I'm aware of the fact that I am generalizing all the women and hopefully I won't be wrong:
1. Putting their hands on your thigh or back casually while talking to you. If I’m being friendly it’s not a signal for you to touch me. Far too many co-workers, creepy uncles, etc. find this ok!
2. Follow you around while you’re out, because they want to keep talking to you after you’ve already made two attempts to end the conversation.
3. Maybe it’s just me but, asking if I live alone. Now if at this point of inquiry there was an already established friendship I suppose it’s okay. But if you are a stranger or an acquaintance that would freak me out.
4. Block an exit while trying to start a conversation. Just don’t do it EVER. For love of god. We literally feel trapped.
5. Grabbing my wrists. It is a huge ultimate fuck no.
6. “You’re cute when you’re angry.” In fact, I'm sure kids hate hearing this too.
7. Getting sexually explicit in the first message.
8. “If I was x years younger…” That's how life works.
9. I’ve come across a few men who don’t seem to understand that “I have a boyfriend” means I’m not single and I don’t want to be pursued or flirted with.
10. Thinking it’s OK to send dick pics by way of introduction. Maybe I’ll want to see it at some point eventually, but try saying hi first. Just a "Hi".
11. I have a large tattoo on my shoulder, and I’ve had several men come up from behind, and move my tank top strap and bra strap to see it better. It’s been mostly in grocery stores and Lowe’s of all places. FUCK YOU ALL.
12. Honking, yelling or some form of catcalling while I’m running or even just walking down the street.
13. When I am walking down the sidewalk, follow me slowly in a car while trying to talk to me. I fucking hate this.
14. My sister had a boss that would come up behind the ladies and start giving them shoulder massages… not cool dude. Of course he was not touching them in intimate manner but still NO.
15. When you get messages like “hi hun ” in a business setting. I draw for a living and regularly get guys messaging me under the guise that they want to commission something, when it’s really just an excuse to get closer to me. This will sound blunt and bitchy, but I don’t want you. I want your money. You commissioning, or not? Alright stop wasting my time, thank you!
16. Touching my tattoos when they ask to see them. It’s crazy how many don’t understand personal space/boundaries. Just, why? I assure you, they’re real.
17. “Dare” me to kiss my girlfriend in front of him to “prove” I’m lesbian/bi. Disgusting and daily.
18. Flirting with me in a position where I can’t leave, like an uber or a taxi. It’s terrifying.
19. Tell you to smile. It used to make me really uncomfortable, now I just grin manically at them.
20. Bringing up sex in the first hour of conversation. Dude, I probably don’t even remember your name, don’t ask me about my favorite position or when the last time I had sex was.
21. “Where’s my hug?”
22. Guys who try to assert their dominance by crushing your hand while shaking it. I have arthritis and it is excruciatingly painful.
23. If you keep going on about how much you respect women, you probably don’t respect women.
24. I don’t have air in my car but it’s so hot where I live so my windows are always down. When I come to a red light men try to talk to me from their vehicles and it makes me wildly uncomfortable because I obviously can’t get away.
25. When they walk behind you they either touch your lower back or give your shoulders a squeeze. Those things are only okay for my husband/boyfriend to do. No one else. It isn’t cute or endearing. It’s extremely uncomfortable to deal with and makes women avoid you or cringe when you’re near.
26. When strange men approach me and start asking personal questions like we’re on a first date. Men who calls themselves PUA. Stop calling yourself artiest. It's not an art. It's a shame on humanity.
27. I’ve got curly hair and I’m sick of men thinking they can just come and grab a coil of hair and pull it, like I’m some kind of slinky spring! Don’t touch my fucking hair and don’t call me moody when I tell you to stop!
28. Saying anything along the lines of “you’re perfect” upon minutes of meeting.
29. Constantly pushing for a date after saying we aren’t interested. Like a high school boy having a crush and the girl saying “I just like you as a friend…” and they keep pushing like she’ll fall in love. Sorry that’s just a fairy tale. Please stop after we say we don’t like you. No hard feelings! We just don’t want to date you.
You still there?
I’m not interested.
Fuck you, you stupid bitch. Get the fuck out of my DM's. Just get the fuck out.
Never mind the DM part. I am going anonymous.