Is it okay if your guy is workaholic?

Working for long hours and not spending enough time with you.. Do you worry about it?Is it okay if your guy is workaholic?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Well here's the thing, I really like spending time with my boyfriend, I wish I could spend a couple days a week with him. But he is a workaholic like you are asking about. I'll see him usually for a couple hours once a week and sleep over because I come over later after work usually or if I don't have work he'll invite me over later anyways because he is always working. He tries not to anymore, but he usually works while I am there as well. He is only a workaholic in this stage of his life because he is still creating his buisness and it is getting off the ground now.
    I love him so much that I told him that I'm not leaving him for anything petty like him needing to work to support himself and get the buisness going and successful.
    But I can't say it hasn't been hard on me. Sometimes I'll cry when I haven't seen him in a while because I'll just miss him so much and it'll feel like he doesn't want to see me, which he tells me isn't true because he is trying not to distract himself and give into things he likes too much. Which I understand because he has no impulse control in all honesty so once I'm there he'll want to either spend time with me or try and work while talking to me, he can't always give his full attention which makes me sad as well.
    Sometimes I'll even leave his place feeling so sad and lonely even though I had just seen him because I know it will be a while until I see him again. And its not easy to just call him on the phone or have a conversation over text with him since he is always making phone calls and if he isn't its on do not disturb so he can stay focused. He is a crazy guy with big dreams and full of ambition which has always been my favorite quality about him, so I know giving up on us would crush me and leave me full of regret. I know it seems like i'm unhappy, but in reality I love him so much I couldn't imagine being with someone else. I know in the future we'll live together and I don't need attention 24/7 Im a very social person and I like to hang out with others so giving him time to work isn't a problem for me. Just constant long blocks of time without seeing him is hard on me. I am a person who misses people I love very strongly. Not like seperation anxiety, but just a longing for them I guess.
    Anyways, it think its just important for the guy no matter how much he is working to show affection when he can and to remind her that you love her and that you appreciate everything she does. It helps a lot.

• This is perfect... Yeah it's very hard to stay away from our loved ones.. Sometimes random thoughts change our mind... But you have been strong mentally and being positive.. That's very good... The best thing is there is a mutual understanding between you two... I hope you will have good fortune..