahaha, but thanks for your answer, that must mean i have good-normal English . I'm in college and you don't have an idea of how many pretty girls date ugly dudes, even if they have good looking guys who treat them so nice.

• LOL I'm getting tired of people's Takes. They're all bull.

I'm guessing you perceive yourself as attractive and you're single so therefore girls don't like attractive guys and all attractive guys are single. Right. Human evolution took twenty thousand steps back and now we want to mate with ugly people.

• You are just so good looking, you are out of everyone's league.

We're all standing around waiting for Angelina to dump Brad for you.

• Quite the contrast to you then.

• ok.. I'm not sure if I'm having a blonde moment or what..

but I totally don't follow what you are trying to say @ljx34c

• I am in no way bragging when I say this. In all honesty I didn't think that much of his appearance/looks when we first started dating. However my boyfriend would be considered fairly handsome. It didn't even occur to me how handsome he was until I casually showed (upon request) a picture of him to a few of my co-workers. My female coworkers immediately expressed how handsome he was and even the male coworkers admitted he was a "nice looking guy". I was shocked at the responses. A lot of us women really don't focus too much on a guy's looks. That isn't to say I never found him attractive I mainly focused on his personality. Sooo... This is a bit wrong.

• Well you can't necessarily speak for me because if I see a hot guy that I'm attracted to I'm not afraid to get what I want (well of course he has to make the first move).

But at the same time I'm not the kind of girl that judges guys strictly on looks I'm not really the kind of girl that judges and I'll give just about anyone a chance because there a way more qualities than having good looks... So if that's what you call "shallow" then yeah I guess I am shallow.

• I think your observation is correct, your reasoning not so much.

I think it's true women realistically do not go for super attractive guys. We may wish he was with us but we're also afraid. Afraid of getting hurt. The assumption is that attractive men can have their pick of women and well have you read all those takes and posts about how it's normal for men to sleep around, around here?
    We wonder is he gonna cheat? Am I good enough. Because second assumption is that men judge look very harshly and care about little else. So I should rephrase am I good enough to am I pretty enough. In the heads of a lot of girls and guys their beauty standard is unreachable, leaving them to always feel insecure

On the upside if you are that good looking guy you can easily fix most of that by being reassuring and telling her she is the only one

• ... what even is this.

• this might have been the most silly, pointless takes I've read on GAG so far. Even more silly than the zodiac one. I use the word silly to avoid using another word that might hurt the take poster's feeling. But whatever, another generalizing butthurt guy on GAG? What else is new? -_-'

• I was hoping this kind of answer, I understand your opinions, this may seem like bullshit or really stupid but it's kind of true. think about it

• I don't read takes much but I doubt they can get any more ridiculous than this.

• it's gotten pretty popular though ^_^

• after 100 cases I think i'm allowed to judge

• Actually you're not. You can, but that doesn't mean you have the right to.

• This amazingly cute and seemingly very nice guy asked me out, but unfortunately I had to refuse... Too much eye candy can't be good for my diabetes...

You think?
    Unless the handsome guy is waiting around for girls to ask him, and even so... I think there's something else going on.

• I don't approach nice looking guys because: i assume they are already in a relationship, they are out of my league, I'm to shy, and/or maybe it's just that I'm more into people who i can relate to ( I'm a geek lol ) :/

• You thinking girls who go for "ugly" guys are shallow is shallow, ever think that girls actually think that guy is attractive. :/ your the shallow one

• I'll be straight up, this is bs.

• Well, there are a lot of girls (and guys) walking around with uggers on their arms so that people don't fantasize about them.
    I don't think that makes them shallow though.
    Women care significantly more about looks for something short term anyway, not long term.

However I have to say, I think you used this as a copout to explain why girls don't want to date you...

• Everyone is thinking that hahaha. You're wrong

• Does not apply to my life at allll. If I don't find him attractive (and my standards are both obtainable and something else) he get's written off.

• I guess we're just damned if we do and damned if we don't.

• Um- well… A Girl wants someone that makes her happy, every time they see him. Not someone who would treat them like shet. Some girls do go for the "hot" guys but for I really don't care if he's hot, cute or not hot, I just want someone who will treat me right and respect me.

• I don't usually date hot guys because THEY'RE shallow. And I'm pretty attractive myself, and take care of my appearance. but they rarely look beyond what they see. Uglier, chubbier guys look beyond my appearance, because they want girls to do that for them.

• ugly or good looking dudes,,, every male thinks similar. ones know how to fake it more than others though

• Oh snap im soo "shallow" can we stop having these BS talks saying dating a cute guys/ugly guy is shallow, and stop judging people about who they are dating cause it isn't anyones business and you're not even dating them sooo... you say that's shallow? nah, judging the person about who they are dating is.

• Meanwhile I can't even get my takes to be featured smh..-_-

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 31

• Your claims may have had more of an impact on your audience if you were to back them up with some examples or external sources. It sounds like this is mostly a reaction to a very specific personal event you experienced, so its a little hard for the rest of us to relate.

• Is hot the new nice? Do we now have to listen to "hot guys" who don't get girls because they're just too hot...

Wake up... and take your hand off it.

• Anyway those 'reasons' you gave for women going for ugly guys would hardly make them shallow.

• I know but that title attracts more people ;D

• They don't fall for a cute guy because we are too handsome and we think that is all a relationship needs and to make a woman happy. Women are emotional beings. If they want to fantasize about a good looking guy then they will dream it or watch Ryan Gosling on the big screen or Gerard Butler for that matter.
    A woman doesn't go for an ugly guy because he is ugly.
    A woman go's for an ugly guy because she sees more potential beauty of his character.
    All women want to one day be married and have children.
    An ugly guy or average guy understands the exact pace and what to do to keep the relationship staying fire hot.
    He may not even know exactly how but he knows naturally and sub consciously.
    It's because he isn't staring at the mirror admiring himself or trying so hard like we do.
    He is just being him and not lying about his feelings.
    When he wants something he gets it and he doesn't disect it to where his thoughts become mangled

• No no, there are ugly dudes cheating so much on their gfs

• Out of all of the 'bad looking' people I know none of them have ever been in a relationship. Including me. So, I don't know where you get this theory from. All I know is; it's bullshit. All the good looking guys I know are always in and out of relationships with different girls, having one night stands with them. So again, this is bullshit.

• You write: "chances are that popular guys are not inside this category (that is, the category of good-looking guys). In my experience, a lot of good-looking people, both male and female, have been popular. I don't think you have much of a thesis for your essay.

• well tell me, which country do you live in? United States? then yes, Australia? then yes, Sweden? then yes.

• so you're looking for an excuse as to why you're single? gotcha budski :3

• i feel your pain bro lol!
    A lot of my girlfriends have described me as being intimidating to talk to because i was very attractive and looked older!
    And say thats why girls never approach me! or i had a reputation back in highschool that i would "hit it and quit it" or was a player but that really wasn't the case!
    i seem to be the guy who just get used for a couple dates or arm candy =(
    i have been used to make ugly ex boyfriends jealous, i feel used bro

• damn that's more severe haha, sorry but yes is part of what I mean here

• Yea no this ks wrong am sorry but most girls will get to know a guy as a friend first then dated then if i girl did not ask you out maybe your a bad friend or took to long to ask her out and got friendzonned. My ex liked me for 4 year use to drop me hits all the time. But back then i only cared about school but i did ask her out last year. But i just put it this way girls like to be ask out not the other way around. Now as for pretty girls with ugly guys ask them wbh they are dating them. For me its about who they are not what they look like. I fall in love with my ex the first time i see. Her but rejected girls 10 times hotter them her n with better bodys. But think on it never everyone is shallow n when dates people just base on thier looks.

• That is some next level excuse.

• "Have you noticed? Good looking guys are the ones who are being left alone nowadays. "

No.

"Girls judge them instantly by their looks, they think they're not nice persons or that they may cheat on them."

If true, that's just stupid.
    Girls usually go for looks and/or confidence. That's why "ugly" guys get women, they have more confidence (I guess because they're ugly, idunno).
    A confident guy will get almost any girl, independent of looks.

• that is gotta be the lamest excuse to call ur self good looking :P lmao

• You are joking right?

• Bro I'm just here for the Xper. I'm sorry.

There will always be shallow. That is all.

• I'd say it finally dawned on men that looks aren't that important to girls and they shouldn't be too self conscious about them if they can offer real value.

• No, no. I just think the good looking guys that aren't nice get the more fake girls, whom avoid the ugly guys. The nicer and better girls go for whoever makes them happier. Regardless their looks. Seems to be the case where I am at least.

• It has more to do with your appearance. Do you look like a douche bag with dog tags, long hair, and tight jeans? Then yes, you would be perceived as however people generalize it.

But to state that ugly guys have a better chance...

• Lol if this were true I would have a girlfriend. There is another reason I don't have a girlfriend besides being ugly and I already know what that is.

• If you are attractive, congratulation. Girls love attractive dudes. Ugly guys suffer miserably from rejection. People like attractive individuals. At least, you have the option to cheat on her. Ugly guys don't have it because nobody is willing to date them.

• Exactly this guy is delusional. Ugly dudes have to struggle just to get one girlfriend. Girls assume your callus or you will cheat if you act like a callous douche. Thats all.

• Honestly girls want good looking guys. I haven't seen a girl avoid a guy because he's good looking. I'm pretty sure when they see a good looking guy they don't assume that their a bad person. Sure some prejudices may arise but if a guy is attractive nine times out of ten they'll be given a chance by the person who's attention they caught and if that attractive guy is interesting and has good conversation skills then he will definitely hold on to her attention.

• Um... what?

• More from Guys
    11