Our planet is our little oasis of life in such a vast cosmos full of empty space and unhabitable rocks and planets, it's time we took better care of it.
Here are 5 little ways you can make a big difference!
1. Grow some plants. You could grow some herbs on your windowsil, fresh herbs can add a world of flavour to your food. You could grow some flowers in your yard or balcony to bring some beauty to the place. If you have a garden you can grow and enjoy the freshest and healthiest fruits and vegetables without pesticides or fertilizers. And just seeing plants you have grown and nurtured should always bring you a smile!
2. Avoid buying plastic. The mass production of plastic over the past 80 years has been rapidly destroying our planet. Try to avoid using plastic cups and plates. Avoid foods packaged in plastic, they're usually older, less healthy foods anyway. Avoid buying things you don't need, especially if it's packaged in plastic.
3. Don't drive if you can avoid it. If it's not too far you can walk, you won't just be helping the planet, you'll be helping yourself and your city or town. Walking just 45 minutes a day greatly improves both physical and mental health. And it reduces traffic, making both pedestrians and drivers less stressed and makes the air you breath cleaner. If it's too far to walk maybe take public transport.
4. Avoid eating meat. Our bodies are designed for vegetarian food, our intestines are too long for meat, the animal flesh decays inside and causes a lot of problems like cancer. And of course eating meat is really bad for our planet. We take enough vegetarian food for 30 people, feed it to animals to get enough food for 1 person as meat. Also we're making millions of animals suffer a lifetime just to get slaughtered. You can help save yourself, the animals and the planet all in one by going vegetarian!
5. Be happy! When you're happy people around you are happier. When people are happier they care more about the planet and themselves and are more willing to do what's best. Also they will make other people happier and the wave of happiness and positivity continues. Remember all your feelings are generated within you, whether you feel happy should be entirely up to you, it shouldn't depend on what's happening around you!