What is HIIT and why it's so popular

What is HIIT and why it's so popular

HIIT is the acronym for High Intensity Interval Training. It means that you exercise in bursts of activity with small breaks of rest in between or lower intensity exercise. For example, you run fast as you can for four minutes, then you walk for 2 minutes. Or you do an exercise for 2 minute as many times as you can with correct form, then you rest for 1 minute. So you burn more calories and you build muscle in less training time than with running at a steady pace or with conventional exercise. HIIT programms usually last from 15 minutes to half an hour, 3 times per week at most. They are good for people who have a busy life or don't want to spend a whole morning in the gym. HIIT programms are demanding, so the rest of the week days one can do lighter exercise, such as yoga or jogging.

HIIT increases the demand of the body for oxygen. When the oxygen it gets from breathing isn't enough, it breaks up the fat to get the energy it needs. And you get a faster metabolism, and you keep burning fat even after you exercise. It doesn't increase appetite, since it reduces grehlin, the hormone that induces hunger, and it increases the amounts of lactase and glucose in the blood, that help control hunger.

The single most well-established benefit of interval training has to do with heart health. Intervals can boost cardio-respiratory health with a smaller time investment compared to continuous forms of exercise.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• I think our bodies do this naturally? I am very active and I notice I will desire to govrsally fast really hard intermittently interspersed throughout the day ten hour interval, without planning it. And done dars will be lighter than others other days heavier. So I think there’s probably something to it, as wuthoit intention I notice the pattern.

• I read that in prehistoric times people would run really fast really hard in a burst when they were in danger of being eaten, which was a common danger. So people would naturally be thin, as to avoid being eaten. So, if modern people train in short bursts , they make their body want to be thin. I just didn't include that, because I don't know if it's true

Most Helpful Guy

• Whooo! You just got my follow. HIIT training is the shit.

Especially well suited for male physiology and athletes in place of traditional cardio.

Join the discussion

42
  • Another benefit of HIIT for men especially, although I guess also for women si ce it helps with fat loss, is that HIIT boosts testosterone.

• 7d

testosterone is good for muscle growth and strength in both sexes, in a healthy amount.

• I got tired just by reading it... but I don't like cardio in general, i prefer fitness

• Physical by Olivia Newton John
    https://youtu.be/vWz9VN40nCA at least for me it does.

• HIIT is very effective for me. I enjoy it rather than boring stretched our cardio routines.

• Good take

• Fastest way to burn calories

• 7d

Hey can you follow me please I am new and wanna answer more questions please 🙂