5 Sexy Male Body Types

EllieLexis513
5 Sexy Male Body Types

After I wrote myTake last night about 5 Beautiful Female Body Types, I saw a lot of questions about men. How come fatshaming men isn’t talked about? Why do women have such high standards of men? Do you need a man with muscles? Well, like I said in my previous Take, it’s all about preference. But just because one person doesn’t love your body doesn’t mean someone else won’t. We are all made differently and we need to embrace it, including men. Here are 5 awesome male physiques that men should be proud to wear.

1. The Skinny

5 Sexy Male Body Types

Here’s the skinny on the skinny (See what I did there? No? Okay…)

Just like skinny women, there are skinny men that have a hard time putting on weight. But that doesn’t make you any less of a man! No muscle tone? So what. You’re still attractive, you have awesome amounts of testosterone, and you are loved by a variety of women. You don’t have to be a gym junkie to be amazing. So strut your stuff and be confident in your own skin!

2. Ottermode Activate!

5 Sexy Male Body Types

Ah, yes, the beloved Ottermode, also commonly associated with the Swimmer’s Build. Truthfully, The Skinny and Ottermode aren’t overly different, except Ottermode is more toned and a little bigger. And those toned muscles are gorgeous, honey. Work it. No, seriously, work it, I wanna watch.

3. The Athlete

5 Sexy Male Body Types

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and more YES! Look at those muscles. Flex. Flex. Flex.

Just like the Ottermodes, Athletes have lots of muscle. And athletes are awesome because not only do they have a masculine definition to their body, but it also screams health and fitness. Do you enjoy the gym? Go ahead with your bad self. Want to play a good game of baseball, basketball, or rugby? By all means. Bench press those weights. Lift that bar. Work up a sweat. And look awesome doing it.

4. Built Fat

5 Sexy Male Body Types

Yes, this is a thing. And honestly? I feel Built Fat doesn’t get the credit it deserves. Despite what SOME PEOPLE think, it is possible to be overweight and still be healthy. And who better fits that description than Built Fat? Your muscles may not be as defined as the Athlete, but that doesn’t mean they’re not there. And you still look awesome! You’re a total package. It’s like I get my Teddy Bear and Thor all in one. Can you say win-win? I can!

5. Chubby Fat

5 Sexy Male Body Types

Last, but not least, are the Chubby Fat. While writing this take, it took me a while to find a good picture this type, and now I completely understand the frustration these men have with society. If chubby women can be praised, then hell, why not a chubby man? They may not be the most in shape but…who cares? One thing about Chubby Fat: It SCREAMS rugged and masculine. Why?

Well, just like overweight women, an overweight man historically means that you are rich and have a high status in society. Even if it’s not true today, it’s still sexy as hell. Chubby Fat guys not only still have just as much testosterone coursing through their veins as the other types, but they also know how to have a good time. Do you like beer and a good BBQ? Want to grab some wings? I know I do. Chubby Fats are some cool as hell people to be around.

5 Sexy Male Body Types

Truth time. Just because you’re a man doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to love yourself, either. Yes, women and their bodies are more in the limelight, but men are just as beautiful, in every shape and form. And yes, there’s way more bodies for men that are listed on this Take. And guess what? Those are just as sexy. Men deserve to be respected just as much as women. So work that Skinny butt. Embrace your Otter bod. Athlete? Yummy. Got a little fat covering that muscle? Looks awesome on you. A bit on the Chubby side? Well, you wear it well.

Men, you’re awesome. And don’t let anyone let you think different.

5 Sexy Male Body Types
37
33

Most Helpful Girl

• RainbowFanGirl
    Heh, I'm with a chubby fat guy and he's my teddy bear!
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

3236
  • Sojex
    Those "built fat" dudes are the real powerhouses. I call that body the "strongman" as opposed the body builder. Those dudes got strong throwing around hay bales, trees, and farm animals instead of pumping iron in the gym. They're beasts, I tell ya, BEASTS
    • What an absolute load of bollox.

• Sojex

@Song4TheBroken look up strongman competitions. Not one of the guys will have a bodybuilder body cause that shit is almost impossible to maintain year round but they're moving some serious weight that I guarantee a bodybuilder couldn't. Or just look up Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson if you don't believe me. He's legitimately one strongest men in the world and has that exact "built fat" physique

• slimstiffy

Every strongman has somewhat built fat physique. Even if some qrw well shaped, they have more bodyfat than bbers. Thats because powerlifts are better when you have a bit bodyfat ( something related with energy i think)
      Very low bodyfat isn't good for lifting extreme weights

• Dawsonwc
    3 and 4 are really the same thing. 3 isn't really an athlete's build its a bodybuilders build. Very few athletes have bodies that look like that. 4 is also a bodybuilder he's just not in competition season. Body builders would all look like ottermode if they didn't alternate between bulk season and cutting season. Bodybuilder so also come in a variety of shapes depending on what type of competitions they compete in. Most of the giant vieny guys you think of when you think bodybuilding are all in the same portion of the competition. A more accurate depiction of an athletes body depends on thier sport but here's some examples
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...500000578-832_964x767.jpg
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...200000578-345_964x759.jpg
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...200000578-469_964x854.jpg
    Nice take though. However I found it interesting that you wrote a take that was supposed to show the sexiness of a variety of men's body types but you only showed the ones with well defined muscles with their shirt off. Feels a little counterproductive. But the idea was a great one. Thanks for doing this.
    • I wanted to find better pic for guys for numbers 1 and 5, but when you google it, you can't find any good ones. At least, I couldn't. I could only get men with anorexia for 1 and men shoving pork ribs down their pie hole for number 5, so I just said fuck and found whatever ones looked best lol.

Also, I know plenty of athletes that look like that. Maybe the older guys don't, but the ones my age that play basketball and football and rugby look like that. But there are all different types of sports and not all sports yield the same body type.

And for bodybuilders, I went based on the guys that go to my gym who I know are actually bodybuilders. They help me with my workouts. They look like this:

www.bodybuilding.com/.../...builder-graphics-1.jpg

• The guy for athlete is leaner, even though he's flexing and the guy in this picture isn't.

• Dawsonwc

Do the guys you know play professionally or for fun? Because if they play for fun they most likely also go to the gym regularly. And most guys in the gym excercises for physique and not athleticism. My uncle played football professionally and often has charity events where a variety of athletes both active and retired come and my a number of my cousins have gone to college on athletic scholarships for track and field, soccer and basketball. None of them look like that picture but my fraternity brothers that actually compete in competitions do. They're younger so they're not as large as the guy you posted in your reply. So my comment is pretty much based solely on my own experience. And yeah I understand how hard it is to find quality pictures of thin and chubbier guys. I was just pointing out the feeling that thin and chubby guys might have upon reading this.

• Mustachekitteh
    Love the Asian dude as #2. ^^

Men are greatly underrated by wise compared to women and that saddens me. :(
    • Yeah, the Asian was definitely my favorite lol

• I dislike how so many people seem to underrate male Asians. :'(

• That's probably because most Asian males, at least the one's that I have seen, tend to be short and they don't look like #2. Or at least that's the stereotype.

• Prof_Don
    I'm very much "built fat". My weight on the scale isn't moving much, but I am definitely feeling in better and better health in terms of mood and energy. I'm not worried over the number on the scale as much as I used to.
    • Sableye

yeah, thats the same as me. I used to really watch my weight when i first started working out, but I've noticed im not loosing much any more. I know my body fat % is going down though as i fit into clothes i couldnt 6 months ago.

• girtll33894girl
    I prefer the first guy for being the most attractive in your pics, i like Athlete but the guy who you choose for Athlete in your pic is ugly.
  • MyUsernameRules
    Only 2, 3, and maybe 4 are the bodies that should be considered "sexy". 1 and 5 should not be promoted.
    • The point of the Take is to love yourself regardless lol, not to change yourself to please other people. Only change if you want.

• 1 and 5 both look fine to me, actually

• @FallOutBoy2001 Well, i did change the picture of the first one because it looked depressing after I published it because it was black and white. This was the picture the OP saw:

encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images

• slimstiffy
    Honestly , being rather skinny, i found that skinny , and chubby fat were written in a more cheer-you-up manner than the other 3.
    So i will continue to work on attaining an athlete physique or even a built fat physique. Id feel stronger and more masculine like that. Still, nice take
  • MrShinyPants
    Im a mix between built fat and chubby, but to me no matter what the persons build is they are attractive in their own ways, fat shaming and skinny shaming is pointless because its going based on societies standards which is incorrect and full of it. One specific look isn't the only attractive one, you can be big and beautiful and skinny and beautiful and in shape and beautiful
  • DocHolliday904
    I am pretty much the "built fat". Arms, legs, ass, chest are all in perfect shape... thanks to getting hit by a drunk driver a few years ago and being bed ridden (I wish I could make that into a dirty joke involving one of the super cute nurses I had... but it would be a lie) getting rid of the belly is proving hard... not to mention the permenant loss of about 30% ROM in about 45% of the joints in my body, making it hard to work out... thanks middle of the day alcoholic...
  • Blonde401
    Love me a chubby guy, give me a dad vid any day of the week 😍 My absolute fav for cuddling and hanging out eating pizza and watching movies! Rock what you got guys.
  • Alex_lovesmusic
    I'm built fat, I got that way working outside all the time lifting and carrying heavy stuff while eating junk food (burritos, chimichangas, and the like).
  • CaSSieLJ
    honestly number one makes me feel bad because I'm noy even that skinny and im a girl. Also, i would feel unsafe if my boyfriend is skinny like that. I like the healthy ones like maybe 2 and 3
  • akadatank44
    Number 4 I often think this is what guys become after in their 30s and 40s. Still have that built up muscle from their earlier years but gain some fat cuz well you have kids and shit lol.
  • youmybaby
    WHY ITS CALLED '5 SEXY MALE BODY TYPES' INSTEAD OF' 5 BEAITUFUL MALE BODY TYPES ' LIKE IT WAS FOR GIRLS. OP IS SEXIST
    • DivaMonae

Maybe beacuse she's attracted to guys and not girls...

How sexist of her! 😂

• youmybaby

@DivaMonae yeah... are you straight?

• lost_alice
    I like the build fat it describes exactly my teacher me and my friends have been discussing if he is fat or not lol
  • chc0009
    I don't know where I sit. I'm 6'2" and weigh 168 lbs. I'm not overweight, but I have no six pack.

But race also does play a factor into women's preferences, since white or Latino men are usually preferred, while South Asian, Middle Eastern, East Asian, or black men get the short end.
    • I think men are way more picky about race than women. I can't tell you how many guys said they would date me if I weren't black but women seem much more accepting over it.

• Song4TheBroken
    LMAO I like how everyone thinks they're 'built fat' when they're probably just fat. The guy in the pic clearly lifts and just needs to cut fat. I bet none of the people who claim to be 'built fat' actually even lift.
    • You know, I've heard a lot of guys argue over what's fat vs what's built fat just like girls argue over what's thick vs what's fat lol.

• Yeah built fat means that if you stripped away all the excess body fat, there'd still be some well developed underlying muscle. I doubt most of the guys commenting would look remotely muscular if they went on a cut.

Yeah, I guess it probably is the same as curvy vs fat thing lol.

• Rodismus
    I'm at the built fat right now, simply because I still love shitty food and eat it willingly... in moderation of course. But yea... chubby fat... please no. I've worked my ass off to get past that and in no way shape or form is that ever sexy.
  • Babybebe15
    My favorite has always been skinny guys, but I just learned that built fat was a body type and I like that one too 👌👌👌
  • TheSpartan
    My only complaint is that the "built fat" guy isn't fat at all. He's actually pretty lean.
    • That's the point. Built fat isn't fat as in overweight, but that guy clearly has fat over his muscles, at least in his stomach area. But it's not like 'Omg, you cow' fat.

• frozenhorizon
    I was skinny for most of my life but now I'm at ottermode, yay!
  • AdorableLilo
    The built fat body type is just the perfect body type to me
  • luvstoned4him
    My bro is ottermode and my dad is Built fat.. and I find them both sexy :p :p
    • slimstiffy

Uhm, i dont think you should have said sexy regarding your bro and dad.
      Lol jk, you guys mist be genetically gifted, let me guess, you have an hourglass figure? ;-)

• @slimstiffy loool its ok. I am pearshaped.. like this

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...fcfc1de27c.jpg

• slimstiffy

Well tbh my favourite is pear shaped.
      I like a bit of a booty with a rather slender upper body on women.
      If you look like that, you are perfect.
      But i wouldn't say that around your dad though :-D lol

• Lindajackie
    1 and 2 are my personal favorites, but again all body types are beautiful
  • LaMasBella
    I love guys with either number 2 or 4 type of body!! I'm not really attracted to numbers 1, 3, and 5 types
  • mutedaisy
    Built fat is the best thing to cuddle up to at night.
  • ElissaDido
    Most if not all the guys in my university are 1 , but I am attracted to 2 and 3
  • Me_and_Myself
    Skinny-tall (not anorexic) and ottermode fits more my tastes.
  • helloitsmethere
    Ottermode is perfection. Not too little and not too much. I would still go for skinny because I am a small person myself so why not.
  • BelleGirl21
    Swimmer body and althetic are so sexy! The others I don't care much for.
  • Bobba_Fett
    Chubby Fat dude here, thanks for taking the time to write this.

• Cosytoasty
    I think between 3 and 4 is the best i'm ever going to hope for lol, wide hips are a blessing and a curse.
  • bcromartie
    ;_; When will skinny-fat get represented?

Oh wait. That's ugly. No one likes those people.
  • Melcart23
    5 is definitely not something that is okay. And 1 is borderline
  • Belliebella
    Built fat is the sexiest, the athlete is just behind😍
  • AdamThomas
    Fat guys and skinny guys usually have less testosterone, especially those who carry their weight around their mid-section, that's a fact, they get that way through inactivity and eating the wrong things. The only thing I have against this stuff is that it encourages laziness. I've been all of those body types at some point, I don't know why any guy would be happy with being fat or skinny. I get it I there's a medical condition stopping you from losing it, but even then I see people with missing arms and legs or in wheelchairs in great shape. Plus it's just not true. Girls weren't interested when I was skinny or chubby, they were much more interested when I built some muscle.
  • lampuiho
    You can be either skinny fat or tonned skinny with abs. There is difference in there.
  • GreatnessRevamped
    About time someone put one up for men. lol.
    I used to be slim, now I'm slim fat. :D

It works for me.
  • Ethrealness
    Aw even though I'm 110% against the "fat acceptance", "fact denying", crazy train, this was cute.. probably because guys don't bitch as much as girls do and don't guilt trip us into finding their bodies attractive. If a guy's fat he's usually accepting of it and when a girl's fat she'll usually say things like, "I'm chubby, i'm curvy, i'm healthy, etc.." and if you tell her any different she'll pop off. But yeah -- cute take. Love a skinny guy.. my fiance is 5'9 and 130 pounds. His weight varies though, sometimes he's less than 130 and more than 130, which is kinda scary for his health but that's ok. My weight ranges from 115 to 130 so sometimes we're about the same weight :x I'm 5'4 also.
    • I don't necessarily believe anyone should accept being fat. However, you do need to accept, that no matter what you look like, you are worth something. If you don't want to be fat, you can lose it. But if you don't mind, you're still a person and deserve to be respected as a person.

Besides, I think harping on overweight people actually has the opposite effect it's meant to.

• I don't think anyone should be judged for their self-worth by the width of their waist-line but obesity acceptance only caters to a destructive mind-set. These people lack will-power and have crippling sensitivity. Can't tell you how many times people have told me that due to people telling them that it's probably a good idea that they exercise, that their "negativity" only makes them want to dig deeper into their hole. I'm a pretty sensitive girl myself and can sympathize with the words of others killing my motivation to lose weight, but you shouldn't give people that much power. You need to get to a point where you're truly motivated to lose weight and nothing will get in your way. People who let any type of pressure disable them from succeeding, will find themselves unhappy and not where they'd like to be in life. This is coming from someone who used to be 160 pounds and lost weight due to pure hard work.

• footballfan993
    I'm definitely the skinny type, I weight less than 115lbs
  • ADFSDF1996
    I currently have "built fat", but I hope to be between "ottermode" activate and "the athlete".
  • girlinthemirror
    I like ottermode and build fat
    Skinny is turn off for me
  • bobbyxx
    I'm please someone has done this. Nobody seems to focus on male body type and the shaming.
  • ConsultantIsBack
    Broad shoulders + Big arms + small waist n abs
  • Muhammad1999
    such a nice myTake , i didn't knew that some women like chubby men
  • Fearless_banana
    What about the shredded AF guy OP?
  • vgmaster9
    Could've had built and bodybuilder (like Arnold Schwarzenegger) instead of skinny and chubby fat.
  • Harpesian
    I'd be number one if it weren't for the "awesome amounts of testosterone" comment. :3
  • LittleSally
    Built fat - I'm in love with that... =)
  • Afro-dite9
    2, 4 and 5 are 😍😍😍😍😍