Girlfriend demanding more gifts and flowers?...Is this accepatable?

My girlfriend recently stated she is frustrated with me becuase I'm not giving her enough flowers, chocolates, and surprise gifts. Now of course I give her flowers and things on V-day, b days, special occasions, etc. But apparently that's not good enough. Is this acceptable to say? Should I take offense?

Ok, so I ask her again what she "specifically" is referring to. She tells me it is about the gifts and that's how she feels loved. She stated she wants a micheal kors watch, or purse, or shoes, or dress. Flat out. I asked well geez you want me to pay for your car too? In which she replies yes if you have the money to pay for it yes. She says after 3 months this should be happening and asked me what is she doing with a boyfriend then?

4615

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not! She shouldn't be demanding for you to do anything besides respect her and honor the relationship boundaries you established. I have had few boyfriends who did nice things for me like that, and the last thing I would do is demand more of it. She's not good for you, and her demands will probably get larger in time. Dump her.

HOWEVER, once, I had a boyfriend who was really cheap and bragged about how he bought his ex a $150 dress and his other ex "made" him pay for everything (dinner, etc.). Mind you, I took special precautions not to make him spend money (free movie tickets, etc.) and it hurt that he treated his exes better than me, so I told him this and said "well, what about me?" Then he gave a HUGE guilt trip and later complained about giving Christmas and birthday gifts (as I did for him). This is part of the reason why I don't want a guy spending money on me; he likely thinks I'm not worth it, and I look like a huge beeyotch for wanting to be treated as well as his exes (after he brags about how much he spent on them unsolicited).

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE