Why do shy guys keep giving mixed signals?

It's so confusing and frustrating sometimes. Some days this shy guy would give me all the signs in the world that tells me he's really into me. He knows I'm into him too because I reciprocate to his stares and smiles and become shy and awkward sometimes. But then there are other days where he shows NO signs whatsoever. He ignores/avoids me to the point where It makes me feel like he's completely over me already. But then he will show signs again. I don't understand. Why would a shy guy give mixed signals so much, especially if he knows I have a crush on him?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I m quiet and not shy. I tried talking to my crush but she kept cutting conversations short. She still seemed happy to talk to me. I was confused so I stopped trying to show interest. I still catch myself staring at her and love it when I see her smile. The confusion just made me stop pursuing out of fear.