Why Guys Really Fall for the Girl Next Door

RogerThatTangoDown

I love looking at perfectly done and almost excessively made up women. I admire how they put on their makeup perfectly, have their outfits picked out days in advance matched with perfect accessories and divine shoes to boot.

These glamourized women I love staring at, always have their nails done, hair done and smell of excessively sweet perfume. Somehow it makes me feel nostalgic that they are paying homage to an ideal of feminine beauty that is totally unrealistic and hard to attain/maintain. But nonetheless, I love looking at them - they are usually quite mezmerizing. And of course all the men notice, if not get whiplash.

But these gorgeous divas are usually NOT the women most men choose to spend their lives with. I find that the average guy loves the 'girl next door' look. Pretty, accessible, not high maintenance and someone that seems real and attainable. A woman that doesn't have majectic airs about her. These 'girls next door' are for touching and feeling rather than just looking. I peg myself somewhere in between, some days I crave glamour and the dramatic - other days I just want to put my sweats and high tops on. But usually once I start dating a guy seriously, I see that he wants more of the down to earth chill me rather than the made up and over-wrought diva me. Men love 'authentic' women!

Maybe I'm wrong guys? Let me know... in the meantime, here are some 'girl next door' beauties who always get the beau.

Emma Stone

Gabrielle Union

Olivia Munn

Reese Witherspoon

Rose Byrne

Kristin Kreuk

Amy Adams

32
11
11Girl Opinion
32Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous

They are celebrities.
    They pay thousands for personal trainers, their clothing, their makeup, people do their hair etc.
    They are not the girl next door.
    They are famous for NOT looking like the average woman!

Like 12 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous

None of those women are remotely "girl next door." They are all celebrities.

Like 9 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1031
  • MrBubbles

My first thought was rather that these women are all very wealthy and have probably hired professional makeup artists and clothing/fashion designers. :/

Like 8 People
    Reply
  • Snow-Wolf18

Like others have said, these women are all celebrities and aren't much like regular 'girl next door' types since they have access to more resources. That said, they still are all very pretty and don't seem excessively high maintenance. They have to look nice for the public eye so it would be hard for them not to require at least a little maintenance.

Like 4 People
    Reply
  • AleDeEurope

I agree, most of us want a simple, humble, and fun girl. One that's comfortable enough with her body that she allows us to see her without makeup and not make a big deal about it. Someone that enjoys eating pizza and watching a movie while on their sweatpants.
    Most of us go for that type of girl, because they're the ones that usually enjoy life without having so much drama and worries.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • miserybusiness

"Pretty, accessible, not high maintenance and someone that seems real and attainable."

First example: Emma Stone

*facepalm*

LikeDisagree 10 People
    Reply
  • unicornsandglitter

Lets be honest, these aren't 'the girl next door'
    What we need on this list is Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson.
    Quirky, funny, 'in their own skin', fabulous let low maintenance, and overall the girl any guy/girl would like to be with.

Like 4 People
    Reply
  • oldanddecrepid

I like a natural beauty... its nice to have her with makeup on occasion, but, prefer natural.

I think guys like a girl that can be ready in 10 like they can. If your taking two hours to just go to the grocery store... then that's a little over the top!

Remember celeb's don't always look like those pictures so why try to strive for something like that everyday!

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • imnotcrearive

A girl writing a take on what guys want in a girl... And next, stay tuned for my piece on "pregnancy: the third trimester and what to expect."

Like 5 People
    Reply
  • Skilled1

NO OFFENSE BUT ::::: Why? Why in the world would a woman decide to speak and explain something about men rather than doing it themselves? and i kinda feel i spelt the last phrase wrong LOL but anyway ,, its like asking an engineer about health , a physicist about computers... its just wrong. And second , you are using the word men in general to express all of us. Maybe someone don't like them ! Just let every guy express his own opinion.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Girl-1234

I think this is true, people never see me as a girl next door (because they all think i look exotic) so guys most of the time only look. The macho types sometimes make remarks about my looks, but they never start a nice conversation.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • totally agree, and it's frustrating just to get those weird looks. now, if a guy gives me that look I just stare back until he gets intimidated lol.

• bryon

Very well said. Almost ever aspect of your take fits me to a T. While I can't speak for any of the other guys that will be reading / commenting on this , I wouldn't change or add one single word to this. Perfection can't be improved. Kudos

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • YourFutureEx

By having the money they possess, almost everybody would become that much pretty.

In these girls, I'm attracted to their success not their looks.

LikeDisagree 5 People
    Reply
  • aamy811

Guys like average girls because it's realistic and approachable. I like guys who are tend in all aspects but they're probably with girls who are tens in all aspects. So seeing as how I'm an average girl I want an average guy

Disagree 3 People
    Reply
  • 0-Zero-0

I like someone who can adapt between the two. So she can dress up with all her Glamour and come with me to my wine tastings and shows in London but also can put on some comfortable clothes and do something in town or just hang out

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • RandomStudent

You're right, I usually fall for girls who don't put much effort into make up and fashion. I guess it's because they seem more obtainable to me.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • godfatherfan

I agree. I think feminine is so hot. when I see a girly girl I get instantly aroused. but that is just looks based. usually they are high maintenance and have an attitude. the 'tom boy' ish type women are still sexy. and the fact that they don't make you feel like your not in 'their league' is even hotter. easy to talk to, and when those sweats come off there is no more thoughts of tom boy as she is definitely all woman. The best thing about women is they are soft, the are beautiful, and before and after doing all those nasty sexual things to them, you just want to hold them in your arms.
    by the way... I put Sandra bullock as the ultimate 'girl next door'. especially the Speed Sandra Bullock. I don't know who most of the women you posted even are.. I recognize reese witherspoon and the chick from The Newsroom.

LikeDisagree 4 People
    Reply
  • OpenClose

Emma Stone and Amy Adams are absolutely mind-blowingly beautiful.

I've also had a thing for Anna Kendrick ever since the oscars and discovering how goofy she is in person.

To me, the important thing is that these girls, in person, seem down-to-earth and relatable. There are a lot of women out there who see themselves as "holier than thou" with regards to men. To me, those women don't deserve my affection, and I'm more likely to find something to insult them for, because they need to be knocked of their self-proclaimed pedestal.

Like 3 People
    Reply
    • Kerbie

i have liked anna kendrick myself ever since seeing her in pitch perfect

• OpenClose

Never saw pitch perfect. I first saw her in 50/50. She is super GND, and has the most adorable smiley eyes.

• thelittlelostbear

I myself have been called 'the girl next door' but most guys just see me as that. The girl.. next door. So maybe that is just america again.

Reply
    • Kerbie

Bit like my girl her friends brothers says she's a girl next door type but they would never try it on with her because she's invovled ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hmm interesting.. How do you mean involved?

• As long as you have neighbors, you will always be a "girl next door".

j/k

• Watermelonoma

I call dibs on Emma Stone. That's my future wife right there!

LikeDisagree 11 People
    Reply
  • TadCurious

I always feel really close to The Girl Next Door. Probably because she's next door.

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • Show More (21)