7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

1) To Be Grateful

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

Be grateful NOW for the people who love and care about you. Every moment and every memory shared with those you love is so very precious.Don't wait around for a wakeup call to tell you that you should have been more grateful for them in your life.I am so grateful that i cherished the memories of those who died while they were still alive

Be grateful for every day that you get to spend with people you love.Life is short,but very precious

2) Let Nothing Go Unsaid

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

Always find it in your heart to forgive those you love.Resolve any issues you have with them ,and let them know EVERY DAY how much you love them. You never know when you may lose the opportunity to tell them or make amends.One of the biggest regrets of those who lose somebody to death is that they never said what they needed to say when they still had the chance.You can never get that chance back again

The bitterest of tears shed over graves are the words left unsaid and deeds left undone

3) It's Okay To Fall Apart

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

Sorrow & grief are a natural response to loss. You’re allowed to break down. You're allowed to cry & fall apart. Let yourself be vulnerable.Accept your feelings and embrace the sorrow as it comes over you.It helps with the healing process in the long-term.Pain is only proportional to the amount a person loves, so the pain that grief brings is equal to how much you love someone

Don't forget that you're human. Remind yourself it's okay not to be okay .It's okay to break down ,it's okay to cry

4) Everyone Grieves Differently

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

Everyone’s experience of grief is unique.It's our very own personal journey .People's actions and reactions to grief differ from person to person.Each of us defines our own healing process.Everyone finds their own way of dealing with their loss and pain.There's no right or wrong way to grieve.Which ever way you choose to grieve ,it's right for you

No person has the right to condemn you on how you repair your own heart, or how long you choose to grieve ,because no one knows how much you're hurting .Recovering takes time ,and everyone heals at his /her own pace

5) Pain Eases

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

The pain you feel after a loved one dies never really goes away ,only it's intensity changes. Gradually,over time,the physical symptoms of grief lessen and the heart-wrenching emotional pain softens.You will always remember those who've died ,and at times painful memories will come flooding back.They'll be times when you break down,but the pain will never be as severe as it was during the initial stages of the grieving process.

Time doesn't heal the pain,it teaches you how to live with the pain

6) It's Okay To Move On

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

Survivors guilt can cause a grieving person to feel guilty about moving on with their life, as if moving on would mean forgetting and betraying their dead loved one. However, moving on doesn't mean that you're done with grieving or that you should forget about your loved one. Moving on is about moving forward ,not being done or over it.Moving on is about learning to accept your great loss ,and adjusting to life without your loved one.Your life is changed forever ,and life as you knew it will never be the same again.The loss becomes part of who you are.But it is important that your life continues and moves forward .Remember, your loved one would never want you to live the rest of your life grieving for them.

It takes strength to make your own way through grief,to grab hold of life and let it pull you forward

7) Life Goes On

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

When someone you love dies ,it seems as though the whole world comes to a complete standstill.But life goes on with or without you.It's okay to miss and long for those who've died,but the best way to honor someone's memory is to choose to live your life to the fullest, remembering and celebrating your loved ones life

Things end,people change but life still goes on

7 Lessons Learned Through Grief

43
Fitness-Fanatic is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• THIS IS AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing!!! This all great stuff!!! Totally agree with everything you have said!!! This reminded me of a song that I had on a list I posted before, that at times has started to make my eyes wet
    Mike and the Mechanics- the living years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k
    "I know that I'm a prisoner
    To all my Father held so dear
    I know that I'm a hostage
    To all his hopes and fears
    I just wish I could have told him in the living years
    Oh, crumpled bits of paper
    Filled with imperfect thought
    Stilted conversations
    I'm afraid that's all we've got
    You say you just don't see it
    He says it's perfect sense
    You just can't get agreement
    In this present tense
    We all talk a different language
    Talking in defence
    Say it loud (say it loud), say it clear (oh say it clear)
    You can listen as well as you hear
    It's too late (it's too late) when we die (oh when we die)
    To admit we don't see eye to eye"
    This is such a touching MyTake and I am happy and proud that many gaggers have and will see it because it is so good and needs to be taken in! Thank you! This will mean a lot to a lot of people!

Most Helpful Girls

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 1

• Sad. Reminded my of my best friend Kristen. Her memory still in my mind.

• Sorry about you losing a friend

• Thank you. Her memory still in my mind and everyday I am trying hard to fulfill that promise I make to her. To better society one day at a time. A promise i always keep for eternally.

• That promise you made will give you something to focus on , which will help with the pain of losing her

What Girls Said 2