The Health Benefits of Hot Sauce and Why You Should Add Some Spice to Your Life!

Peralta

Do you love hot sauce? Well you're on track to great health benefits already!

1. Hot Sauce Helps Lose Weight

Capsaicin can increase your metabolic rate, capsaicin is commonly found in peppers of any kind. It is also very low calorie and is often zero calorie. A great tasting condiment without the calories!

2. It's Full of Minerals & Vitamins

Vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin A can help keep colds and cancer away. There are also anti-oxidants that help lower blood pressure.

3. It Relieves Congestion

Ever try a sauce that makes your nose run and your eyes water?

4. It's great for your eyes!

DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR EYES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS MEANS! Phytonutrients lutein and zeaxanthin can be found in hot sauces, they contribute to eye health.

5. Hot Sauce Can Reduce the Risk of Cancer

"By attacking cell mitochondria, the capsaicin in hot sauce can trigger the self-destruction of harmful cancer cells without hurting healthy cells. Hot sauce may be able to reduce risk of cancer development and cancerous cell growth by triggering apoptotic cell death, researchers say." (Lalond, 2017)

6. Hot Sauce Can Reduce Aches/Pain

Capsaicin contains anti-inflammatory properties, this helps muscles mend and aches fade!

7. Hot Sauce Can Reduce Stress/Depression

Spicy foods can promote the production of serotonin and other similar hormones

All in all lets just say hot sauce is great! If you're new to the hot sauce game I recommend Cholula, Sriracha, Tapatio, Crystal, Reds, and Texas Pete as starters. The flavors are there without the heat, however I will recommend a personal favorite (Scorpion Tabasco) if you want intense heat because the Scorpion Pepper is one of the hottest peppers in the world!

7
5

Most Helpful Guy

• zagor
    Important TIp: If you use hot sauce wash your hands thoroughly before touching your genitals!
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Goodwifie
    Nah it causes too much abdominal pain because of my ulcerative colitis.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

46
  • mnyc914
    whats the question dillweed? we have enough fake news.
  • JimRSmith
    Plus it tastes great.
    • Goodwifie

I'm not allowed anywhere near chilli if I want to share the same bed as my husband. 😂

• Good take
  • jake08288
    I kill bottles of hot sauce
  • CT_CD
    I like hot sauce
  • Marie1996
    I love spicy food, should use more hot sauce lol.
  • S_Rose
    <3 <3
  • NovissimumVirorum
    I love putting sriracha into everything
  • Aiko_E_Lara
    They're good but my ass hates it
  • Akej18
    Thanks for sharing!